• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpine White Mopar Owners

tnfastback

Local time
6:22 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone who owns or has owned an Alpine White Mopar tell me if it is a slightly off white as in not as bright white as today’s White cars.

My 69 charger was alpine white and I was very happy with it. It is not bright white.

Is it brighter than Wimbledon White on the 60’s Mustangs?? The Wimbledon White is almost eggshell.

I know Ford is a 4 letter bad word, but I know you have seen them at car shows :lol:

Great color. My first 67 was alpine

upload_2020-8-17_20-14-29.jpeg

I know nothing about alpine white, but my 33 is Wimbledon white. It is definitely a "soft", off white.
I suspect the alpine white is not as bright as today's whites. Maybe...old t-shirt white?

ed14387ac5927f711eb8c2f6c6ca7f22--vanishing-point-dodge-challenger.jpg
Probably the most famous example of an EW1 Alpine White car, as it looked when new, next to black and white motorcycle. Were police motorcycles off white back then? The car and bike look about the same shade of white to me. Maybe that bike’s front fender is slightly whiter..

That’s funny as I was watching some clips of VP today and that is where my question came from.

Its more of a Blancmange Actually but don’t worry they have been domesticated ever since Wimbledon.

1C86FE3E-46EE-426D-8A8E-369CDA33EDE8.jpeg

My Alpine White Charger. The Eggshell white is a creamier white.
DSCN0315.JPG

PLYMOUTH , DODGE AND CHRYSLER HAD DIFFERENT SHADES OF ALPINE WHITE .
MY ROAD RUNNER IS ALPINE WHITE AND WHEN I ORDERED THE PAINT FROM PPG SUPPLER.
THEY NEEDED THE MAKE OF THE CAR DUE TO THERE CHARTS USED A LITTLE DIFFERENT MIX'S FOR EACH MAKER IN THERE BOOK . ALPINE WHITE IS A LITTLE OFF WHITE
IMG00032.JPG
hood 2.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back