• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil pan leak

Want to pin point the leak? Block the breather (s). Take a air supply and turn it down until you can block it off with you thumb. Introduce the air in at the PCV port. The oil will trickle out at the leak area. Quick and easy. Found more than a few very small leaks this way.
Doug

UPDATE : put some UV dye in the oil last night, drove the car around this morning. Came back to more oil drops on the bellhousing, oil on both sides of the inspection cover. With the UV light and a small inspection mirror I could see a drop on the crank outside of the seal. We all know what that is, but what's puzzling me is there's nothing on the flex plate or converter. I'd think the oil would be getting slung all over the place. Either way, let the fun begin. Time for a seal change ..... yay for me !

If your pulling the retainer refer to my post #29 about the little nubs on inside of retainer near rear main cap. Costs nothing to grind a 1/16" off.

If your pulling the retainer refer to my post #29 about the little nubs on inside of retainer near rear main cap. Costs nothing to grind a 1/16" off.
Thanks, I'll check that out once I get it apart. A friend of mine said he machined .010" off the ends of his to give the seal a little more squish, his leak was gone after that

Auto Transport Service
Back