• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hot August Nights Reno/Sparks Nevada Aug 7-12-2018.

A&W Finale. Did see moparmarks. Wilmacmike and Wagonman could not make it.

IMG_1610.JPG IMG_1611.JPG IMG_1613.JPG IMG_1615.JPG IMG_1616.JPG IMG_1618.JPG IMG_1619.JPG IMG_1620.JPG IMG_1622.JPG IMG_1623.JPG

On the A&W get together: its always good to see that sweet one owner green Wing Car, but can you imagine trailering it all over the Western United States? Then you get to Reno, and it has to be trailered to Plumb and Kietzke. Four people got in to drive it about 300 feet to the trailer. Too much work. Car never warms up.

IMG_1616.JPG

What the hell is this stuff in th Sands Parking lot. Looks like Chinese New Year.

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1632.JPG
IMG_1631.JPG
IMG_1627.JPG
Ride home. Jesus Chrysler! The traffic. 205 from 99 to the 680 was packed. Thats a 30 mile stretch. 29 mph average with some total stops and a short blitz or two. Middlepicture. Bottom is 395 betwee Reno and Carson City.

Last edited:
IMG_1758.jpg
No more Reno till this is installed. 4200 feet, 99 degrees, and smoke as a bonus. Geez.

IMG_1764.jpg
No picture, but a guy staying at the Hotel bought a rotisserie 68 Charger R/T Clone for a hammer price $47K. Another $9k in fees,taxes, or whatever. Beautiful car. Red, white vinyl, factory ac car with components in trunk. Says it was in the consignment. This one. Says orange. Looked red to me.

WEll, I wish that I could say that my visit to Reno was a fun one, but....
It was warmer than I'd like. TWO of the guys I had planned to see left early. The swap meet was moved and by the time I got to the alternate location, they were "closing up" at the time I rolled in. The Wife doesn't take the heat well. I can't have a good time if I think that she is not feeling well.

WEll, I wish that I could say that my visit to Reno was a fun one, but....
It was warmer than I'd like. TWO of the guys I had planned to see left early. The swap meet was moved and by the time I got to the alternate location, they were "closing up" at the time I rolled in. The Wife doesn't take the heat well. I can't have a good time if I think that she is not feeling well.
Linda got on a Southwest Jet to San Jose on Friday due to air quality. 45 minute fight.
Gave me an opportunity to evaluate the Hotchkis suspension upgrades and get use out of the spacer you gave me on 88/Carson Pass on the way home without the screaming.

530 miles trip total. Reno has better water than San Jose. Tastes good out of the tap, and great volume. Shower here seemed like a trickle by conparison.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed you guys at A&W had a long conversation with Mr. Tequilla and he told me not to drive. Thanks for the T-shirt Dennis. Yeah it was fairly hot on the GSR tarmac like 102. Was talking with a guy who stayed at the Peppermill, and he had a reserved spot with a tent/awning. Thats the way to go IMO. Cruise all night and come home with no parking hassels. Will have to look in to it for next year. Also an electric fan for the beasts, 220 in traffic kinda makes me pucker.

Thanks for sharing got to see two shows this weekend from all you guys that posted and still mowed my grass.I can't thank you enough for sharing pics. Both the nats and reno on my bucket list maybe next year.

I too have to apologize for not making it to A&W on Friday night. Sorry I missed you guys and all of the great Mopar's. Thanks for the phone call Dennis.

We had a major breakdown on our production line at work, and because my other maintenance tech was on vacation, I had to stay Friday night and re-weld our huge steam coils. Lucky me.

I'm glad you all had a good time in-spite of the heat and California's smoke.

Keep on Moparing, and God Bless America

Mike

Got back home last night. They closed US-6 between I-15 and I-70 on our way home yesterday due to the fire up there. Had to take a 2 hour detour on top of the normal 12 drive home. Man the country is filled with smoke with fires everywhere, not just in CA. Had an awesome time and really hope to drive the Dart out there next year.

Great reading guys,
6 car nuts coming from Down under next year, for a cross USA car show run over 3 weeks, Hot Summer nights is on the hit list and looks great, hopefully get to meet some of you next August.

Auto Transport Service
Back