• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

Hello.
I wanted to mention that I grabbed a used locking dipstick out of a chevy truck at the wrecking yard today. It fits like a damn and locks perfectly into the stock tube. I shortened and marked it and done like dinner.
The new hughes one that I bought is about 3" taller, which is likely a good thing anyways but the quick fix for a stock trany tube is a GM dipstick. Locks like a damn and if you dont like the look, just throw it in when you get to the track.
Good luck on the GTX progress.

That's what I'll do Malex, thanks! Been back to the track? Plenty hot down here now 91 today, 96 & 98 this weekend. I picked a bad week to start siding my house!

That would be hot for sure - siding in that temp. The downfall of being a jack of all trades! Hopefully it's a dry heat!
Yes, plans are in the works to head back up this weekend. New aeromotive pump, regulator installed, trans blanket on, and locking dipstick locked in. Weather man says 20-30% chance of rain so will make the drive.
IMG_1229.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

I like your tranny blanket. Where did you get it and how hard was it to install?
Do you run a trans temp gauge? I'd be interested to know if it holds more heat in and how much.
Hopefully you'll see some 10 second slips. :canada:

WTH...Tim June 9th was your last post....Cmon man I have to see more of this sweet ride!

Well I was on "vacation" last week. I resided my house installed a new door and painted it. Also repainted the girl friend garage. I'm glad to be back to work to get some rest! Was mid 90s all week. Maybe next week after I get things cleaned up & I get rested up I'll get back on track. Nice to know someone is keeping me honest!

Well I was on "vacation" last week. I resided my house installed a new door and painted it. Also repainted the girl friend garage. I'm glad to be back to work to get some rest! Was mid 90s all week. Maybe next week after I get things cleaned up & I get rested up I'll get back on track. Nice to know someone is keeping me honest!
:thumbsup:.....So did the GF pay you well?......

Us old married folk live the Al Bundy lifestyle, lol....

I may have gained a few temporary brownie points. We might as well be married, been together about 20 yrs.

I may have gained a few temporary brownie points. We might as well be married, been together about 20 yrs.
Sounds like a friend of mine. Had a girlfriend for many years. Then they finally got married and she bought the house down the street from him. So they never lived together but were neighbors. Go figure......

My job is 50 miles from my place, her house is 2 miles from work. I spend the week at her place then usually the weekend at my place.

Awesome, I need to find a girlfriend like that... I then have to figure out how to tell my wife...

I was a single guy when I bought the place. Just a 2 bdrm ranch style 35x28. But I built a 30x54 shop on the lot to make it livable. :lol:

I was a single guy when I bought the place. Just a 2 bdrm ranch style 35x28. But I built a 30x54 shop on the lot to make it livable. :lol:

"Technically" you still are a single guy.
When my wife and I bought our house the 50x100 quonset looked huge. Now I wish I had another one to fill.

You just never have enough garage/storage space. Same goes for my gun safe!

I thought you meant you had a special garage for your girlfriend at your house, lol. Actually that's a pretty good idea, then they can't fuss about all the car parts, man toys, etc.. or accidently door dent your mopar.

Last edited:
Hoping to get the house & garage clean back up this weekend from the siding job I did a week ago. Maybe even get some time on the car in, fingers crossed.

Auto Transport Service
Back