• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Race fuel - What's best.

malex

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
Booked for the dyno with the 505 and wondering what fuel other members have found that works best with 12.76 CR. Ive heard that Renegade Pro 110+ works well. My dyno guy says that whatever fuel that I use on the dyno should be the fuel that I stick with. Suggestions appreciated.

IMG_0875.JPG

505RB. 12.76CR.

I've used Renegade since my car was built 4 years ago. It runs Pro 114 due to 15-1 compression ,probably could get away 112 but the cost between the two is close. Good price, works well. In our area a 54 gallon drum is $550
Doug

I've used Renegade since my car was built 4 years ago. It runs Pro 114 due to 15-1 compression ,probably could get away 112 but the cost between the two is close. Good price, works well. In our area a 54 gallon drum is $550
Doug

Yes it seems that Renegade fuel gives good results. I sure envy the price that you're paying for your fuel too. It's more than double that north of the border..

Yes it seems that Renegade fuel gives good results. I sure envy the price that you're paying for your fuel too. It's more than double that north of the border..
Do you have E85 local?
Doug

Do you have E85 local?
Doug

No E85 availability in these parts Doug. There was talk about it a number of years ago but nothing came of it, think that the colder climate was an issue.

Great looking engine Malex!!
Renegade is excellent but I'm, partial to VP C12 for your application with that intake and carbs. I have the proper jetting for that setup but would need your DA.

Hey Malex, Are you using the Indy 440-25 intake stuffers for your engine combo?

Renegade is excellent but I'm, partial to VP C12 for your application with that intake and carbs. I have the proper jetting for that setup but would need your DA.
Hey Malex, Are you using the Indy 440-25 intake stuffers for your engine combo?

Super, yes I have stuffers installed at the moment. I intended on doing pulls with and without them. The last pulls will be without them and see any differences.

Last edited:

Super, here's my DA
4.250 stroke. 7.100 rods.
Aluminum Main caps , studs, girdle
Ultra light crank
12.76 CR
Victor Max Wedge ported 348 int / 278 exh @ 28" H20
1.6 rocker ratio
Comp custom solid roller, 673 lift int & exh. 274 / 282 @ .050 duration
Installed @ 108CL.
1800' elevation.
750 Eddies.
2" pipe, 3.5" collector (TTI 440-25)
5000 Coan, ProTrans, 4.10 Dana 31" tire

Last edited:
Super, yes I have stuffers installed at the moment. I intended on doing pulls with and without them. The last pulls will be without them and see any differences.

Excellant that you are using the stuffer on the smaller CI engine. On my 500CI indy motor I ran a 10.21 w/o stuffers and then installed the stuffers and went 10.04 with same conditions.
My carbs are .110 square now with 7147 metering rods and orange metering springs. Best ET is 9.96 in a 3650 lb. 63 savoy.

Super, here's my DA
4.125 stroke. 7.100 rods.
Aluminum Main caps , studs, girdle
Ultra light crank
12.76 CR
Victor Max Wedge ported 348 int / 278 exh @ 28" H20
1.6 rocker ratio
Comp custom solid roller, 673 lift int & exh. 274 / 282 @ .050 duration
Installed @ 108CL.
1800' elevation.
750 Eddies.
2" pipe, 3.5" collector (TTI 440-25)
5000 Coan, ProTrans, 4.10 Dana 31" tire

your cam is a little bit bigger than mine. nice combo!!

Excellant that you are using the stuffer on the smaller CI engine. On my 500CI indy motor I ran a 10.21 w/o stuffers and then installed the stuffers and went 10.04 with same conditions.
My carbs are .110 square now with 7147 metering rods and orange metering springs. Best ET is 9.96 in a 3650 lb. 63 savoy.

This is great information and I greatly appreciate you helping me out Superstock. Valuable info at a perfect time. I could only wish to see that kind of ET's one day! My car is 3600 with me in.

Regarding my stuffers, I had them out of the intake for a period of time and the buggers shrunk up. Have you ever seen that? What I had to do is use studs in the intake and slide them over, otherwise I couldn't stretch them enough to get the bolts to start properly, and I wasn't about to mess up the threads in the heads. Hoping that they'll stretch back out..

DVW helped me out with some advise on piston to exhaust valve clearance issues a couple of weeks back as well. Ended up advancing the cam to 108 from 110 and that got me the extra clearance that I needed.

Thanks again Superstock & DVW!

your cam is a little bit bigger than mine. nice combo!!

I'm hoping that it works well in this package Superstock. I'm also crossing my fingers that there's no issues on the dyno and some respectable numbers when we're done!

I'm hoping that it works well in this package Superstock. I'm also crossing my fingers that there's no issues on the dyno and some respectable numbers when we're done!

I'm sure you will be fine. Our combos are very similar. I'm betting 715 hp . Who's block is that?
i'm pretty sure mine shrunk a little too and had to do a slight modification to the bolt holes on my stuffers as well. i'm pretty sure I did ome dmming so there was no puddling in the plenum area.
Good luck with the dyno session.

I have also ran C12 in mine. I saw little if any difference. It ran fine on it.
Doug

Will Malex's motor handle 2 carbs ok ? Two 750's = 1500cfm....
He has good flow on his heads and good lift and duration on the cam....but I wonder if the motor is over carbureted.
I am NOT saying that it is...I just would like opinions...
My motor is almost the same as Malex's and after I have my heads ported to 350CFM could I replace my big single plane and my 1050 Dominator and make more power with his manifold carb setup ?
Your opinions are really appreciated. Let me know. Thanks, Mike

I'm sure you will be fine. Our combos are very similar. I'm betting 715 hp . Who's block is that?
i'm pretty sure mine shrunk a little too and had to do a slight modification to the bolt holes on my stuffers as well. i'm pretty sure I did ome dmming so there was no puddling in the plenum area.
Good luck with the dyno session.
Will Malex's motor handle 2 carbs ok ? Two 750's = 1500cfm....
He has good flow on his heads and good lift and duration on the cam....but I wonder if the motor is over carbureted.
I am NOT saying that it is...I just would like opinions...
My motor is almost the same as Malex's and after I have my heads ported to 350CFM could I replace my big single plane and my 1050 Dominator and make more power with his manifold carb setup ?
Your opinions are really appreciated. Let me know. Thanks, Mike

----
Earlier in the thread Superstock mentioned that he has a very similar engine with the same intake and carb set up. My engine is on the dyno today and we're going to get at it on Monday morning.

----
Earlier in the thread Superstock mentioned that he has a very similar engine with the same intake and carb set up. My engine is on the dyno today and we're going to get at it on Monday morning.

Here's my engine which is almost identicl to yours. Made 678 hp with a oe max wedge crossram and ran 10.31 then switched to the 440-25 indy crossram and with same carter 750's went 10.04 consistently in 1400 DA, went to Atco and ran 9.96 at 450DA

498 indy motor.jpg

Here's my engine which is almost identicl to yours. Made 678 hp with a oe max wedge crossram and ran 10.31 then switched to the 440-25 indy crossram and with same carter 750's went 10.04 consistently in 1400 DA, went to Atco and ran 9.96 at 450DA

View attachment 392917

Superstock, that's impressive! Do you have any idea what you picked up for HP when switching to the Indy intake?
You sure must have your car working well for those kinds of times. I'm running Calvert split mono leafs, cal tracs and QA1 shocks on the rear with 90/10's up front and light torsion bars. Any tips on shock settings? It will be the first time out so I'll be starting fresh. Your comment on intake puddling interests me too. I'm not sure how you were able to correct that. I've had a few blown burst valves early on. Touchy things..

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back