• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 69 roadrunner tribute

Nsane

Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
Here is my 69 RR tribute. It started life as a sport satlite and the previous owner had re done it as a RR. When i got it all that was there is a bare primered body. I have a 71 440 in it mild build 390hp. 727 with shift kit and 3000 stall. I have since gone over most of the body reprimed and painted. ordered most of the ruber and seals for the front half of the car and am in the process of putting it together. Had the motor running for the first time in the car on monday. Hopefully by next summer it will be done enough to cruise to the mopars in the park show in MN.

Attachments

• 10-19 044 (Medium).jpg
    10-19 044 (Medium).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,047
  • 10-19 045 (Medium).jpg
    10-19 045 (Medium).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 955
  • 11-2 032 (Medium).jpg
    11-2 032 (Medium).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 976
  • 11-2 033 (Medium).jpg
    11-2 033 (Medium).jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 944
Just a few more recent pics. Will up date as i get new pics and more progress.

Attachments

• krissys phone 080 (Medium).jpg
    krissys phone 080 (Medium).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 916
  • june 018 (Medium).jpg
    june 018 (Medium).jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 890
  • jj 002 (Medium).jpg
    jj 002 (Medium).jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 901
  • 11-2 020 (Medium).jpg
    11-2 020 (Medium).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 876
  • 11-2 019 (Medium).jpg
    11-2 019 (Medium).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 886
Car looks great, you will have something to be proud of when completed. Just curious what is the piece thay looks like a weight on the tailshaft of the tranny? Mine has the same thing and never knew what it was...Anybody know. Have fun with your project.

Sure is a nice car! Thats the first time i ever seen a lift like that, i guess i need to get out more.. pretty neat. Good luck with the car.

Very nice looking! :headbang:

Where in Wisconsin are you located?

Thanks it should be a fun car when done. I am from ellsworth. the photo in your signature looks like rock falls?

Progress although slow is still progress. hope to finish the front minus the bumper tonight.

Attachments

• P8090152 (Small).JPG
    P8090152 (Small).JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 727
  • P8090149 (Small).JPG
    P8090149 (Small).JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 758
So havent had much time lately but did tear apart the 68 sport sat grill that came with the car. I like that grill and it is the one that fits the car. I have a 69 rr grill but will not fit unless i change the lock support over. the car came with another grille that appears to be a furry II grille? I bought this as a basket case an assymbled body with everything else in boxes. My sport sat grill was in ok shape with the exception of the upper and lower bars I think i found the last set of repos of those! Finished up most of the front wiring and started to install the booster and master with my oldest son last night hopefully finish tonight. Here are a few of the in progress of cleaning up the grille.

Attachments

• Roadrunner 002 (Small).jpg
    Roadrunner 002 (Small).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 691
  • Roadrunner 003 (Small).jpg
    Roadrunner 003 (Small).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 705
  • Roadrunner 010 (Small).jpg
    Roadrunner 010 (Small).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 674
  • Roadrunner 009 (Small).jpg
    Roadrunner 009 (Small).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 660
  • road (1) (Small).jpg
    road (1) (Small).jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 683
looks great.. you are going to be itchin to get her out this winter... love the blue I'm a satellite owner as well...love buildin'em to run and have fun:headbang:

Still plugging away!

I haven't even touched the car for a while but i have to get back at it. My goal is driveable by next summer but life keeps getting in the way. motor is prety much done all wired up and i have had it running a couple times. Working on the dash now so i can get the windshield installed. started putting the door back together all at an hour here half hour there. Will get a few pucks up soon. I have a question reguarding the vapor seperator and return line that seams to be stock. I do not have any of the orignal lines and am not running stock carbaration do i need it i am getting mixed reports. i have never run one on any other car i have built but that is mostly jeeps and Non mopar cars? Thanks in advance.

X 2 and that sinister black grill going to look great!

Nice car! Thanks for sharing! Are you rebuilding the entire electrical system?

Yes the electrical system is all new. This is by no means an orignal car so it got a brand new A/M harness high output altrenator. I have a/m gages for the oil, water, volts still trying to deciede what to do as far as factory cluster it is in good shape but the only thing i would use from it would be speedo and gas gauge not worth the money to send it out and get all the gauges rebuilt I dont think?

Auto Transport Service
Back