• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 66 Satellite street car project

Thanks Malex, You know what would be awesome…. Actually driving it this year. Last year was a bust, this year looking much brighter.

Driver side done. I was going to go all the way around to the bottom but with the K Member still in the car and headers in the way this option I think works. A little clean up with Roll-Lock disc and going to paint it.

IMG_2491.jpeg

Thought I was installing motor this week but just noticed the surface rust on the less then a year old TTI headers. They are under warranty but TTI wants me to ship back for strip and recoat. Problem is 5 weeks turn around. This car ran for about an hour on these. Sat in my trailer for 9 months. Ridiculous!

IMG_2499.jpeg

IMG_2500.jpeg

I wouldn’t have expected that. I just crawled under my one car that spent the winter in a trailer, no surface rust to that extent, although mine sure do need a good polishing.
So are they going back for re-coat?

I wouldn’t have expected that. I just crawled under my one car that spent the winter in a trailer, no surface rust to that extent, although mine sure do need a good polishing.
So are they going back for re-coat?
Yep strip and recoat. They did warranty them without even seeing pictures, and they did pay to send back (sent a label) but still now I have to find a box, package, bring to UPS, and wait 5 weeks. UGGG cant win.

You can see the feeler guage in the port in the one pic. Only the upper half is not touching. I would think that adding thicker gaskets would move the entire intake up but i don’t believe it would change the angle.

IMG_2569.jpeg

IMG_2564.jpeg

IMG_2565.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back