• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carpet

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
Who is the go-to company these days to get molded carpets from. The ACC carpet I just received has the heel pad in the wrong location.

:jackoff:

That’s unusual,
how so is it out?

im sure they’d make you another no problem if they effed it up?

ACC and ordered via Rock Auto for the lowest price. ACC is very easy to get in touch with if/when there's a problem.

Here's where the gas pedal is placed on the factory B-body carpets....

IMG_4009.jpg

However, when I lay the ACC carpet in place, the heel pad will be in this location.....

1654005122049.png

As long as it matches the drapes?

There's one other place IIRC, since Trim Parts got bought out by ACC.

If only I could remember the name.

Something like stock interiors?.....pro-fit?......

grrrrr.

Last edited:
When I install carpet, I cut the hole in the heel pad and work everything else from there. I have came up short on the drivers side before, but now try to order with extra width.

I have bought my last 2 ACC carpets from Rock Auto and the gas pedal on both have ended up on the rubber part like in the pic of your black one.

When I install carpet, I cut the hole in the heel pad and work everything else from there. I have came up short on the drivers side before, but now try to order with extra width.

That's what I did, but there's no way it will line up with the factory holes in the floor. The carpet is tight into the 4-speed hump. It looks like the heel pad has to go 1" to the right & 2 1/2" up towards the firewall.

That's what I did, but there's no way it will line up with the factory holes in the floor. The carpet is tight into the 4-speed hump. It looks like the heel pad has to go 1" to the right & 2 1/2" up towards the firewall.
Just get rid of the 4 speed, change it to automatic.
No big deal.
Sorry I don't have a good one with the gas pedal installed.
1654018553884.png

Last edited:
And I thought for a moment that this thread was started in the wrong place.....

If you have a four speed without a console to hide the hole, you're limited to how much you can adjust the carpet.

I split the difference...
20220531_134545.jpg

If you get their floor mats, which I think are nice and not too expensive, no one will see the location of the pedal.
20220531_134724.jpg

ACC is the only one out there. Everyone is just handling them and most of the time they will drop ship them from ACC. Buying direct from ACC normally cost more. The other thing you take a chance on is if the carpet has been stored in a box for the last ten years like mine was. It was all folded and creased. The date is on the box.

Post in thread 'Taking Up New Residence' https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/taking-up-new-residence.114133/post-910908987

I don’t think anyone makes them with a cutout like that. You’ll have to settle for the version you have.
as dadsbee says too I think ACC is really the only one out there. Rock auto being the cheapest retailer.

After cutting out the heel pad to match the factory carpet, this is where the gas pedal lands in the factory holes…..

D5E4DDAF-D6B6-4972-83FD-8426D9FC4EA2.jpeg

ACC can't find my shipping order & I'm waiting for an email from them so I can send a picture of the shipping label. :jackoff:

After cutting out the heel pad to match the factory carpet, this is where the gas pedal lands in the factory holes…..

View attachment 1292272

Looks good to me. Most post I've seen on here about this very subject it doesn't always work out there. I cut the jute out also so it has a solid seat for the pedal.

Well nothing has changed then in 32 years. Right where my pedal is in both the Bee and the Bird. Bee installed in '88 Bird '90.

Auto Transport Service
Back