• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kinda new guy

XCAV8R

Local time
2:55 AM
Reaction score
Been lurking around here for awhile but am resurrecting a project I had put on hold for awhile so may be seeking input/advice with it. I saw on another post where someone was asking questions and got told to come to this forum and introduce himself so I thought I would do the same.

I'm nearly 60, have had a lot of cars of all makes, done a little drag racing and a lot of off roading in my life. My first Mopar was a 63 Polara with a 68 Road Runner 383 in it. Year was 1970 and I sure wish I still had it.

Current project I am pulling out of mothballs is a 66 Hemi Satellite. Was a very good body which has been redone on a rotisserie, the trans and radiator have been gone through and the engine has been built and run in on the dyno. Built using a date code correct block to factory specs but I put a Mancini intake and carbs with a electronic distributor for ease of operation. I am getting ready to install the engine, trans etc but still have a few parts to get first. Am in the process of ordering them now.

Sorry no pics right now as my computer crashed hard awhile back and I am trying to source pics from the restoration shop that did the body work.

Anyway, I am going to have some hemi parts for sale and will be wanting to buy some loose end type stuff to finish this project up so I thought I should post something about myself here.

Welcome - sounds like a great project.

Hi XCAV8R, welcome to the forum. Interesting name, is that your trade?

Looking forward to seeing your Satellite!

Hi XCAV8R, welcome to the forum. Interesting name, is that your trade?

Looking forward to seeing your Satellite!

Yeah, I was an excavating contractor for 40 years. Sold out in early 2010

well I guess I am not the only mopar gear head in my 60s. currently working on 68 gtx conv and currently drive my one owner 71 charger se 440. glad to hear of other old guys. live in Georgia and am looking fwd to mopar show at year one on sept 14. contact me back here or e mail [email protected]

welcome to FBBO

Auto Transport Service
Back