• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 10 second combo's

I have to modify my fan shroud a tad. The vac pump belt just a tad too close. Have a day off Monday. Hoping to get more done then.

Doug, do you run anything to limit the for/aft movement of the engine besides the motor plate and trans mount?
Yes
Doug, do you run anything to limit the for/aft movement of the engine besides the motor plate and trans mount?
Yes. Last car had K-frame tied to the loop on the right side of the block. This one hd the block lightened so i came up with another solution.
Doug

T14.jpg T15.jpg

Patent Protected. Nice idea and work.

Raced at the SCSN @ Vegas, couldn't make the call for the third round - no oil pressure and a nasty "chirping" sound. Haven't torn it down yet, might be time for new bullet. No complaints, that short block lasted 26 years.

Raced at the SCSN @ Vegas, couldn't make the call for the third round - no oil pressure and a nasty "chirping" sound. Haven't torn it down yet, might be time for new bullet. No complaints, that short block lasted 26 years.
That sucks, hope for your sake it's nothing too expensive...

I had something sounds a tad bit like that before, it was valve-train noise,
lack of oil to the pushrods, it wiped out the rocker adjusters & pushrods
fine metal got mostly caught in the dual oil filters,
but bearings got wiped, by metal debris in the pan sucked up, thru the oil-pump...
Ended up rebuilding the whole engine, bigger & faster is always better...LOL

good luck

AD781437-A998-496D-8DE9-05C4C28F9CC2_zpsdg5p7ycu.jpg
']
AD781437-A998-496D-8DE9-05C4C28F9CC2_zpsdg5p7ycu.jpg
[/URL]

05E46927-7627-4463-9932-BA932FB141E2_zpsoxefvfeu.jpg
']
05E46927-7627-4463-9932-BA932FB141E2_zpsoxefvfeu.jpg
[/URL]

1274AAF1-2FE1-4BBA-9ACD-D986BF1C4CFB_zps08uwsc5u.jpg
']
1274AAF1-2FE1-4BBA-9ACD-D986BF1C4CFB_zps08uwsc5u.jpg
[/URL]

1126080E-6855-4CB9-8DCA-6A9FCDDD7295_zpstor6jmuq.jpg
']
1126080E-6855-4CB9-8DCA-6A9FCDDD7295_zpstor6jmuq.jpg
[/URL]

Had to narrow the fan shroud a 1/4" to clear mandrel. It is tight but should work perfect. P/S pump bracket worked out great so I could keep my hydro boost. Have only ran in the garage for a minute but cold vac is just over 5 at idle and 8 at 2000. I'm sure once it is warm it will be better yet. Need to wait for a warm day here now so I can back out of the garage. Quite happy how it came together.

Just a test run here. first time with this new 511. Launch off idle. ran 10.13 @ 127mph. As you can see or hear I hit my rev limiter of 6800 way early. Currently making a gear change and a chip change for my next pass. Seems like a lot of power left in this motor. So now do I want to go into the 9's or ??

Just a test run here. first time with this new 511. Launch off idle. ran 10.13 @ 127mph. As you can see or hear I hit my rev limiter of 6800 way early. Currently making a gear change and a chip change for my next pass. Seems like a lot of power left in this motor. So now do I want to go into the 9's or ??

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In high gear I thought it sounded like it missed one or two times.Have you tried different shifting points,upper RPM timing retard?? I will say that a 10 oh feels the same as a 9.8.If you like to compete,that 10.00 class is some tight racing.All the **** needed to go faster than 9.99 is not worth it if your gunna go 9.6!!
Pesonally I don't compete, I'm just an exhibitionist with a street driven car that I go to many local car cruzes.
This season I should get into the 8's.
Back to you,,,how is your timing controlled,what is your CR?Have you tried to vary the leave RPM on the footbrake? To what RPM will your cam make power to.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In high gear I thought it sounded like it missed one or two times.Have you tried different shifting points,upper RPM timing retard?? I will say that a 10 oh feels the same as a 9.8.If you like to compete,that 10.00 class is some tight racing.All the **** needed to go faster than 9.99 is not worth it if your gunna go 9.6!!
Pesonally I don't compete, I'm just an exhibitionist with a street driven car that I go to many local car cruzes.
This season I should get into the 8's.
Back to you,,,how is your timing controlled,what is your CR?Have you tried to vary the leave RPM on the footbrake? To what RPM will your cam make power to.
thanks for looking at my run and yes I did pick up something and not exactly sure asit ma have been me. I have everything conservative only 30 degrees timing lockout at this point, shifting at 6300, and my rev limiter at 6800 so I am going to bump it up on the shift pointsto 6700 and 7200 on the rev limiter. and also use the trans break nex time out. CR?? I only made one full pass so far the 2nd pass the car got a bit loose about halfway down so I backed off. So more testing is planned.

It sounds like it's nosing over, have you tried shifting a little lower you may be surprised, also get your timing up to at least 34 degrees.What gears are in it ?

:thumbsup:YIKES !! Great first pass on new combo. Looks like a lot more there. I really like the layout of interior. Good job.

It sounds like it's nosing over, have you tried shifting a little lower you may be surprised, also get your timing up to at least 34 degrees.What gears are in it ?
I realize that there are a few things yet to do. I dont think it nosed over I didn't feel tht anyway. I just hit the rev limiter and at that poing i was quite short of the traps. I will look for that the my next time out.thanks

So I may I ask what your combination is what's your compression heads intake carb what are your specs on your cam things like that just curious

Auto Transport Service
Back