• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 70 barn find

1110162002.jpg
1110162003.jpg
1110162004.jpg
1110162006.jpg
well we got the dash and gauges out, interior is out, got almost all the glass out, hood, and getting all the trim off.

hard at it cause the scowl is scheduled to go to the dipper next weekend got most of her dismantled today. all wiring out and brake lines out, over next few days dropping the drive train and off she goes. don't know exactly what the turn around is but it will probably be around 4 weeks. on the dismantling my buddy found a half of a baseball bat in the rear quarter window. lol.
1112161335_1478994584627.jpg
1112161335a_1478994584988.jpg
1112161337_1478994584871.jpg
1112161312_1478994584454.jpg

20119.jpeg
put in some cross bracing in, this should hold everything together. got the doors off they look like they should be in good shape. when we took the glass out front and rear the frame work looks to be in real good shape no holes or rust at all. everything behind the rear wheel thou is pretty much gone. we have all the metal for it. loading the old girl up fri for her bath.

great update USA RR - glad to see that you're making progress on it and can't wait to see what it looks like when it comes back from the Little Dipper, or is that the Big Dipper

well my buddy kicked it in hyper-drive and it is ready for the bath tomorrow morning. loaded it up on the trailer and the mega cab cummings is gonna be hammer down. i had to take the day off for this. I'm like a 7 year old on xmas day. lmao
1117161607.jpg

well the scowl is dropped off, this place is swamped full of work. had some off brands and some cool old trucks. the bad thing is i don't think I'm getting it back until jan. first pick is the scowl and the 2nd pic is a 69 camaro after the dip process. looks like new. looks like i have some time to buy some more goodies.
20161118_093524.jpg
20161118_101005.jpg

by the way, does anyone know who makes the best or really good billet hood hinges. thanks guys. usarr

by the way, does anyone know who makes the best or really good billet hood hinges. thanks guys. usarr

Eddie Motorsports or Ringbrothers. Eddies are slightly cheaper and both can be found on Summit. I bought Ringbrothers only because I was ordering their hood pins at the same time

How do they follow up the dipping process? Rust preventatives or something?

How do they follow up the dipping process? Rust preventatives or something?

this is what they told me hemi, whatever chemical they use does not do anything to good metal, it goes after the rust, seam sealer, undercoating. it stays in the tank for 7 days, they pull the car on day 3 and 5 to check on the process. after the bath it gets a rinse bath then they dip it or spray it with a light coating to somewhat protect it. then we go pick it up and my body guy does all of his work. then it goes back up to get dipped again to get rid of any flash rusting. then for another fee they take it somewhere else to get dipped in e-coat. which covers every nook an cranny. I'm getting all this done for less than 3k. i saw some of the cars that were up there and it is flat out incredible. now i will have a car 100% rust free.

Awesome! Must be weird to see your car in the air lol!

your not kidding 69bird, i know we have it all braced but I'm hoping she all holds together until we get all the new metal on her. i bought the reinforcement kit from us car tool to strengthen her up plus a halo roll bar. thanks 69

your not kidding 69bird, i know we have it all braced but I'm hoping she all holds together until we get all the new metal on her. i bought the reinforcement kit from us car tool to strengthen her up plus a halo roll bar. thanks 69
Nice going dude, bet it does feel good.. Are you putting in a roll cage or a roll bar?

i can't believe i ordered all these parts on sunday, and got most of them on tue and the rest of them on friday. pretty awesome, i got some more reinforcement from us car tool, radiator support and front and rear torque boxes. got my rear tail support panel and extensions. the reinforcement panels are on backorder.i got my AMD door hinges top an bottom, they look real nice.
20161126_111054.jpg
20161126_111103.jpg
20161126_111112.jpg
20161126_111134.jpg
20161126_111125.jpg
I'm going with these door strikers and latches i got from KINGDIGIT, if they put them on there cos its got to be good. sent chris an email from modern muscle about the whipple. just a couple more questions about it and we will get that ordered. 625hp at the crank and guesstimate about 525-540 at the wheels. january is gonna be a long wait.

That whipple is going to make it the Eviler Scowl!

THose kindigit door handles are the goods too! If I end up going to full paint with mine (which I might instead of all the blending) I'd definitely go that route too

Auto Transport Service
Back