• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 10 second combo's

It is a stock crank but I have eagle rods in it. So hopefully won't break a rod. How the stock crank will like 7000 RPM over time is yet to be determined. Lots of weight flying around.

It is a stock crank but I have eagle rods in it. So hopefully won't break a rod. How the stock crank will like 7000 RPM over time is yet to be determined. Lots of weight flying around.
I have a forged crank I may part with.

Aftermarket forged? Lightweight.
Mines a stock forged. Probably should of spent the & for a lightweight aftermarket crank with Chevy size journals. Oh well. Sometime you have to use what you have.

Aftermarket forged? Lightweight.
Mines a stock forged. Probably should of spent the & for a lightweight aftermarket crank with Chevy size journals. Oh well. Sometime you have to use what you have.
I certainly get that. I also have a block some ly rods and some other stuff. I was going to build another 440 but this 511 deal couldn't be beat. its like going out to dinner, look at the prices on the menu say 20 bucks. I double it and add 10% and I'm in the ballpark. 20 turns into fifty real easy. And if she wants desert another 10 or?

Video Wednesday night. Shortened version below

I would suggest you need to tune a little more or change the gears as 132 seems a little low for your setup, my car with the old 440, .590 cam was pulling 130-132 with 600 hp, yours as got to be at least 650

I have not even come close to getting it to it's potential. Not at full throtltle and 30 degrees timing. Sonoma is a very strict track when it comes to running under 10.0. I have yet to get all the remaining parts in order including a custom diaper that is still 6 weeks out. If I break 10.0 I won't be able to race period until all items are checked off that rule book list. So right now I have to do it this way> actually going out tomorrow night 10.01 and 10.04 to close for comfort so I slowed it down even more. 10.3 would be good. (throttle adjustment.)

Last edited:
Raced last night and played some with the EZPlate system to slow down the car. I ran 10.39 @ 128 mph. Ran great. That was my 2nd pass with plates first was plate I used the smallest and did a 10.99. so I put in a bit bigger one and ran better but, my starte motor failed so the night ended earlier than I wanted.

440-505 RB eagle stroker kit
EDE Victor max wedge heads t&d .725 offset rockers
Super victor intake 12:1cr
Comp rx296r-8 cam with 1.6 ratio .692 int .693 ex
296/303 duration
Duration @.050 263/270
108 lobe separation
BAM Lifters
1200 fitech efi

440-505 RB eagle stroker kit
EDE Victor max wedge heads t&d .725 offset rockers
Super victor intake 12:1cr
Comp rx296r-8 cam with 1.6 ratio

.692 int .693 ex
296/303 duration
Duration @.050 263/270
108 lobe separation
BAM Lifters
1200 fitech efi

What does it run?

What do you guys think? This is My first high hp build. Motor I pulled out is a 1970 440 block 906 heads performer intake mopar purple 284/484 headers. Nothing special

What do you guys think? This is My first high hp build. Motor I pulled out is a 1970 440 block 906 heads performer intake mopar purple 284/484 headers. Nothing special

That thing should be very traction challenged! Should be a lot of fun!

Well its been a few weeks now and I was ready to get s few runs in after the new starter. As you know if you have headers its a real pain in the butt to get them in or out. Well heres my process from start to finish. pulled dipstick tube, spark plugs, muffler, unbolted header on the one side. I had the front end up on blocks about 8" lowered the back of the headers pushed it forward and up in fron to expose the starter. I have the primary wire in a small waterproof connector so I disconnected it at that poing and the other wires from the firewall. I wnbolted the starter and removed it. pairly easy at that point. I then put the wires to the starter and slid in the Power Master and bolted it up. Interesting enough they provided a bushing for the oversize hole in the starter housing. So as much as I hated doing this it went fairly well to this point. I got it all put back together 100% and wanted to fire it off. Well here is where it went south. I cranked it over with no ingition to see how it spun and all I heard was this terrible grinding noise thinking WTF was that????? Well here is what happened the nose of the first starter broke off and fell down into the bell housing not realizing that since my new starter had no nosing. I found a piece of metal under my car no sure where it came from at first. I cranked it againg and it spun fine. All ok I thought. I loaded it up and went to the track fired it up drove up the return road to get all the oils in the fight places and was ready for a pass. Went well rand a 10.1 good for the first pass as we were going to play with the timing today and see what moving it up might provide. Well the 2nd run just spun the starter. I thought not again....... I put it back on the trailer and went home. back in the garage i repulled the starter and looked inside and I saw a couple inches of teeth on my ring gear gone. Now I have to pull the trans and have that repaired. Im depressed to sa the least. Have yet to go after that part. Pic to follow.

Well its been a few weeks now and I was ready to get s few runs in after the new starter. As you know if you have headers its a real pain in the butt to get them in or out. Well heres my process from start to finish. pulled dipstick tube, spark plugs, muffler, unbolted header on the one side. I had the front end up on blocks about 8" lowered the back of the headers pushed it forward and up in fron to expose the starter. I have the primary wire in a small waterproof connector so I disconnected it at that poing and the other wires from the firewall. I wnbolted the starter and removed it. pairly easy at that point. I then put the wires to the starter and slid in the Power Master and bolted it up. Interesting enough they provided a bushing for the oversize hole in the starter housing. So as much as I hated doing this it went fairly well to this point. I got it all put back together 100% and wanted to fire it off. Well here is where it went south. I cranked it over with no ingition to see how it spun and all I heard was this terrible grinding noise thinking WTF was that????? Well here is what happened the nose of the first starter broke off and fell down into the bell housing not realizing that since my new starter had no nosing. I found a piece of metal under my car no sure where it came from at first. I cranked it againg and it spun fine. All ok I thought. I loaded it up and went to the track fired it up drove up the return road to get all the oils in the fight places and was ready for a pass. Went well rand a 10.1 good for the first pass as we were going to play with the timing today and see what moving it up might provide. Well the 2nd run just spun the starter. I thought not again....... I put it back on the trailer and went home. back in the garage i repulled the starter and looked inside and I saw a couple inches of teeth on my ring gear gone. Now I have to pull the trans and have that repaired. Im depressed to sa the least. Have yet to go after that part. Pic to follow.
------THAT SUCKS

The destruction

IMG_07171.JPG

Damn that sucks Canyon

Isn't racing fun sometimes ???

This has been an extremely hot week. To hot to even think about working on this added project. right now its 107 outside. Makes me want to install air conditioner in my garage. Since I spend a lot of time under my car and cold air sinks it just might be a good idea. I did install a heater last year and it made a big difference in the winter. I just may do it. I spend a lot of time here.

64 dodge polara small block 408 Indy w2 s tti headers bullet billet solid roller cam 1050 dominator stock trans with forward manual valve body all torque billet 4000 stall converter,ford 9" 4.30 gears,28 x10.5w slick, 3.485lbs me in it 10.75 at 125

20171007_142250.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back