• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Be glad when Winternet is over...

Story of my entire life. 3AM in the morning pulling an engine and putting another one in on a buddies car in the late 70's just so he could "be seen" Friday night on the street and then a week later I'm lying under a car on blocks with a 727 on my chest trying to lift it into place and put the first bolt in. Do or die...

So many here that have joined lately and can't even browse the tech threads first before asking for a hand hold. Then they get snippy after you've helped them out, or don't want to follow any advise from the many here that offer, that will fix their car... as "they know"! Oh look, I have a PM from one of them now....
View attachment 1636098

If they “know” the answer then why are they on here asking?

I am sorry to hear about these apparent ungrateful folks. I will say in full candor, I have relied upon so many on this site and took their advice as gospel. In my opinion, there is not a better mass of SME's pertaining to our specific hobby anywhere else. I sincerely hope I never offended anyone that was kind enough to take time from their day and help me along. And I will admit, maybe I am not as adapt at "searching" as I should be, but I am getting better.
Happy Easter everybody, and I'll say it for those that do not, THANK YOU ALL FOR THE EXPERTISE, TIME and PATIENCE. You guys are what makes this site so incredibly special.
Peace

LOL.. I think you guys missed what "Winternet" and my "list" refer to. So tired of helping guys out here just to get **** on... the no help "list" gets longer.
I know how you feel... :thumbsup:

I don't do much of it, now...

bunch of ingrates, shows who your real friends are
I was there always when they needed it, at my shop or thiers

Or,
I know some of it, is because where I live now...
I do understand that somewhat & we all age...
but;
It never stopped me from helping them,
driving 100+ (to 250+) miles to help them or tune their car
or go to/driving hours to a race or cruise they needed help at,
when I wasn't going myself 'at 1st'

I do miss them days when everyone got together
we all helped each other, mostly, there were the few exceptions
now it's the majority...

I know how you feel... :thumbsup:

I don't do much of it, now...

bunch of ingrates, shows who your real friends are
I was there always when they needed it, at my shop or thiers

Or,
I know some of it, is because where I live now...
I do understand that somewhat & we all age...
but;
It never stopped me from helping them,
driving 100+ (to 250+) miles to help them or tune their car
or go to/driving hours to a race or cruise they needed help at,
when I wasn't going myself 'at 1st'

I do miss them days when everyone got together
we all helped each other, mostly, there were the few exceptions
now it's the majority...

I’m grateful that my circle of friends are always willing to help each other, even on short notice. When called I never say no, garage gatherings are always a good time…

Wayne I don't understand why. But I have certainly witnessed some of what your saying. I can't name any one incident or two but I've certainly seen it. I try to help people out when ever I can on here simply due to the fact that when I need help this is the first place I go. I have spent hours helping members here. And I know for a fact that some don't realize what's involved in find the said information. Most do. And maybe it is the new generation that we owe everything to. NOT. Digging stuff out of storage for that crucial photo, driving to different locations for a "certain measurement" Spend time in a parts book or service manual for those specifications or images that must be scanned or at the least take a photo of the book to repost here.
Oh I know some would say " Who asked you" or "don't bother if you don't want to help" or the last but not least one is "what makes you such a expert" But that's just it, the person in the dilemma is asking for help. And all a fella asks for in return is a simple thank you or just to hit that little thumbs up button. Very hard for some.
I even had a fella one night go out to his shop after supper and measure ceiling height for me for a four post lift and be back within 10 minutes with the answer. Thanks again!!
A simple thank you goes a long way. That's all I'm saying.
I'm going for breakfast.

Auto Transport Service
Back