• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Bullitt build

Not much to look yet the CF is all sealed up, vacuumed bagged and going in the oven for the next 24 hours At about 140°
Thanks
Pat

image_zpssat4ph0c.jpg

image_zps4pytlwwu.jpg

Cool idea, I just left mine out since I couldn't find much use for it.

Yes no need for it if you're not using the bumper guards.
Thanks
Pat

So that's what it's for! Yeap, I didn't use the guards so that's likely why I couldn't make any sense of its purpose.

Boxed in the upper core support, amazing how much strongerit is now. I think I could pick the car up from it! I will use it run and hidethe wires for the fans, horns, AC, andlights.
Thanks
Pat

image_zpszy7ct5tr.jpg

image_zpszk3vuyhw.jpg

IMG_9237_zps8crjkfco.jpg

Made tool to roll the top edge of the core support right at1”

IMG_9219_zps5krgmeon.jpg

IMG_9242_zpsridj4uyv.jpg

IMG_9252_zps02q2agan.jpg

IMG_9247_zpstaxnodao.jpg

IMG_9259_zpszzrjrsgb.jpg

IMG_9287_zpsxjf07bj7.jpg

IMG_9264_zpsqcr4siib.jpg

IMG_9284_zpsygyyw4z6.jpg

That looks great, and what a good idea, never seen that before.

I did the same on my 64 Polara......amazing how much stiffer that piece of metal makes the support!

i am gonna do the same, thanks for posting. you did a real nice job.

That looks great, and what a good idea, never seen that before.

I've seen it done on a few mopar and it makes it stronger!
Thanks

Pat

- - - Updated - - -

I did the same on my 64 Polara......amazing how much stiffer that piece of metal makes the support!

Yes it is a great stiffener, I'm surprised US Car Tool doesn't make the part as I think it would sell.
Thanks

Pat

- - - Updated - - -

i am gonna do the same, thanks for posting. you did a real nice job.

It would be a good add-on to your cool RR project!
Thanks
Pat

I've seen it done on a few mopar and it makes it stronger!
Thanks

Pat

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is a great stiffener, I'm surprised US Car Tool doesn't make the part as I think it would sell.
Thanks

Pat

- - - Updated - - -

It would be a good add-on to your cool RR project!
Thanks
Pat

Drop Chris @ US Car Tool a line and make the suggestion!!!

Gary

Received my restored dash and instrument panel from Auto instruments very happy with their workmanship and the re-plastic plating.
Thanks
Pat

image_zpsszmew3el.jpg

image_zpsixvmx6kx.jpg

image_zpszmgze0qc.jpg

image_zps1ub2n12w.jpg

Man did they do a nice job on that, looks better than new. I love the boxed core support and your right about the wiring, perfect place for it. This is one of the things I regret not doing but is on the list whenever I do any bodywork in that area. Great job

Removed all the paint and carpet glue from the floor, nextis the inside of the firewall (fun!)
Thanks
Pat

IMG_9318_zpsfzepgwwu.jpg

IMG_9322_zpspdjjlvay.jpg

After a few failed attempts we finally came up with the correct formula to make the bumper guard crossmember. We were having problems with the carbon fiber bunching up on top of the mold when in the vacuum bag. The carbon fiber on the mold side look excellent so we decided to hand lay a final layer of carbon fiber on the top side after it was removed from the mold. I'm not sure if I'm going to go with the carbon fiber look or if I'm going to end up painting it black so it would be undetectable. The steel crossmember is about 6 pounds and I ended up with the carbon fiber weighing in at 1 lb. 4 oz.
Thanks
Pat

IMG_9348_zpsyz5kbftn.jpg

IMG_9341_zps2ayxqyqv.jpg

IMG_9352_zpshi7hanmu.jpg

IMG_9356_zpsi2uyiz5c.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back