• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger junk yard save!

20171111_100757.jpg

I'm set for the grill!

You have a hell of a good start to an awesome car!!

I think we would all love to dig through boxes of parts like you have.
I'm looking forward to continue watching your build.

Since my car and I aren't in the same state I'm limited on what I can work on. I picked up this 68 a/c condenser from a fellow member. It has some extensive fin damage as you will see in the pics. I was told it was still functional when it was removed from his car. I guess time will tell if I wanted my time.
20171125_155239.jpg
20171125_155251.jpg
20171125_155244.jpg

With a fin straightener and a small blade screw driver and about 2 hours time, here is the result.

The screw driver points to the worst of the damage. I couldn't get that section to straighten. The fins were just too messed up. However the area around it looks way better and I'm sure will be more efficient. I can hold the condenser up to the light and see through it all but for an area about 1 square inch. I'm happy. Hope it works. Will put a pressure test on to see.

Good you could still pick on some parts.
Keep up the good work.

It's been a few months since I was on here so a little update is in order.

Went on vacation over New Years week with my family including my mom and brother. That was the deep freeze week on the east coast. My mom had a pipe freeze and bust while we were gone. $100k in damages. I had a small amount of water damage at my house as well. I have been tied up dealing with all that plus the house I stored my Charger at finally went under contract and will close in a day or so. I've been too busy to think Charger at all. Well I finally moved my car out of the spot it has occupied for the last 35 years. It saw sun shine today!!!

Last edited:
Still need to pack everything up to transport to SC. Hopefully in the next few weeks she will be at my house!

Great Charger!! Beat up metal is more fun to work with than rusty metal. I'll be watching this for updates.

Auto Transport Service
Back