• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ready to go racing!

There's a minimun of a solid .10 left in 60ft. Making progress that's good.
Doug

There's a minimun of a solid .10 left in 60ft. Making progress that's good.
Doug

As the launch RPMs go up the 60' times go down. I was set at 4200, tried 4400 but spun bad. I may have been out of the groove though, not sure.. I didn't have enough passes yesterday to try a 4000 launch but I'm pretty sure the 315R60 ET Streets are only good to a point. I was going through at 6350 RPMs. Not enough passes yet to find what shift RPM is best yet neither.

Time to look at some slicks though, not sure what's best. Seeing lots of Hoosier and Phoenix out there. Could drop down a little in tire height too.
Had a good last race, cut a .025 light and lost by .0088.

As the launch RPMs go up the 60' times go down. I was set at 4200, tried 4400 but spun bad. I may have been out of the groove though, not sure.. I didn't have enough passes yesterday to try a 4000 launch but I'm pretty sure the 315R60 ET Streets are only good to a point. I was going through at 6350 RPMs. Not enough passes yet to find what shift RPM is best yet neither.

Time to look at some slicks though, not sure what's best. Seeing lots of Hoosier and Phoenix out there. Could drop down a little in tire height too.
Had a good last race, cut a .025 light and lost by .0088.
IMG_7580.JPG

The M/T radial is a good tire and they are more then likely faster then a slick (most radials are)
what kind of air pressure do you run and what kind of burn out do you do a drag radial doesn't require a large burn out to build heat and to much can make the tire greasy I had a 275/60/15 on a car and it would do 1.30 60ft they just are not as forgiving of a tire as a bias ply on a marginal track!

The M/T radial is a good tire and they are more then likely faster then a slick (most radials are)
what kind of air pressure do you run and what kind of burn out do you do a drag radial doesn't require a large burn out to build heat and to much can make the tire greasy I had a 275/60/15 on a car and it would do 1.30 60ft they just are not as forgiving of a tire as a bias ply on a marginal track!

I was running the ET Streets @ 16 lbs. Smoke but not a cloud. 3 or 4 seconds in 2nd @ 6K. A 1.30 60' is a wish for me. What is your set up to get that. I'll keep the ET's here but will give the ET Drags a shot. Funny, if I heard it once I heard it a dozen times to get a real tire and you'll go faster. Lol. I was the only one in PRO with ET Streets that I saw.

There's lots of debate whether to balance slicks or not balance. I can't see it hurting though.

IMG_1279.JPG
IMG_1281.JPG
IMG_1282.JPG

My 2-cents: It will slow down .015 in 60 and .05 in ET with ET Drags, but both will be more consistent, even though it may take a dozen or so passes to see that materialize.

I see plenty of guys in Pro/ET around here running ET Streets and ET Street Radials. Starting to see more Pro Bracket Radials. My next set of tires will be 28x9 Pro Bracket Radials.

So sorry once again for the drool on your car, Malex..... ;)

Malex...chk out some time slips with 1.35 60 foot times and those 60 foot 1.35 time slips equate to a 10.00 to 10.10 ET....A LOW 1.40 WOULD PROBABLY PUT YOU IN THE 10.35 OR SO ET. Check out my 10.36 Time Slip recent posting anD you will.get some benchmarks.
FOR YOUR INFO.....

Malex...chk out some time slips with 1.35 60 foot times and those 60 foot 1.35 time slips equate to a 10.00 to 10.10 ET....A LOW 1.40 WOULD PROBABLY PUT YOU IN THE 10.35 OR SO ET. Check out my 10.36 Time Slip recent posting anD you will.get some benchmarks.
FOR YOUR INFO.....
Hi Mike. Ok will check it out. Mike what are you running for tires?

My 2-cents: It will slow down .015 in 60 and .05 in ET with ET Drags, but both will be more consistent, even though it may take a dozen or so passes to see that materialize.

I see plenty of guys in Pro/ET around here running ET Streets and ET Street Radials. Starting to see more Pro Bracket Radials. My next set of tires will be 28x9 Pro Bracket Radials.

So sorry once again for the drool on your car, Malex..... ;)
No worries Wedge, it wiped right off. With the tire change I'm hoping that by being able to hook at a higher rpm my 60' will get quicker. When I raised my rpm launch to 4400 with the et streets on, they wouldn't hook. But we'll know in about a week. Love that LemonWedged Mopar.

M/T ET Streets (DOT approved) Bias Ply 28" tall, 13.2 section width, 11.25 tread width.
I wish I had bought Hoosier Drag Race Slicks to start with...
Thanks for the reply, point well taken.

Auto Transport Service
Back