• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carpet

I'm pretty sure mine was real close to that.

That's what I did, but there's no way it will line up with the factory holes in the floor. The carpet is tight into the 4-speed hump. It looks like the heel pad has to go 1" to the right & 2 1/2" up towards the firewall.
It may have been placed wrong. I just got a carpet kit from Stock Interiors, but have not put it in the car yet. Hopefully I can get the paint finished and then try it.

After cutting out the heel pad to match the factory carpet, this is where the gas pedal lands in the factory holes…..

View attachment 1292272

ACC can't find my shipping order & I'm waiting for an email from them so I can send a picture of the shipping label. :jackoff:
Oh man, you're going to lose points at a parking lot car show!! :lol:

I just sent ACC a bunch of pictures, including this one. You can see the bottom of the white foam gasket accelerator pedal gasket in the picture. We'll see what they have to say and if need be, I'll send them the original carpet and tell them to locate the heel pad just like that.

IMG_4026.jpg

That sucks. I guess I will place mine and see where it lands. Mine is a 4 speed too. I will send it back if it's wrong.

I had the same problem with a ACC carpet in a 65 Dart a couple of years ago. I sent them pictures and they sent me a corrected carpet. They were excellent at making it right. I hope they treat you the same.

I recall reading about the heel pad in one of the magazines a few years back. Maybe check the box date. They should make it right if you didn't trim or cut the carpet yet.

Here's where the gas pedal is placed on the factory B-body carpets....

View attachment 1292205

However, when I lay the ACC carpet in place, the heel pad will be in this location.....

View attachment 1292206
Here is a jan 7 2018 ACC thru rockauto carpet. It looks right and has the extra on the edges, was fresh and had zero tough to get out folds, the jute was out of place but that is minor.

2018 Acc carpet, so it looks like they used to get it right.

20220531_233143.jpg

20220531_232948.jpg

20220531_233224.jpg

Last edited:
For a while ACC carpet was notorious for fitting loose on the tunnel.
So bad that long sags would develop particularly on the driver's side of an automatic hump..
That (pardon the pun) fits with stretching it tight on the hump and in doing so, pulling the heel pad out of spec to the rear.

Auto Transport Service
Back