• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

electronic voltage reg

sonny martin

Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
haven't been on in a while changed my 65 coronet(440 6 pack) to msd ready to run distributor.. looking to change voltage reg to classic indutries electronic regulator . same design as oem. question can i leave current alternator. alone thanks

If what you you are referring to is the 70 and up electronic regulator, then it will not play nice with a single field wire alternator, which would be stock on your car. If you do have the single wire type then I would use an electronic regulator that is designed for that purpose(aftermarket). They look sort of stock and screw right in.

Wanted to get away from ecu and ballast resisters. Went with msd distributor and changed weights and springs to have advance kick in sooner. articles suggest changing mechanical voltage regulator to electronic wasn't sure about alternator.

Auto Transport Service
Back