• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carpet

Carpet.....​

I prefer shaved; but if not, it should always be neatly trimmed and most importantly match the drapes
We have been working with ACC carpet for a number of years in offering their product line to our customers and vendors. One thing that we do is that all of our carpet sets are left "untrimmed" along the sides and the top of the carpet. It is a bit more work to trim the carpet, but these extra couple of inches gives you the ability to position the carpet to best fit the profile of the floor pan and place the heel pad in the correct position. If you start to think about how much material they save just by being able to save two inches off of each side and the top, then they are well ahead at the end of the day.

Don from ACC will be actually at Carlisle with us on Wednesday, Thursday and early Friday morning. They have been gracious enough to give me a number of hats and a gift certificate for the FBBO tent activities for that weekend.

Roger from ACC was important in getting the rubber mats available for our cars and Don helped in putting in place the trunk mats for the early B-Body applications. Most of their service reps who actually come out and visit with the vendors are true car guys and that really helps in getting a problem resolved or getting product developed.

Mine must’ve been cut off, the previous owner installed orange shag carpeting. He last drove it in the 70s. The carpeting smells like an ashtray.
I gave my neighbor lady a ride to the Airport the other day.... Thats what she smelled like.... It was pretty bad, and I used to smoke years ago.......

My ACC 69 trunk mat was cut in way wrong. Gave me BS when I returned it. Would not honor their return policy. REM fit much better. ACC SUX. Perfect together.

I did get a response & they acknowledged putting the heel pad in the correct location for future reference. I know that I paid more going directly from them, but had I gone through one of their vendors, I most likely wouldn't have gotten as good direct service.

I can comfirm they still aren't putting it in the correct spot. I guess it depends on luck. I'm on my second ACC carpet from rockauto (67 b body 4 speed, black, mass backing). The first was a total disaster. The second carpet is better but the heel pad is probably 2 1/2 - 3 inches too far to the right and maybe an inch or so too far forward compared to your pics above. It's molded nicely and fits all the countours great. Just the damn heel pad is out of place. Comtemplating whether to just live with it or ask for another. It's frustrating.

The pic below is the first one i received where the heel pad is so far left it curls up the side of the floorpan. The second one is better but still placed too far to the left.

footpad.jpg

I can comfirm they still aren't putting it in the correct spot. I guess it depends on luck. I'm on my second ACC carpet from rockauto (67 b body 4 speed, black, mass backing). The first was a total disaster. The second carpet is better but the heel pad is probably 2 1/2 - 3 inches too far to the right and maybe an inch or so too far forward compared to your pics above. It's molded nicely and fits all the countours great. Just the damn heel pad is out of place. Comtemplating whether to just live with it or ask for another. It's frustrating.

The pic below is the first one i received where the heel pad is so far left it curls up the side of the floorpan. The second one is better but still placed too far to the left.

View attachment 1647791

Ugh.

Auto Transport Service
Back