• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

metal hood scoop

mzizzi

Local time
6:19 AM
Reaction score
Long story short after a year of trying I have given up on a bolt on fiber glass hood, it would seem no one can make one that can handle any kind of heat or be even remotely close with their design to something that would actually fit a car. So I'm now trying to find if, they even exist, a metal six pack hood. I do realize that only a fool believes that there were any metal ones made, what I am therefore more interested in is if someone has made a steel version of the six pack hood scoop. I can get a metal coronet bulge-less hood and then graft the scoop onto the hood (preferably spot weld). I am leaning very far away from the fiber glass ones made that bolt on simply because, they are bolt on and fiber glass. I need to be able to put body work and paint on this hood without it shifting and cracking any bonds or paint from heat or vibration. If anyone here has even heard of a steel hood scoop, in the six pack 1969 coronet superbee A12 style, please let me know. I really don't want to have to make one myself from scratch.

i also have been looking for a steel hood scoop but Hemi style, and they run From $1200.00~$1500.00 custom made, they take about three weeks to have them made, and so far i've found these guys are making them from home and seem to do a Great job from the pics that i've received,

i also have been looking for a steel hood scoop but Hemi style, and they run From $1200.00~$1500.00 custom made, they take about three weeks to have them made, and so far i've found these guys are making them from home and seem to do a Great job from the pics that i've received,
And who might these people be , or is it private info.

A guy by the name of Joey AKA the Tyn Man in Michigan made my "Early Style" 63-65 hood scoop.
Look him up...

Joey Cole AKA "The Tynnman"

Yuup thats him ! heres pics he sent, there's another guy named Domingo he's out of the country, othere's have used him and say he does nice work, but U.S.A hands for me ! OH, this month's issue "HOT RODDING" Not (Hot Rod) magazine "The Tynnman" is featurd for 68 Dart Steel Hood Scoop he built ! ! suuuper nice work,

Attachments

• hemi hhod scoop 5.jpg
    hemi hhod scoop 5.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,947
  • hemi hood scoop 4.jpg
    hemi hood scoop 4.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,419
  • hemi hhod scoop 1.jpg
    hemi hhod scoop 1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 998
  • hemi hood scoop 3.jpg
    hemi hood scoop 3.jpg