• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to vent my mopar family

new R-T 001 [800x600].jpgMetal Bee. easy for me to say, but hang in there. your car is cool and someone want's it! I am very sorry to here you need to sell it. I am one that sees a car for what it is. a nice solid reliable car is fun to own/drive. yours is a nice fun reliable car. I hope you find a buyer! here is one I finally kept instead of cutting up! and thank you for doing the same!! this car I have has saved me a lot of money over the last 6 years of summer driving.

If it were a statin wagon, I would be willing to bet that you could get 4 large for it all day long, but a 4-door sedan is another story.

Parting it out might be your best option; but is there 4,000.00 worth of parts on it?

I know it was a typo, but all of the cars we older guys drive are "Statin" wagons because most of us are on Lipitor ! Haha couldn't resist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm starting to see more 4 doors and Wagons being restored. When I was looking for a project I couldn't afford a 8,000 dollar project. I hear oh it's a 4 door or that thing is rusty. I ignore them Most of the comments I hear though is cool car. My dad had one.
I can't post a picture of my car otherwise I would

It the nature of this game. My 1971 Charger is worth a hell of lot less than a 1970. A six cylinder will be worth a lot less than a big block. The people that are low balling you know the prices in the market. Not being a jerk, it just is what it is. When you put a car out for sale you are inviting offers and opinions. I don't think being a Mopar has anything to do with it.

hope your wife recovers ...WHO CARES WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK WORDS ARE LIKE BULLITS YOU CAN NOT GET THEM BACK once said lifes to short do what makes you happy

From someone who drives a 76 Charger SE I know about not getting much love for a car. But I like to drive oddball cars.
But like you I know its resale value is not that great. Just got to look for a person who is into them. Have you tried to post in on Ebay?
Hope ur wife gets better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im not saying your making this stuff up but its hard for me to believe there are such ******** who would say these kinds of things to you. Then again i don't go to many car shows but when i do go I'm respectful of all the cars and the work owners put into them. When people say negative stuff like this to you it shows what kind of moron low life your dealing with. Tell them keep walking and ignore it

Is it still for sale? How much are you asking. 4 doors are a tough sell, but are usually really solid. If its nice and close to original it does have value. You just need to get the right person. If i had the bucks to start a business doing cars for movies i would buy it. From time to time they need cars for period correct cars for film or tv. I think it would be cool to have a fleet of cars and market them to the film industry. 4 doors can be used as is or made into police cars. As a police car a 4 door may be a bit more interesting too. Just a thought for resale value.

Everybody has given close responses. I have to admit I dont care for 4 door cars. I have two...they are Honda's and "family" cars. I dont think I've EVER told a classic car guy that has one that he has junk or stolen his thunder because his car wasnt a 2 door. But I've owned Chebbies and Fords prior to making over the line to Mopar. My 65 SS was worth 4 times a 65 four door car of the same quality. my 56 Chebbie was worth at minimum twice that of a 4 door 56. I've owned several Mustangs "they didnt MAKE A 4 DOOR"!!! the market just doesnt care ....its just popular opinion. How it happen ....maybe nobody knows. But for me.... I'd say that 2 doors were born in the late 20's and its never changed. the 2 door has always been the "cool" sports car of any brand. Heck even AMC was able to produce a handful of cool 2 door models. Styling is EVERYTHING. Fast forward and now kids have cool little Japanse, Koren, and whatever 4 doors and they love them. But then again they like baggy pants that they have to hold onto the crotch to keep them up too. Its a market.

my car isn't a 4 door, it's 66 charger. I get that it's the ugly charger all the time. While I'd prefer a 68. But, who doesn't? After all the work and money put into it. I don't care what they say. While they will never hit the value of the other year chargers, it's a shame they don't bring better money than they do

As the old saying goes... there's a butt for every seat. It's just that there are a lot more butts that want to get into coupe seats than sedan or wagon seats, so finding them is a lot harder.

The MOPAR crowd is funny. There are 68-70 b-body guys, the 67-earlier guys, the a-body fellas, and then there are the e-body crowd. The funny thing is how little overlap there seems to be.

4-doors rarely get love, but I agree - insulting a guy's car is like kicking his dog.

Last edited:
Son, I say you've got to change your mindset. I too find the mopar snobs a turn-off. While I appreciate the cars, I typically find the owners of the perfect mopar museum pieces to be prissy types similar to the boat snobs, truck snobs, horse snobs, dog snobs and any other hobby where they think the thing they own makes them better than every one else.

If you want to compete with the prissy snobs, you need to pay to play. But why? They are generally prissy snobs who are insecure and basically no fun anyway. One thing in common is that they need attention. Don't fall in that trap. Unfortunately, rare mopars are perfect for the priss who wants to be the center or attention. He'll get it.

My advice: be proud and loud. Do it your way, and if you can't get enjoyment out of your car even if no one else gives you love... find or build a car that gives you that enjoyment.

Its not just mopar guys who are that way. Im also a Ford fan so I hear alot of different statements about cars. At a Ford show I overheard a guy tell someone that his Mercury Cougar was basically worthless and that he wasted his time restoring the car because it was not a Mustang. The car in question was a 302 Boss Eliminator cougar......If that guy thought that car is worthless because it's not a Mustang than he was probably smoking something. Im working on a 74 Roadrunner right now and I dont care what its worth. I think its one of the most underrated body styles of the 70,s

I am a big fan of "More Door" vehicles, I like the look, the practicality and the nostalgia of the cars we rode around in as teens( most everyone's family ride was a four door or wagon). As far as the car show guys are concerned, I usually park my old rides out in the main lot with the rest of the public and let those idiots in the show feast on each other. I never build my cars for anyone but me and don't need the opinion of others to bolster my ego, but it is nice when someone recognizes your work with a thumbs up or "cool car" comment. I hope you can get what you need to cover your bills from the sale of the car, but don't let the haters get you down!

Ive had my 69 coronet 4 door for sale sence April. Its a great car. Starts up quick and drives awesome. And sence April ive got a ton of haters! Telling me that my car is basically worthless because its a 4 door.I sold my 2 door coronet 500 to save this car. I fixed it up, and all im gettting is **** on. My mopar family has been here for me my whole life. But now that i have a 4 door mopar im like a bastard child. Ive put it in mopar shows and got nothing but hate. Im selling this car to help out with my wife. She just had surgery and her and I are out of work for a couple of weeks. So i need some cash. But at this point id reather crush it for a few bucks then $4000 just to spite. Ive always loved the super bees and cudas. But owning this car made me feel like im just some kid on the side lines with a pipe dream, as the big boys drive by.

That sucks the more door cars, don't get much respect for sure
if they don't like it why even comment or call ??

I hope the wife is doing well, "tell her get well soon from all of us here too"

good luck with the sale,
I'm not a big 4 dr fan either, I love old wagons thou...
But I don't knock or demean, insult those people who choose that rout either...

That part is "truly sad", some people are "real pricks" sometimes...

Build it how you like it, drive it like you stole it & damn the rest,
who cares what others think !!

That use to be in my signature & I live by that mantra...

I feel for you brother. I just stopped In at a show as an observer and started talking with a fellow MOPAR man who owns a 69 GTX bought out of a museum. I have a 70 RR. I was told it was a poor man's car, not worth anything w/out the original engine, bottom of the Plymouth line up etc.etc.. Oh, and I would never get my money out of it

anyone who says stuff like this is a myopic collector who doesn't know anything about chryslers other than what is spouted out by the commentators at a Barrett Jackson auction.

Auto Transport Service
Back