• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Super Bee - First Classic Muscle Car!

not a lot of attention to detail..
painted door catches,black inside of trunk,trunk latch is painted
all of that is the sign of a rushed job and when you see
that lack of detail,it makes you think what other shortcuts were taken???
i can almost smell the fresh bondo from here..lol
what kind of coin are they asking for it?
i would say mid 20's tops
there are much better values out there not much above that number...

You have to be patient to find a good car
A majority is cobbed up junk
A 440 super bee is a 6 pack car
and worth alot more then a 383 car
Most had a 383 few a hemi
Right now is the slow period for cars
In a few months more will come out
For sale when the weather breaks.
For 30 you should be able to still find something with matching numbers
And a little more attention to detail.
They painted the trunk latch of that car
And it only takes 2 bolts to remove it.
That is simply lazy to me and if you are lazy there what else did you shortcut?
Damm if that crate is worth more then mid 20 ' I'm starting to think of selling mine..
I know of a nice original numbers 69 4 spd runner on here
That is for sale asking 35
That could be bought for less
I know it's not a bee,but a pretty good comparison.
What do the fender and vin tags say?

I will post a link to that runner tomarrow
For you when I get a chance
look at it and compare it to this bee

That gtx is a clone and way over priced
For what it is.

avoid any dealers,unless you like to get bent over! they are the worst place to buy one of these cars.
that one is way overpriced
stick to private owners for a better deal.
for the price range you are in,
this is the level of car you should be getting
this car will hold good vale
numbers matching and original metal cannot be beat for value..

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/cto/5894954035.html

avoid any dealers,unless you like to get bent over! they are the worst place to buy one of these cars.
that one is way overpriced
stick to private owners for a better deal.
for the price range you are in,
this is the level of car you should be getting
this car will hold good vale
numbers matching and original metal cannot be beat for value..

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/cto/5894954035.html
That is a really nice car!

Nice car. A couple of things missing. 1) I prefer a Bee. 2) I wanted a 440.

I am thinking all things equal the red car maybe worth more considering these two differences.

Will post fender tag when I see it. Regarding dealerships, . Particularly when the dealer has directly acquired and is reselling. However in the case of consignment you can find good cars listed by owners that didn't want to deal with prospective buyers.

even the consignments are generally a overpriced rip off
it puts another layer between you and the owner
and a lot gets lost in the translation and if something is misrepresented (9 times out of 10 it is!)
that translation is where the blame will get pointed at.
i got that you want a Bee,i was posting something that should show you what you should be getting for the money.
put some wear and tear on that resale red bee
and the value will drop like a rock if you need to sell.

if you want a 440 in a bee unless you are stepping up to a 6 pack car
you are buying something that will be less then original as they didn't come that way
and unless the car has been done to a very high level,you should be getting a discount for that.
it might be worth more to you but when you go to sell what you like doesn't matter.
that is where i get my mid 20's from for that red car. anymore then that,i can get better value for my money elsewhere.
buying one of these cars and getting good value isn't as easy as it used to be.
my buddy looked for months before he bought that car and he looked thru many.
there is a lot of cobbed up junk out there
i know because he showed me what he was looking at... he is also a member on here..

Last edited:
I've been reluctant to hop on this thread because I don't want to troll, but I can assure you there are NO 440 V8 B Body cars on North American soil for sale 'in the mid 20s' that don't need another 20K put into them to be roadworthy.

I've been searching for almost 30 months, been to two states, and had friends check on cars in three other states, and a 'mid 20s' 440 V8 B Body in good condition DOES NOT EXIST.

Many 383 cars out there that are a pretty good value in the 'mid 20s', but even those cars probably need another 10K to be nice, reliable, and roadworthy.

really?
if you are after a original 440 car probably not.
that is apples and oranges to what we are talking about here
the op doesn't seem to be worried much about that
here you go, took me 3 seconds to find..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymou...5204b9eb:g:EmAAAOSw2xRYbCe1&item=332088523243

if you think i'm low on my assessment can i suggest
that you post that red car with all the pics and info over here in this wiw forum
and see what response you get.
the guys over there follow these cars as much as some do following the stock market
enough that they have a dedicated forum for it..

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/26/1/ebay-craigslist-racingjunk-wiw.html

Last edited:
Flypaper that is a 1970 Roadrunner tribute 440 auto. NOT a 1969 440 4spd Bee.

If that is $24k then the Bee is over $30k. That said I hated how it drove - steering and brake particularly.

Before lookong at 68-69 Bees I was heavily considering a 71-73 Charger or Satellite. I like their wedge shape and haunches. There is a gorgeous and super solid 72 Charger 440 6 pack. Power steering and AC, Original sticker. 0 rust. Not a squeak. Runs super strong. I do like their lines and really like how this one drives.

Last edited:
i was more responding to the post above me then you..lol
the point is
there are 440 driver bbody cars out there for mid 20's
just not original ones.
one thing i have noticed lately is that 68-70 charger prices
are going thru the roof,so the ones below them
like bee's and runners and x's might be creeping up behind them.
the more i hear you say that bee is worth over 30
makes me think harder about selling mine.

i was more responding to the post above me then you..lol
the point is
there are 440 driver bbody cars out there for mid 20's
just not original ones.
one thing i have noticed lately is that 68-70 charger prices
are going thru the roof,so the ones below them
like bee's and runners and x's might be creeping up behind them.
the more i hear you say that bee is worth over 30
makes me think harder about selling mine.

Well keep in mind I'm not saying it is worth it to me. I'm just going by what I see in the market in terms of asking prices. You will be hard pressed to find a Bee 440 and 6spd for under 30.

you have to also have to keep in mind that
this isn't the best time of the year to buy one of these cars.
most are packed away for the winter,buried in a garage
things will pick up some in a few months..

I've been reluctant to hop on this thread because I don't want to troll, but I can assure you there are NO 440 V8 B Body cars on North American soil for sale 'in the mid 20s' that don't need another 20K put into them to be roadworthy.

I've been searching for almost 30 months, been to two states, and had friends check on cars in three other states, and a 'mid 20s' 440 V8 B Body in good condition DOES NOT EXIST.

Many 383 cars out there that are a pretty good value in the 'mid 20s', but even those cars probably need another 10K to be nice, reliable, and roadworthy.

Id agree 100% with this post. Good luck finding a quality driver with solid bones for the mid 20's. Forget matching numbers. That's a entirely different buyer and for many people it isn't a priority. My friend is going to look at a 69 runner today and has been looking for 6 months now. ALL of them we looked at in upper 20's to low 30's had issues that you could easily throw 5-10k at to make right. One of them was an A12 car that he was prepared to spend 65k on until we got a look at the underside.... Woah.. what a hack job! Another appeared to be a coronet trying to be passed off as a Super Bee. Oh, forgot to mention the 69 Charger that was a legit internet scam including a complete fake classic car dealer!

Most dealers don't really know Mopars well and have no clue whats right and wrong with them. Id find someone who REALLY knows these cars and pay them to inspect any potential purchase. It will be the BEST money you ever spent.

Black trunk.
Raises red flags.
Pun intended.

really?
if you are after a original 440 car probably not.
that is apples and oranges to what we are talking about here
the op doesn't seem to be worried much about that
here you go, took me 3 seconds to find..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymou...5204b9eb:g:EmAAAOSw2xRYbCe1&item=332088523243

I've seen this car. It was listed awhile back at 26, now it's at 24. Kudos and compliments to the seller as he seems to be disclosing EVERYTHING. As he mentions, this car has had EXTENSIVE frame rail repairs. Probably okay for this car's use as a occasional weekend show participant, but in the long run more room for future major issues. I feel for the seller as it seems he has invested $$$$ and probably much blood, sweat, and tears, but in reality he has a car that will be difficult to sell.

Although a bit to the extreme as this car obviously has major cancer, but here is an example of what I see in the 'mid 20s'.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-...731ee9e6:g:JqgAAOSw5cNYcgpk&item=272514345446

Your point about real cars vs clones is true. It is apples and oranges, and I am aware that the OP wants a 440 4 speed, clone, tribute, or real, but solid driver that needs NOTHING.

I'll stand that there are no solid drivers needing nothing in the B Body with 440 in the 'mid 20s'.

IMG_1147.JPG
IMG_1140.JPG
Ok gang. So I ended up biting the bullet and getting a mint 68 Charger R/T.

Always loved the circular lights and butresses! It is quite stunning! Even the wife is excited about this one ;-)

The owner put an extremely well-built 360 in it for some reason. It sounds great and ironically pulls about as hard as the 72 Charger 440 6 pack I drove. I will say that every 440 I have driven so far did not feel that stout for what it is. I wonder if they all need a cam or what. That said I will prob move to a fully built 440. But it better have 500hp or bust. What would a 500hp 440 6 pack run and any good sources? My bud who owns a Mopar tuning shop is telling me to put a Hemi or even Hellcat motor in. I think I definitely want to stay carbureted as I love the smell and character.

Will make another post about motors. More pics and clips later. Sounds super good. IMG_1133.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back