• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new 66 Charger

Are you thinking of putting modern air conditioning into your Charger?

The air works, so at this point I am not going to change it. I will probably get it checked to see if it needs a charge, my brother in law still has some R12.

This is the first Charger I ever saw which was light blue. My wife has a light blue Chrysler Crossfire. Guess what I found on the internet searching Charger pictures? The two cars are still 500 kms apart.

Charger and Crossfire.jpg

This is the first Charger I ever saw which was light blue. My wife has a light blue Chrysler Crossfire. Guess what I found on the internet searching Charger pictures? The two cars are still 500 kms apart.

View attachment 961629
I sold the same colour blue white interior 66 back about 1995 or 96. The seats had been reupholstered in genuine white leather. It was a running driver.

A trunk emblem thats a new one and not even the correct engine size.
Sure is in nice shape.

Yeah, once he put the four barrel on, he went crazy with the 383 four barrel emblems. He even put a pie plate, which doesn't really fit, on the stock air cleaner. It will fit the new dual snorkel I have.:lol:

light blue engine.jpg

Well folks, the day has finally arrived. They are supposed to be picking up my Charger around noon today, and with any luck, I will be able to pick it up from the depot tomorrow. I will post pics when it is safe at home in my driveway.

Tomorrow is the Canada Day holiday, so I should have something to celebrate.:canada:

As suggested, I am going to start a new build thread under member restorations as I start working on it.

Well another delay meant I did not pick up the car yesterday, but the good news is that it finally crossed the border into Canada. That is a huge relief!

What a great looking car!!!
I am sorry to hear about ALL the delays you have had with it, I wish you best of luck getting it to its new home, so you can enjoy it!!!

Well, after yet another delay due to a problem with the truck that was delivering the car to the depot, I finally picked it up last night, and it is safely tucked in the garage. Had some more minor issues with the battery and brakes, but solved them and the drive home was uneventful. Damn, that car is a pleasure to cruise in. Making me rethink some of the modifications I was considering. As I mentioned before, I will start a separate restoration thread now.

Charger front.jpg Charger rear.jpg

OH man, NICE!!!
Good for you!!!!
Photos make me miss my 66.

Great to have it home, isn't it? My 67 is one of the best travel cars I've ever owned. I do wish mine had A/C however.
They ride so nice and are just a pleasure to drive.
Good luck with yours ... looks great.

Worked on tidying up a bunch of things last night, and took it over for safety inspection this morning. We'll see what they find.

Safety done, and car finally registered in my name. It's been a long time. Still have to source some brake parts to finish it off.

Charger side shot.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back