• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi everyone. Tks for this oportunity to get help for a Valliant 64 carburetor

babu

Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Tks for this oportunity to get help for a Valliant 64 carburetor fuel leak. Not easy in my country to have help. Any help is welcome.
I m from Portugal, Porto. U can call me Babu

1713455767682.png

Welcome! Start a thread with pics !

Hello babu, welcome! Which size engine is in your Valiant?
Is 6 Cylinders. As far as I know, Americans car with 8 cylinders would not be allowed in Europe and they changed it to 6 but that was what the previous owner told me.

Last edited:
So I'll guess you have the big 225 cubic inch slant six, and not the 170. :) So, is it a Holley 1920 or Carter BBS carb on there?
The majority of Valiants over here also had the six cylinder engine even when the V8 became an option.

So I'll guess you have the big 225 cubic inch slant six, and not the 170. :) So, is it a Holley 1920 or Carter BBS carb on there?
The majority of Valiants over here also had the six cylinder engine even when the V8 became an option.
That is the problem. I don't know. On the carb apears 6-1976, the rest I've been looking on the internet for what I can find or understand about it
I will have more info on saturday, because is when i go to coutry house and he is there.

I have a 64 Dart and it doesn't have the Holley carb.....so far I haven't checked to see what engine is in the car but it's a 6. And welcome to the site!

Welcome to FBBO

Welcome from Alabama, looks like you have have already found a solution for your carburetor problem.

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. There are many of your homies in this area.

69367779715__19D7F655-C599-4132-BA93-BE4E3E954010.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back