• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Ebay Price war a $1,950.00 Battery cable

AMS obsolete is the best NOS supplier out there......They have real non superseded parts......

Make an email request or call and they will forward a price....

This is one reason why I love the quote I got from Mike Ring, Ringbrothers, after interviewing him on their Chevelle build (Recoil):
"We don't do restorations. The problem with restorations is that it's all about what's wrong with the car. When you build a custom car, it's all about what's right with it."
I never understood restorations. I've modified every car I've ever owned, so why would I ever want to return one to original? :)

I deal with 100 point car dist on occasion, did not get it at first but after talking with the owners I get it they want to preserve a model of the car.

I deal with 100 point car dist on occasion, did not get it at first but after talking with the owners I get it they want to preserve a model of the car.
We all have different tastes and flavors in this wonderful hobby.....Either we all get along or the haters can hit the road, thats it....

2k for that cable is ridiculous and as another member stated it is a "LOOK AT WHAT I HAVE" part....but this guy cares less about the restorers and doesn't need the money. Hence the price states that....

I buy a lot of nos lots just for a piece or two I need, great example I needed these unobtainable moulding clips and bought the lot, I try to pass on what ever else is there for a fair price, not free but a deal for the restorer looking for them.
DSC02014.JPG
DSC02015.JPG

Regarding NOS, I emailed Daniel Stern of Daniel Stern Lighting about turn signal switches and he responded, in part, like this:

There were two reasons I got started with these switches:

1. Everything else available on the new-parts market was Chinese garbage that falls apart

2. NOS the first letter is N for "new" (never mounted on a car) but the second letter is O for "old" (plastic ages and grows brittle whether it's sitting for four decades on a warehouse shelf or sitting for four decades behind a steering wheel).

I think putting together a 100 point car is way beyond me, there are so many little BS details you have to take care of, but I am glad people are doing it, hats off to them.

I buy a lot of nos lots just for a piece or two I need, great example I needed these unobtainable moulding clips and bought the lot, I try to pass on what ever else is there for a fair price, not free but a deal for the restorer looking for them.
View attachment 532758 View attachment 532759
Your not the only one....I have bought so many NOS through the years I could have had half of what AMS has.....

Of course they were needed for my restorations and I have doubles and triples etc gauging for the future.

I have literally sold the ones I no longer needed for a fraction of the cost or gave away free to friends at the cost of shipping. The same goes for the non NOS parts....

NOS TS signal switches sell for around 250 and I sold my lat one to a member here last week for 60 bucks and the ride....he demanded to pay more and I wouldn't have it...

When people degrade others restorations. I make mental note and would not even consider them for a high quality part they need at a huge discount, they would not get anywhere else.....

I gave a lot of parts to a kid last July at Carlisle, he was doing a 66 Belve and I had a bunch of parts I just gave him all of it.

I gave a lot of parts to a kid last July at Carlisle, he was doing a 66 Belve and I had a bunch of parts I just gave him all of it.
That right there is what the hobby is all about.....Thankfully we have members like you and very very very few of the latter....

oooooh I see...so when are you starting your next resto then?? :poke:
lol..Mario

Other than spare maintenance NOS parts for the X...I probably have enough NOS extra parts that may fit in a medium Priority box...lol....

Do you want them? I will box them up and just cover shipping....at least going to you it goes to someone that is "Really" part of this hobby and not some butt hurt douchebag

Your not the only one....I have bought so many NOS through the years I could have had half of what AMS has.....

Of course they were needed for my restorations and I have doubles and triples etc gauging for the future.

I have literally sold the ones I no longer needed for a fraction of the cost or gave away free to friends at the cost of shipping. The same goes for the non NOS parts....

NOS TS signal switches sell for around 250 and I sold my lat one to a member here last week for 60 bucks and the ride....he demanded to pay more and I wouldn't have it...

When people degrade others restorations. I make mental note and would not even consider them for a high quality part they need at a huge discount, they would not get anywhere else.....
I am a humble recipient of one of those non NOS parts from Justin. Otherwise, I'd be running around with one 440 hood emblem waiting for one on back order til hell freezes.

Thanks, brother.

lol..Mario

Other than spare maintenance NOS parts for the X...I probably have enough NOS extra parts that may fit in a medium Priority box...lol....

Do you want them? I will box them up and just cover shipping....at least going to you it goes to someone that is "Really" part of this hobby and not some butt hurt douchebag

LMAO as tempting as your offer is Justin, I would rather you give them to somebody who really needs them. I would gladly take them off of your hands, but im just a hoarder. lol

Auto Transport Service
Back