• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AAR Fibreglass Rear Bumper. Shedding Lbs.

Might put a roll pin in the bottom to keep it from pulling out. I could see myself doing that.

I tried the prop rod on the side and this hood did some weird ****. Lol.. So I moved to the middle. I'm going to try the side again now that the hood is finished and see what it does.

Hey LemonWedge. I tried the prop rod over on the side again. With the hood finished up it's rigid enough to stay straight and no longer droop. Changes made! Thanks for the comment on the rod!
IMG_4654.JPG

IMG_4655.JPG

I'd love to see this thing in person. But my bet is neither one us will venture far enough. The pics look great.
Doug

Might put a roll pin in the bottom to keep it from pulling out. I could see myself doing that.

GTX that is exactly what would happen..lol. What I had done was tap a 3/16 thread in the end and there's a large head screw in there acting as a stop.

I'd love to see this thing in person. But my bet is neither one us will venture far enough. The pics look great.
Doug
Funny you say that Doug, my same thoughts about your 64. Clearly though, you have one of the nicest Plymouths ever built. Fastest too. Over on this end though I'm doing everything twice. I've found out the hard way that a nice street car doesn't make the best strip car.

I can attest as I have seen it in person. It is one fine piece of equipment.

I can attest as I have seen it in person. It is one fine piece of equipment.
Hey Wooks. Get over here. You’re missing a good game. Those girls are vicious!
BD15FAA0-B584-4E65-AF0E-F6556BF4C4E5.jpeg

8156576A-BAFE-45EB-BDC9-5263E85B6943.jpeg

I have told Malex. That I would trade him even up. Lol
Thinking about it Mr. Mike Gaines! Especially after seeing those nice glasstek pieces that you picked up.

BTW how's the weather in the great white north these days?

BTW how's the weather in the great white north these days?
Weather is terrible. It's too damned warm. Like about 35F today. They throw sand and salt all over the place and when it gets like this vehicles look like the roads. About 10F is best that way a person can keep up with it. What makes it worse is that I'm stuck between 2 other provinces and one really sucks and the other blows. I'm moving south!

Was 50 and sunny here yesterday, about 25 degrees above normal what ever that is.

Update:
The fibreglass plenum in finished form.
View attachment 545488
Seals tight to the hood all the way around, will be able to report comparisons next season. Cowl verses hemi scoop.
View attachment 545489
Not sure what guys do for prop rods but this is what I came up with.
View attachment 545487
3/8" aluminum rod, spins 90 degrees from vertical to horizontal position. I didn't want to use a hockey stick handle that seems to be common in these parts.
View attachment 545486
Malex...If you are going to run that air cleaner at the track I would suggest the air cleaner lid that is the "flow-thru" type, NOT the solid metal one. just sayin....

Malex...If you are going to run that air cleaner at the track I would suggest the air cleaner lid that is the "flow-thru" type, NOT the solid metal one. just sayin....

I see that K&N makes the flow-thru top for the 16" element so will be looking into that further. On calm days I'll run without a filter but on those brutal days filtered air is a must. Down the road there's going to be another hemi scoop with a quality fibreglass hood on this 64.

The 64 finally came out of the garage, first time since last September, 170 lbs lighter and sporting a new look. This year will be the Hood shoot out. 5" Cowl vs 5" Hemi. Will see what if any difference there is in ET and MPH.
Yeah yeah, it's a cowl hood, but, it's got a MOPAR stripe on it. It's straight!
Check it out.

Front end sits higher than it used to. Less weight and tall Front runners.
IMG_2454.JPG

IMG_2455.JPG

The painted glass bumpers give it a different look than the chrome.
IMG_2456.JPG

IMG_2460.JPG

Have the 64 on display this weekend at a local car show. Driving the car the little that I did it sure has a different feel with the less weight, new converter and low gear set. Different in a good way.

I have to put a motor in mine before I can take it out of the garage. Monday!

Auto Transport Service
Back