• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Ebay Price war a $1,950.00 Battery cable

He also has an ash tray insert for a mear $300.

they recently waved the listing fees for a limited time
so it doesn't cost a idiot to go moron fishing..

This is one reason why I love the quote I got from Mike Ring, Ringbrothers, after interviewing him on their Chevelle build (Recoil):
"We don't do restorations. The problem with restorations is that it's all about what's wrong with the car. When you build a custom car, it's all about what's right with it."

Guess I need to start a NOS business. Jeez!!!

Yep this clown is way over priced just like a few others such as the former Frank Mitchell. There are others out there as well. The NOS pieces I have that I am selling from my '66 Satellite build are way below what these guys are asking. I won't give anything away but damn I cannot see raping someone of their hard earned bucks for a FOOKING NOS CAR PART!!!:mad::mad::mad::usflag::usflag::usflag:cr8crshr/Tuck

I doubt he will ever sell that cable......I do not see any A body guy restoring a 67-69 340 to perfect condition even spending half that price...For a car that is worth what?

You guys should have heard the price he wanted for a pair of NOS lower shock plates I inquired about. It was almost like it was being slapped in my face....Look at these beauties, I know you want them and if you do they are 2k.....No I am not kidding...

So Awhile back I inquired about an NOS gas tank from him. I got an email saying Yes, I do have one and it is $$. So I called him out this time, deal, I will take it...All of a sudden he couldn't find the tank, imagine that....

For my type of restoration. I do not mind paying up for high quality NOS parts but I detest people that know the type of car your building and when you need a part the price increases a 100 fold...

I will also say there are some NOS vendors that have more realistic NOS pricing. So do not use this one or Frank Mitchell as an example....they are/were the leeches in the NOS market....

AMS obsolete took over the late Frank Mitchells business and they are very honest and well priced.

The guy on eBay handle orangeblackbird is another good NOS vendor.. http://stores.ebay.com/nosonly/

When my original emblem snapped in half, this is what I did with my grille. I won't spend $150 on a repop emblem
1176233_349367331863229_895035429_n.jpg

This is one reason why I love the quote I got from Mike Ring, Ringbrothers, after interviewing him on their Chevelle build (Recoil):
"We don't do restorations. The problem with restorations is that it's all about what's wrong with the car. When you build a custom car, it's all about what's right with it."
Couldn't agree more with that statement.

When my original emblem snapped in half, this is what I did with my grille. I won't spend $150 on a repop emblem
View attachment 532517
Don't even get me started on reproduction parts...90% are somewhat close and 10% are really close..

This is the key area to focus on is the reproduction market instead of the NOS market...The NOS caters to a specific group and the reproduction caters to another....The push needs to be placed on the reproduction industry to improve, improve, improve and provide quality parts...NOS parts are not going to be around forever and most are already gone...The other end of that token is we are a minority in comparison to other manufacturers.....

The reproduction market and the junk they offer has made the average restorer to venture into the NOS market and for good reason. Unfortunately, the NOS market is what it is and they do not cater to the average restorer....Do I agree with the ridiculous prices, No I do not.....

I looked at the ebay link.
I didn't see a price war. :poke: What I saw was an item for sale that was not really for sale. It was --look what I have--:p

Speaking of reproduction parts, i was on the phone today with PG classic. I bought repro convertible belt moldings. The chrome parts. One is shaped like a "L" and the other is the shorter piece that connects the belt molding to the trim piece on the rear side window's. The shorter piece was made completely wrong. It didn't fit wasn't even close. To try to use it i would have to taken a die grinder to it and even then i doubt it would fit. I told the sales rep i paid good money for these things and i cant believe I'm the only one complaining. He told me take pictures and send them to him. I told him i will do one better and send the actual pieces themselves. I told him i reused the old ones as they were passible. I also told him look on your computer as I've bought from them before so let you consciences be your guide as far as restitution. We'll see what happens but i learned you cant beat original parts

Speaking of reproduction parts, i was on the phone today with PG classic. I bought repro convertible belt moldings. The chrome parts. One is shaped like a "L" and the other is the shorter piece that connects the belt molding to the trim piece on the rear side window's. The shorter piece was made completely wrong. It didn't fit wasn't even close. To try to use it i would have to taken a die grinder to it and even then i doubt it would fit. I told the sales rep i paid good money for these things and i cant believe I'm the only one complaining. He told me take pictures and send them to him. I told him i will do one better and send the actual pieces themselves. I told him i reused the old ones as they were passible. I also told him look on your computer as I've bought from them before so let you consciences be your guide as far as restitution. We'll see what happens but i learned you cant beat original parts
You either go original or custom, in between is a grey area.... sub par parts!

Try AMS Obsolete, they have a ton of NOS yes pricey but not crazy!

No they never do, you have to shoot them a request. Why I have no idea, have gotten a lot of hard to find dist parts from him, high yes, to high no not for nos stuff.

Auto Transport Service
Back