• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

just found serious rust on my front frame rails

following 5 months back in the paint shop old Rusty is back in my garage. Custom Car Restorations stepped up and made things right. The 5 months gave me time to finish my garage. Stuff happens and great shops make it right. Now its time for reassembly and I've determined that finding the right bold and one that looks good is the biggest challenge.

bumper.jpg IMG_1682.jpg

note to self.......take better notes and more pictures next time. The reassembly is coming along and I'm spending most of my time finding the correct bolts. I have the Body Manual, parts manual and chassis service manuals and still need information. It appears that I'm missing a bracket that holds the rear upper interior panels by the read quarter glass. the same brackets for the upper door panels are listed on P23-74 of the parts manual (bracket 23-11-29). P. 23-77 has the exploded view of the quarter inside panel but it is missing the bracket that holds the top panel by the glass. the mystery bracket might be shown on P. 23-21 but there is only a pic and it's not clear if that is what I need. I installed the front top bracket but it appears that there should be a rear bracket too. Any help will be greatly appreciated

IMG_1928(1).jpg IMG_1925(1).jpg IMG_1924.jpg IMG_1922(1).jpg IMG_1921.jpg

I am doing the exact same thing right now. It's a plate with a screw in it. I may have 2 extra ones from a 73 that you can have but I will have to make sure it's they are the same. You can see how they go in the pictures below:
20180729_163453.jpg
20180715_134535.jpg

Started for the first time on Thanksgiving and took the first road test on December 31st and all is well. The to do list is getting very short. Next I need to figure out the air filter clearance issue. This was my first attempt but unfortunately won’t be my last.

A452D9C2-3221-47F9-B675-A697E959974C.jpeg

The car looks really nice!
You should be proud of your efforts. They certainly paid off.

If it's not done right you'll think about it every
time you look at it.

Auto Transport Service
Back