• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Female Singer of All Time

Best Femmale Singer of all time

• Karen Carpenter

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with 5.7 hemi..Pat Benatar,stevie Nicks...You guys also forgot to mention another famous female singer...What about Patsy Cline?That my friends is the best in my book..She sang like a bird....
Petty Blue 67 gTx

There are many of them over the years and I agree with Ann Wilson and Christine Mc Vee
but am surprised that no one mentioned Patsy Cline. Maybe most of you are not old enough to remember her.

I did mention Patsy Cline...Yes it was a little before my time but I,m originally from Nashville!!!
Petty Blue 67 gTx

Amy Lee

My vote goes to Amy Lee.
Time will tell.

For me it's a Hard choice between Ann Wilson, Sarah McLachlan, and Amy Lee.

I saw an MTV show with Wynona Judd accompanying Ann and Nancy Wilson.
It reminded me of a saying from my Grandmother: "She should have kept her ^$$ at home".

Ah come on........how about Rosanne singing the star spangled banner, what's with you guys.

I have two more if your like me & like country & western music Shennia Twain & Faith Hill, I always wanted to be the meat in the middle of a Shennia & Faith sandwich, sorry for spelling, I'm horrible at names...

I would have to go with Ann Wilson also, first name to come to mind.

I think Karen has one of the best voices of all time, I'd only put Diana Ross (my personal favorite) & Barbara Streisand ahead of her.

I have two more if your like me & like country & western music Shennia Twain & Faith Hill, I always wanted to be the meat in the middle of a Shennia & Faith sandwich, sorry for spelling, I'm horrible at names...

you and me both budnicks. if you could arrange that, id even cross swords for that encounter.lol shania twain and faith hill are sweet.

I will agree that Karen Carpenter should have been in the top 100. But I'm more of a fan of Pat Benatar's music myself. But I still play the Carpenters Christmas album during the holidays every year. Karen Carpenter did indeed die too young and she and her beautiful voice are indeed missed.

On a side note, Karen and Richard Carpenter and their father, were all Mopar fans. Richard Carpenter still has the 65 Satellite convertible that his dad bought new and which he and Karen used at the begining of their career. I do remember reading that one of Karen's car's in the 70's was an original 62 300-H convertible. Richard Carpenter at one time had a huge collection of 300 letter series cars. Now his collection is a little more diverse, and if you visit the Carpenters website you can view the current collection and read details of each car. I saw the Road Runner once when it was on loan to the Peterson museum.
Richard special ordered the 440 six pack Cuda brand new for his and Karen's use while they were working on the album that made them famous (it was ordered before they actually had the money to be able to afford it).

Link to The Carpenters car collection page
http://www.richardandkarencarpenter.com/Auto-00_Index.htm

The collection is worth a look.

I will agree that Karen Carpenter should have been in the top 100. But I'm more of a fan of Pat Benatar's music myself. But I still play the Carpenters Christmas album during the holidays every year. Karen Carpenter did indeed die too young and she and her beautiful voice are indeed missed.

On a side note, Karen and Richard Carpenter and their father, were all Mopar fans. Richard Carpenter still has the 65 Satellite convertible that his dad bought new and which he and Karen used at the begining of their career. I do remember reading that one of Karen's car's in the 70's was an original 62 300-H convertible. Richard Carpenter at one time had a huge collection of 300 letter series cars. Now his collection is a little more diverse, and if you visit the Carpenters website you can view the current collection and read details of each car. I saw the Road Runner once when it was on loan to the Peterson museum.
Richard special ordered the 440 six pack Cuda brand new for his and Karen's use while they were working on the album that made them famous (it was ordered before they actually had the money to be able to afford it).

Link to The Carpenters car collection page
http://www.richardandkarencarpenter.com/Auto-00_Index.htm

The collection is worth a look.

That is quite a collection. Love the 'Cuda story.

There are so many but my favorite has always been Cass Elliot (mama Cass).
"Dream a Little Dream of Me" was always my favorite.

Auto Transport Service
Back