• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

autodrags or torq thrust wheels

Super Tricks are light, more so than the Center Lines which I ran on 2 cars. Only ones I recall lighter than Tricks were the Motor Wheel Fly's in the later '70's. Tricks also have the problem of leaking air due to the bolted 2 piece construction. Old school Torque Thrust's have the '60's look going for them.

I love Cragar SS's over T.T. or Auto Drags but have run them all & would buy them all again if the price is right. I found a set of (4) 5 spoke Daisy's (or 200S, I think they were called)? Anyone like these? This is the car I think of whenever I see them.

full-1359-29403-70_hemi_charger_rtse.jpg

I love the daisies. AR repoped them a while back but they 2-pieced them with a chrome rim I didn't care for. (Vn402). Now I see vn504 which are the one piece polished rim is available again.
The car I think of when I see daisies is a long-time friends 56, and the 55 in Two Lane Blacktop.

Talking about light, I thought billet specialties sent me empty boxes when I picked these 17x4.5 wheels up off the porch.

8CEC5FBE-2A83-4400-A1E7-7A19F019D3E5.jpeg

1967coronet440, did you get a weight on the wheels alone, and then on the assembly? My fronts were around 26lbs ( firestone 165/80-15s on ten spoke rockets, chosen for looks primarily).
Btw, that is an awesome wheel/tire combo you have, on an awesome car!!

1967coronet440, did you get a weight on the wheels alone, and then on the assembly? My fronts were around 26lbs ( firestone 165/80-15s on ten spoke rockets, chosen for looks primarily).
Btw, that is an awesome wheel/tire combo you have, on an awesome car!!
No I didn’t, I can still get a weight on the assembly I’d bet it’s around 20lbs

Now I'm curious. I've got a pair of old supertricks 15/3 with OLD 600/15s on them with tubes. ( yes, that old, not repops). They are on a car in storage. When I get one off i'll post what I find. yup

Now I'm curious. I've got a pair of old supertricks 15/3 with OLD 600/15s on them with tubes. ( yes, that old, not repops). They are on a car in storage. When I get one off i'll post what I find. yup

I'll get a weight of my 15x3.5" Tricks with 5.0x24.0 Phoenix (tubeless I hope). Need to re-silicone the centers or go to the tubes. I had a set of 14x15 Tricks that were really much lighter than the Centerlines I replaced them with. Front Trick spindle mounts also much lighter than the stronger Centerlines.

Thats the size I was going with but was concerned the side wall would be too small. Seeing them I like the look. They look great. That really helped me make up my mind. Thank you.
Sits nice, I really like the 26” tires up front

Same wheel, with old 165x15 with tube, 29 lbs. The mate to this tire blew the tread off, while properly inflated ,OFF THE GROUND, in my garage. I somehow don't trust this tire much.

20180728_105319.jpg

Back