• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Owner of 67 R/T Needing Parts

JTRT

Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
Hello!

I just brought home a 1967 Dodge Coronet R/T 440/ 4 Speed car that I had to sell my soul to get. I'm looking for the trim panel that goes between the tail lights and the trim that runs along the bottom of each side of the car.

Thanks!

67RT4.JPG 67RT3.JPG

Cool project

welcome to FBBO from hot, dry & sunny NorCal

Use searchtempest.com and search 1967 Coronet. I remember seeing a few tail panels in the Midwest. Looks like you need a hood scoop too. Edit - never mind, I see the scoop now.

I just picked up my garage/barn find R/T last month too. Sat since 1980.

Welcome! Are three bystanders trying to figure out what you drug home?

Last edited:
Hello!

I just brought home a 1967 Dodge Coronet R/T 440/ 4 Speed car that I had to sell my soul to get. I'm looking for the trim panel that goes between the tail lights and the trim that runs along the bottom of each side of the car.

Thanks!

View attachment 495759 View attachment 495760
If the red is the original color of your car it is the twin to mine. Drivetrain and all. Sorry no extra parts at the moment. Welcome aboard.

I sure appreciate all the hospitality! That trim panel is available through a member of the forum, thanks!
The car was originally white with a copper interior as far as I can tell from the fender tag.

The pictures are from the day I handed the lady the check and finally brought it out of the barn. I pumped all of the old fuel out of the tank Sunday and filled it 1/4 of the way with 85 to flush it. pumped it out and filled it with ethanol free 87, added lead substitute which might have been unnecessary.

Do I need a fuel additive for the 440 that's been sitting for so long? It sounds like the engine was overhauled in 05 but the car hasn't seen much use in 20ish years. I'm going to change the fluids and look the drive train over this week and hopefully take it for a test drive Friday. Here are a few more photos.

67RT8.jpg 67RT9.jpg 67RT11.jpg 67RT12.jpg 67RT15.jpg 67RT16.jpg

It seems like the few 67 R/T's on the internet that have a manual transmission came with a console. I found one that was completely gutted that had this same shifter hump. Does anyone know if my car came this way or is there a console missing?

67RT13.jpg 67RT14.jpg

Welcome from NC. Was the car originally Red to Turbine Bronze? Wash that thing up and post some more pics!

Here's a tail panel for sale from a member on here. Pretty nice one too. If he still has it. You can also use a 500 tail panel as well, you just need the RT insert.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/67-coronet-r-t-parts-i-didnt-use.134006/
Thank you! I got in touch with him, now I've got to save up some cash. I have 10 GM cars and trucks from 65-72 and parts are generally available and affordable. It's incredible the prices vintage Mopar command!

According to the fender tag, it was WW1 White with a copper interior.

If the red is the original color of your car it is the twin to mine. Drivetrain and all. Sorry no extra parts at the moment. Welcome aboard.

That is good to know, I'm curious what your console area looks like. I posted some pics of my car, wondering if it's original. I talked to the local Mopar guru here in town and he says based on the description it has a Dana 60 rear end. I'll clean up the tags and see what the gearing is.

That is good to know, I'm curious what your console area looks like. I posted some pics of my car, wondering if it's original. I talked to the local Mopar guru here in town and he says based on the description it has a Dana 60 rear end. I'll clean up the tags and see what the gearing is.
If it still has the original gears it should be 3.55

It seems like the few 67 R/T's on the internet that have a manual transmission came with a console. I found one that was completely gutted that had this same shifter hump. Does anyone know if my car came this way or is there a console missing?

View attachment 496095 View attachment 496096
Very top line 'a' would be a '6' if it was a console car. No console in that bad boy!

Use mymopar.com to decode your tag.

My car is the same as yours, no console. Mine came that way originally. It came with bucket seats and a small seat between then that was also a fold down arm rest. They called it a buddy seat. If your car is an original 440 4speed and Dana car it probably has the hemi 4 speed, and is one of like around less than 1300 4 speed 440 coronet rt built in 1967. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this. I also have an original shop manual for it if you Need any specs.

Hey if you want a spot on correct 67 rt intake I have one. Also have the correct carb already restored for sale in the mechanical parts for sale section. Carter 4326S.
Dan

Hello!

Thanks!

View attachment 495759 View attachment 495760

Welcome aboard!

Nice R/T you have there!
Classic Industries has the rocker panel moldings you're looking for.

My car is the same as yours, no console. Mine came that way originally. It came with bucket seats and a small seat between then that was also a fold down arm rest. They called it a buddy seat. If your car is an original 440 4speed and Dana car it probably has the hemi 4 speed, and is one of like around less than 1300 4 speed 440 coronet rt built in 1967. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this. I also have an original shop manual for it if you Need any specs.
What a relief... Per my rather extensive interweb research and the testimony of the lady I purchased it from, it is numbers matching from the casting numbers on the block to the C440 on the front of the engine. I jacked it up last night and discovered a Dana 60 with two tags, one below. I believe you're also very correct on the production numbers. It was 1355 4 speed 440 cars total. I wonder how many are still out there...

67RT17.jpg 67RT18.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back