• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1968 Charger R/T resto thread.

In Carlisle now. Found damn near everything I needed. Including a AM/FM thumb wheel radio, for a price that shows the owner had no idea what he had. :)

I also got to see that gorgeous 68 Road Runner from a member on here (68chicken I believe). Unfortunately, no one was around the car. So, I'll try to meet him tomorrow. :toothy10:

Hey Envy, Sorry I missed ya. I spent a lot of time over in the swap area at MOPARMARKS spot. Desert Metal. He was kind enough to let me use a small area of his spot to sell stuff from a parts car. Awesome show though. Lots of great people and great Mopars!!!

Heading to soda blaster! My youngest was there helping me the whole way! Lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 432
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 434
Great idea on having the kid help. I can imagine he's bouncing around the shop like a pin ball, all jacked up on Code Red Mountain Dew.

Great to have the kids pitch in, he'll remember it when he's old enough to drive haha. Can't wait to see what is uncovered "hopefully no surprises".

Blasted her down today. For the first time EVER on a car older than 10 years old, we found no putty (new fender), no holes, and not one surprise. Right now I feel like I'm FLOATING!!! I will post pictures sometime over the weekend. Seriously a happy man right now.

Good feeling to have knowing you don't have any extra body work to do. Hope everything else goes as smooth.

Blasted her down today. For the first time EVER on a car older than 10 years old, we found no putty (new fender), no holes, and not one surprise. Right now I feel like I'm FLOATING!!! I will post pictures sometime over the weekend. Seriously a happy man right now.

that's great to hear...

Wow that's pretty incredible, with that kinda luck you better go buy a lottery ticket :icon_thumleft:

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to replace the passenger side door skin. Just too many creases. Just can't get it straight. May do both skins. :-/ I guess I shouldn't complain, but I really wanted to keep as much original steel as I could.

Well with all that luck being rust free, it couldn't have been that easy, the car gods had to throw you a curve ball. :icon_blackeye:

That's a bummer though, how hard is it to replace a door skin? And any pics of your doors after media blasting?

I know a fellow who is going to SELL his 68 charger. It is NOT numbers matching, but it has a really nice 440/500 stroker motor that runs 11.57's at 116/117 with 3.23 gears and an automatic. It looks like it has factory paint on it or a REALLY OLD paint job that is Dark Green color. He is going to sell it in Sept for somewhere around 20-25 grand.
I copied his motor in my 69 charger as it runs so sweet. It idles at 800 with 14 inches of vacuum. It has the eagle 4.15 crank, eagle rods, Mahle brand pistons with the ceramic coated top and molydisulfide coated skirts, Lunati voodoo cam that is 530/513 lift, edelbrock heads and intake. He has an 800 or 850 double pumper holley on his. (I had one but mine ALWAYS leaked so I have a thunder series edelbrock now). I can't remember the size of his headers.
Bob

I am mopar lover and have a 69 charger and dodge Daytona clone....with that said....I have a friend that has a 68 charger hemi orange in color and people's always say is that the general ...you should put a 01 on it....the dukes took the best color and just labeled ever orange car a general...but then again follow your dreams..that's what it's all about...

love the '68 Chargers. sure miss mine. hope to see you's out.

Well, I am sorry I have been so busy. So here is what I have been up to. :)

- - - Updated - - -

And a nice mild rebuild. .040 over, port and polished the 84cc, 906 heads. Mild cam, 240 intake, 182 exhaust valves etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow... This forum is so hard to navigate from a phone. The two engine pics were supposed to be in a completely different reply. Kinda like a before and during (cause it isn't completely put back together yet) pics. Oh well. You get the idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice car! Did you pull the glass before soda blasting?
The only glass left in the car was the windshield.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 246
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 248
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg