• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Female Singer of All Time

Best Femmale Singer of all time

• Karen Carpenter

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is quite a collection. Love the 'Cuda story.

I looked at the Carpenter's car collection website pictures again myself.
http://www.richardandkarencarpenter.com/Auto-00_Index.htm
I think he might have a different 71 Hemi Road Runner now than the one that was in the Peterson Museum. I will need to look at my old photos, but I think I recall the one I saw at the Peterson with his name on it was black.
The B-bodies in the Carpenters collection include the 71 Hemi Road Runner, a 68 Charger RT, the 65 Satellite convertible and a 62 Sport Fury convertible. He's got the Mopars pretty well covered except that theres no A-bodies.
Its kind of interesting reading about the cars they had when their music career started and what cars they bought as their music became successful. In the description of the 68 Charger, Richard Carpenter describes how much he wanted a 68 Charger when it was new, but how they needed a new 68 Fury wagon for hauling all their equipment instead. I wonder if he'll be looking for a 68 Fury wagon to restore next.

Karen Carpenter was great for sure. I like Diana Ross alot as I like the Motown music alot and the Supremes were great. Ron

I can't believe noone mentioned Amy Lee from Evanescence . Pull up " Broken " by Seether sometime . Hands down winner . No contest !!!

I'm in for Pat Benatar.
I used to bounce at a club here in Orange County where she did a double header for New Year's Eve. She started her first concert at eight. Belted out tunes for over an hour and a half. We thought she would be worn out for the second set at 11. She came out, went almost two hours, and stronger than the first set. That gal can sing and is one of the most gracious people you will ever meet.

karen carpenter had a voice that could calm a hurricane.

- Maureen "Mo" Tucker (primarily drummer , Velvet Underground , 1965-1970 ; 1993)
- Grace Slick
- Signe Toly Anderson (early Jefferson Airplane , 1965-1966)
- Eva O (Super Heroines , Speed Queens , Christian Death , Shadow Project)
...others I can't think of right now ...

Here's "I'm Sticking With You" , with Maureen singing with Lou Reed joining mid-way through .
Maureen's the gal who's seated right-front in the video's pic (clockwise from top-left : Lou Reed , Holmes Sterling Morrison , John Daevies Cale , Maureen Tucker , Nico ; 1966 )

http://youtu.be/srxoumTKMd8

I gotta agree with those saying Karen Carpenter....Always loved her voice. Second in my opinion is Cass Elliott....to be followed up by Ann Wilson, Roberta Flack, Pat Benetar, etc....I first heard of Richard Carpenters 71 Road Runner, right after I took possession of my 71 GTX....

IMO, the female singers of today, have too much warbling in their voices and make Rosanne Barr sound gifted....

I would go with: Anne Wilson, Carrie Underwood, and Aretha Franklin.

I also like Stevie Nicks & Melissa Etheridge.

The fact that Karen wasn't mentioned as one of the top i guess brought all this and some really great voices. Ive been wondering though since page two was 1/2 over, who did get the top spot, or made the list?

I believe Aretha Franklin got the top spot. Which it is hard to argue with her talent. Definetly worthy of top 5. But really not a match for Karen's voice imho. I honestly don't remember much of the rest. I think Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey was in the top 5 as well.

Adel can really sing. Also surprised nobody mentioned Oliver Newton John yet.

I believe Aretha Franklin got the top spot. Which it is hard to argue with her talent. Definetly worthy of top 5. But really not a match for Karen's voice imho. I honestly don't remember much of the rest. I think Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey was in the top 5 as well.

Thanks, and i agree with you with Karen, I find it hard to believe she wasn't even mentioned.

Carly Simon, Barbara Striesand, Stevie Nicks, Cass Elliot (Momma Cass), Grace Slick, Judy Garland, Bessie Smith, Carole King, Patsy Cline, Billie Holliday are some that came to my head

Debbie Harry (Blondie)
Stevie Nicks
Ann Wilson
All great singers with great bands!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back