• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can of rusty worms

Molasses in winter slow! Mostly due to figuring out wat parts I need like pulleys etc., then ordering and waiting. Jegs Summit and 440 source have been pretty quick considering.
The short block is done and prepping the heads for install maybe this weekend i hope.
Once the engine is assembled ill2get focussed on the car. I still have to decide on a new master cylinder. I want to upgrade to disc brakes in the future. The power steering pump is presenting a bit of a challenge also. Exhaust will be the next big expense!

Molasses in winter slow! Mostly due to figuring out wat parts I need like pulleys etc., then ordering and waiting. Jegs Summit and 440 source have been pretty quick considering.
The short block is done and prepping the heads for install maybe this weekend i hope.
Once the engine is assembled ill2get focussed on the car. I still have to decide on a new master cylinder. I want to upgrade to disc brakes in the future. The power steering pump is presenting a bit of a challenge also. Exhaust will be the next big expense!

Oh man, I agree. So much stuff to mull over and order. I just got my exhaust from Jegs and its 100 degrees outside lol. What route are you taking with your exhaust? I actually used the Jegs exhaust on my 62 with a few modification and it fit great.

Oh man, I agree. So much stuff to mull over and order. I just got my exhaust from Jegs and its 100 degrees outside lol. What route are you taking with your exhaust? I actually used the Jegs exhaust on my 62 with a few modification and it fit great.

Love to get tti but i can get stainless 2.5 done locally for about the same cost. Just don't know if the bends will be as nice.
First i have to make up my mind about using the manifolds i have or headers i also have. I wanted to mockup each up on the engine to see what they lool like and clearances etc. Then i can shop around for the pipes.

My wife was just in Ohio for the police memorial. I'd have had her bring me back the exhaust is she could have squeezed them on the bus! Lol

overdue for a few updates.
The engine is assembled and needs pre-oiling with break-in oil I just picked up. Finally found a power steering pump from national moparts.

20170602_091803.jpg

Still trying to decide on exhaust. I like the HP manifolds.

IMG_4455.JPG
IMG_4458.JPG

But headers would add a little hp.

IMG_4463.JPG
IMG_4464.JPG

A mini starter would definitely be needed with headers though. $250 for a Dakota starter up here.

IMG_4467.JPG

With the engine work basically done, time to get the old girl back together.

The paint on the car is pretty good but I needed to address a couple of oopsies. Since I had a little paint left, I thought I'd try blending. I removed the glass and wet sanded to 1500. Masked it up and painted away. I hope it turns out good with some polishing.

IMG_4481.JPG

IMG_4484.JPG
IMG_4488.JPG
IMG_4489.JPG
IMG_4490.JPG

$250 for a starter!!!!!
Even through parts stores? That is flat out nuts considering it is the same starter used in about every Chrysler vehicle in the late 80's through 2000's.

Check the salvage yards.

I'm jealous . . . to be putting paint on my car . . . ( sigh ) . . . someday . . .

Looking good ! ! ! Keep up the good work and post lots of pictures . . .

Added a little thermal/sound blanketing.

IMG_4492.JPG

Wiper system & heater box back in. Good to get these parts off the floor and back where they belong!
IMG_4493.JPG
IMG_4494.JPG

Trying to remember how the brake brackets go back in...after a year is fun.

IMG_4500.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG
IMG_4495.JPG
IMG_4497.JPG

Added a little thermal/sound blanketing.

Trying to remember how the brake brackets go back in...after a year is fun.

I had pictures and still needed someone here with their dash out to take more :)

I had pictures and still needed someone here with their dash out to take more :)

Yeah I know what you mean Jim. I took lots of pictures and bagged/tagged parts & bolts, but it always seems like the pics are missing certain angles or the tagging wasn't quite detailed enough! I still like this part more than all the repair work though...

Looking good! If you need assembled pictures of the brackets I could get some from my 62.

In goes the dash and time to get that windshield back in. I've been dreading this since I removed it last year!

IMG_4501.JPG

Cleaning up for the gasket.

IMG_4503.JPG

test fitting the gasket. looks like a good fit.

IMG_4507.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back