• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern movies and why they are often so terrible.

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
There was a thread on this topic somewhere but I can't seem to find it.
Regardless....
I have been commenting for years that action movies and TV shows have been in a steady decline for years.
This guy explains some of what I have been saying:

One of my favorite shows of all time was The Walking Dead.
Even that show fell victim to some of the pitfalls that progressive executives have done to the industry.
Women get into fights with larger, more powerful men and somehow are victorious?
The trend of female empowerment has jumped past common sense and physics just like any action scene in a Fast and Furious movie.
You take a 120 lb woman and put her in a fight with a 200 lb man and somehow, she never breaks her hands or arms, she hits the man and he lurches backwards as if he were hit by a truck and people are supposed to just go along with this?
The Walking Dead followed a theme of female empowerment. I’m not against realistic situations but forcing us to accept impossible physical feats like I mentioned ruin all credibility.
For the record, I am not anti-female. I'm more of a realist. I know the limitations that we all have so seeing any character on screen go too far beyond legitimate capabilities we posses just annoys me.
In a post apocalyptic world, would men really surrender to women and obey their commands as leaders of communities?
No, they would not. In a lawless society, it would be fear, guts and brute force that ruled the land. No alpha men would put their egos aside and follow a physically weaker and smaller person, male or female.
TWD had 120 lb women running communities. They made rules and they were enforced.
Now...I'm not claiming that women should only be decoration or supporting members. I'm merely stating that Hollywood had taken it too far and made it seem like MEN are now to be ignored as if our physical strength and size is irrelevant.
It is not and it never will be. Just look at the mechanics of it. We are generally larger, heavier, stronger, can take more physical abuse and carry more weight. We can tolerate more wear and tear. Aside from childbirth, we as men are designed to live with and tolerate injury and burdens since as a general rule, we are the ones usually out there on the front lines.
Yes...there are exceptions but look around. The overwhelming majority of couples have males that are physically larger and stronger.
Putting out movies and TV shows that show men as physically larger yet somehow easy to defeat by smaller and weaker adversaries ruins credibility.
I'll admit, women can be skilled and crafty. They can be far more devious and vindictive. Why not focus on the legitimate strengths that women often have? It is believable and would be taken as such. In modern times, women can be CEOs and leaders because their capabilities as thinkers can be a huge asset.
To accept the thought that a thin woman can beat up The Rock or any other man that outweighs them by 100 lbs is absolutely stupid.

Last edited:
Agree, there were a couple of recent series on Netflix or one a those, where gorgeous females are downing huge muscle dudes and fighting more than one, then off to their next fearless adventure to do more of the same. Didn’t continue watching them. Yep, physics applies. In tech school physics, the professor used to give us rather interesting calculations to solve. One of them was the outcome of a crash between a VW beetle vs a Cadillac Deville in a head-on crash at a speed of 40-something MPH as I can recall. The solution was something to do with how many feet the Caddy would push the VW in the opposite direction after colliding. So, a 115 lb female vs a 200+ lb male? Got to be an equation for it..

Again, I readily admit that many women have creative and devious minds that they rely on to get the upper hand in precarious situations. That exists and can be used in movies with believability.
The completely unrealistic fight scenes just turn me off and deter me from watching any other movies with “strong female lead” themes.

There was a thread on this topic somewhere but I can't seem to find it.
Regardless....
I have been commenting for years that action movies and TV shows have been in a steady decline for years.
This guy explains some of what I have been saying:

One of my favorite shows of all time was The Walking Dead.
Even that show fell victim to some of the pitfalls that progressive executives have done to the industry.
Women get into fights with larger, more powerful men and somehow are victorious?
The trend of female empowerment has jumped past common sense and physics just like any action scene in a Fast and Furious movie.
You take a 120 lb woman and put her in a fight with a 200 lb man and somehow, she never breaks her hands or arms, she hits the man and he lurches backwards as if he were hit by a truck and people are supposed to just go along with this?
The Walking Dead followed a theme of female empowerment. I’m not against realistic situations but forcing us to accept impossible physical feats like I mentioned ruin all credibility.
For the record, I am not anti-female. I'm more of a realist. I know the limitations that we all have so seeing any character on screen go too far beyond legitimate capabilities we posses just annoys me.
In a post apocalyptic world, would men really surrender to women and obey their commands as leaders of communities?
No, they would not. In a lawless society, it would be fear, guts and brute force that ruled the land. No alpha men would put their egos aside and follow a physically weaker and smaller person, male or female.
TWD had 120 lb women running communities. They made rules and they were enforced.
Now...I'm not claiming that women should only be decoration or supporting members. I'm merely stating that Hollywood had taken it too far and made it seem like MEN are now to be ignored as if our physical strength and size is irrelevant.
It is not and it never will be. Just look at the mechanics of it. We are generally larger, heavier, stronger, can take more physical abuse and carry more weight. We can tolerate more wear and tear. Aside from childbirth, we as men are designed to live with and tolerate injury and burdens since as a general rule, we are the ones usually out there on the front lines.
Yes...there are exceptions but look around. The overwhelming majority of couples have males that are physically larger and stronger.
Putting out movies and TV shows that show men as physically larger yet somehow easy to defeat by smaller and weaker adversaries ruins credibility.
I'll admit, women can be skilled and crafty. They can be far more devious and vindictive. Why not focus on the legitimate strengths that women often have? It is believable and would be taken as such. In modern times, women can be CEOs and leaders because their capabilities as thinkers can be a huge asset.
To accept the thought that a thin woman can beat up The Rock or any other man that outweighs them by 100 lbs is absolutely stupid.

Yes, they ruined twd. Absolutely ruined it by killing off 90% of the popular characters. Also by making the villians somehow indestructible. Very disappointing. When they made the sheriff disappear, and then never gave you glimpses til the last epsiode, and Machon took off abanding her kids, it just took an exit ramp that I just didn't enjoy. I only watched after it had already aired when I had exhausted everything else to watch. Lol. BC, they were supposed to have movies released that filled in all the gaps like the 7 years between seasons. They really know how to kill a show. Experts at that.

Beyond just sexist reasons, the entertainment industry as a whole has now totally goose-stepped into lock
with leftist dogma - comedians, musicians, movie and TV - they're all in lock-step with the woke agenda
and nothing they produce can be done so without advancing the agenda.

Thankfully, there's still an ample supply of pre-flucked up entertainment from back when to discover - and
I spend an inordinate amout of time reading, listening and watching all manner of older stuff just to
avoid "the culture" existant today.

I look at the TV listings lately and while I love movies, it has been even clearer to me that past oh, say 2015 or thereabouts, the movies are terrible. No name actors, too many unrealistic superhero movies, unrealistic action movies and independent movies on a fifteen dollar budget….

it has been even clearer to me that past oh, say 2015 or thereabouts, the movies are terrible.
batman thinking.gif

Yep, with a select few exceptions

Way too many shitty remakes & prequels or sequels...
No really good new ideas, shitty overpaid narcissistic actors,
or fat, or old & some really bad writers, with lil' to no talent...
Now comedy isn't funny it's political & the ones they do have,
are woke &/or way too much box-checking of some gay lame crap...

they wonder why (?) the studios are going with AI crap

Last edited:
The trend toward remakes with all female replacements sucks too. Ghostbusters?
Oceans 8?
Pick something original, write it with skill and people will come to see it.

The reason for most of the insanity we've been experiencing lately is due to ESG scores.

When you understand how the ESG system works, who created it, who perpetuates it, and the consequences of not following it, you will have your answer.

It permeates into almost every institution that we come into contact with.

Trending lame stories...
Most of the new feminists, aren't women, they are a trans-man now too...
wtf is that all about ? what 'Me Too', it's 'He Too' now...
What happened to real women standing strong...

(it's same thing with women's sports now too)

too much gay crap, the :gay: 5% is ruining it for the 95%
the media is the :gay: 5% pushing it too

Hollywierdo/s suck/s, went way too woke...

Last edited:
Beyond just sexist reasons, the entertainment industry as a whole has now totally goose-stepped into lock
with leftist dogma - comedians, musicians, movie and TV - they're all in lock-step with the woke agenda
and nothing they produce can be done so without advancing the agenda.

Thankfully, there's still an ample supply of pre-flucked up entertainment from back when to discover - and
I spend an inordinate amout of time reading, listening and watching all manner of older stuff just to
avoid "the culture" existant today.
Sad but true. There appears to be an agenda. And the agenda seems more important than the story.
It also seems like after so many years just out of good ideas for movie and tv shows.

I can think back, like everyone else, what they found as the most thrilling, funny, or interesting flick they watched. Some of mine were American Graffiti, Blues Brothers, Godfather’s, The Sting, Butch Cassidy, Serpico, Cool Hand Luke, Hud, some sci-fi's, more recently the flick on Ford racing (can’t recall the title) and who can forget the original Vanishing Point, despite its low budget (or shitty remake). Some of those didn’t have ‘Hollywood’ endings. Haven’t seen Oppenheimer yet; but sounds like a good new movie. I’m recalling many old movies, two more coming to mind were Three-days of the Condor and Marathon Man. Those were scarier than any horror flick I’ve seen. Many-many of them I haven’t watched in YEARS. Yep, lots of entertainment to be had in the archives.

I can think back, like everyone else, what they found as the most thrilling, funny, or interesting flick they watched. Some of mine were American Graffiti, Blues Brothers, Godfather’s, The Sting, Butch Cassidy, Serpico, Cool Hand Luke, Hud, some sci-fi's, more recently the flick on Ford racing (can’t recall the title) and who can forget the original Vanishing Point, despite its low budget (or shitty remake). Some of those didn’t have ‘Hollywood’ endings. Haven’t seen Oppenheimer yet; but sounds like a good new movie. I’m recalling many old movies, two more coming to mind were Three-days of the Condor and Marathon Man. Those were scarier than any horror flick I’ve seen. Many-many of them I haven’t watched in YEARS. Yep, lots of entertainment to be had in the archives.
A more recent favorite of mine: No Country for Old Men.
Go into that one prepared to do some thinking while you enjoy it....

That is a great movie because it told a story without preaching any of the modern junk.

A more recent favorite of mine: No Country for Old Men.
Go into that one prepared to do some thinking while you enjoy it....
The Coen brothers have their own style and can still turn out a good one...and the actors they cast know it too. No "token woke" in their stuff.

There's still a few decent flicks that come along now and then...but it's very few. For the most part I agree with the KernDog and the reasons the others here have noted.
One thing that bugs me about 'newer' movies is all the CGI. It started out as a way to show explosions and space battles ..but now crowds of people, the big expanses of land and even city streets are just images generated by computers.
That's not filmmaking, that's a couple of nerds in a lab. Not that that's easy or simple, and I'm sure it's MUCH cheaper but it just doesn't inspire feeling like the older movies did. I want a movie to make me feel "something". The current crop of 'actors' are so bland it's unbelievable. The good ones are aged, aging, or busy with obscure projects on streaming TV which I don't do much of.
Sometimes I think it'd be better to be a kid nowadays, can't miss what you never knew...

I don’t watch many movies for the reasons mentioned. Watch shows like Deadliest Catch, Gold Rush, Street outlaws etc… woke BS is not part of them YET.

The last show I went to see was Baby Driver. It was good....went to the cheap show so it was good enough for the money lol. TWD.... those kind of shows don't do anything for me but this past week I've been watching some old Barney Miller TV shows. I remember thinking it wasn't all that funny when it was on back in the '70s but I wasn't paying that much attention to TV anyways back then.

Many of the current batch of "writers" and "actors" suck. The writers have no talent. Proof in the pudding is remakes of movies/shows or some movies/shows being bits and pieces of others. No great loss when that are on strike. Many actors have no talent and rely on CG, doubles or other means for the vid. I like how Angela Bassett complained that she didn't get an award for her part in one of the Marvel comic book movies. Can't rely on CG to win you an award honey.
Add to that the woke factor.

Stunts were truly dangerous before digital imaging in which the fake is noticeable. Reading about stunt actors such as Dar Robinson and Bobby Bass, oly chit the stunts they did. Bass died from Parkinson’s and Robinson died with his boots on, going off a cliff on a motorcycle stunt. One of them fell out of a skyscraper (successfully) to an air mattress in a stunt. Some others including actors, were killed or maimed doing their work…Vic Morrow comes to mind. Well, post Alec, I gather no more blanks? Shots to be digitally inserted. So long armorers who did outstanding work for decades. All in the hunt to drum up the most outrageous-friggin goofy action resembling video games. I don’t play video games, glad they weren’t around when I was a kid. Maybe for those who have, the digitally made-up stunts are to their liking. Not for me, they look – goofy.

Auto Transport Service
Back