• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 10 second combo's

This was in a 3300lbs@the line A body..(sorry guys) back in 1991, cheapo build..
Stock 1968 446-6pk bottom end, internally balanced, around 9.8:1
Comp. Solid .650/.650 [email protected]
Ported 906's w/2.14-1.81..approx 260cfm
HS Roller rockers, Roller springs w/small spring removed
Team G int., 2" spacer, modified 850DP
2.1/8" F/well hdrs made from BBC hdrs.
no alternator, electric w-pump.
motor made 531 on track fwhp.
shifted@6300 trapped@6700
4.88's, 32" Hoosiers.
ran a best of 10.71@125 @SPR
actually only ran it once NA with this set up as hit it with N20 after.
for motor specs info really.

69 CUDA AT SPR.jpg

Last edited:
Well should put up my latest .
Broke the 505 block end of May .
Swapped in my old 440 bottom end and fitted the TF270 heads , Super Victor and 1050 dominator .
Gone [email protected]
This bottom end was put together in 2008 probably gone 60-70000 miles plus including monthly racing and daily driving .
Not an optimal setup as I have 30" tall radials which the small motor cant sixty as good with .
But 3 meetings with 2 wins since refitting I wont complain

Tex

Intake manifold...Tech Question .
I currently have a 512ci BBM with a A&A crossram with 750 holley DPs. 10:20 - 10:35 ETs. Anyone have a suggestion for a single plane 4150 intake to pick this combo up? 10:00sET. Great air, low elevation, strong tailwind, 9:99s ET?

I currently have a 512ci BBM with a A&A crossram with 750 holley DPs. 10:20 - 10:35 ETs. Anyone have a suggestion for a single plane 4150 intake to pick this combo up? 10:00sET. Great air, low elevation, strong tailwind, 9:99s ET?
.4 is a lot to ask of a manifold swap. Tunnel ra
.4 in ET is a lot to ask from an intake manifold swap. What is the combo? If it's a really good combo being held back by the cross ram, maybe a tunnel ram would get you close.Normal combo at that ET level the cross ram isn't as bad as you may think. At 3400lbs you would need almost 60 hp more to make it to 10.0.
Doug

I’ve heard them A&A cross rams arnt that great. I know a guy who swapped out an indy single plane for one and his car lost around .3-.4 tenths but he likes the look.

You max wedge port or standard? On the big motor I would be looking at a 1050/4500 over a 4150.

512ci with ported Indy SR heads & .630 lift solid lifter camshaft...basically a very hot street combo!

I've heard that the idle circuit in the 1050/1150 dominators is not street friendly?? But that was 10 yrs ago...maybe they have improved the dominator carbs?

I've heard that the idle circuit in the 1050/1150 dominators is not street friendly?? But that was 10 yrs ago...maybe they have improved the dominator carbs?

Your engine sounds similiar to mine. I’ve ran several different carbs on mine (I like to build them). Dominator makes the most power. They take some work and require transfer slot restrictors to get them street friendly. Once they are dialed though they cruise around just as good as a dialed 4150.

Question, anyone have a thoughts or experiences with choosing a single plane intakes?
I like the following...
Edelbrock victor
Trickflow Track Heat
Indy

Question, anyone have a thoughts or experiences with choosing a single plane intakes?
I like the following...
Edelbrock victor
Trickflow Track Heat
Indy
What size port ?
Stock or max wedge .
4150 ir 4500 carb ?
I have used Victor and now Super Victor

Tex

I have been ten teens with the A&A crossram and those crummy eddy afb's thru the mufflers with a 499ci motor and 620 cam. I think you can get there (9.90-10.00) with the crossram and holley's, just need a little tuning

Post your 10 second combo's
74 Duster. 451 B-block stroker. BME aluminum rods with Ross pistons. Just a Mech lift Comps cam at .590 lift. (Can't remember exact duration.) Brodix B1/BS heads. on single 1050 4150 Holley metered to e-85 fuel, Compression about 12.5:1 Reverse valve bodied 727 trans to 8 3/4" Mosier spooled/axled rear with 4:56 gears.

Recycler.JPG 451.jpg

Last edited:
I like the following...
Edelbrock victor
Trickflow Track Heat
Indy
I have Victor. Replaced my M1. Can say if there was much difference since caeb size and profile was changed.

I have Victor. Replaced my M1. Can say if there was much difference since caeb size and profile was changed.
I had Victor 440 Edelbrock Single plane when I had a 4150 carb. Would highly recommend it.
No, there is not a lot of performance difference between the M1 and the Victor 440 but if I were buying new, I would get a Victor 440 Single Plane.

Thanks guys...needed some intake direction on this mod

Auto Transport Service
Back