• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rookie question on Six Pac air cleaners

MoparMikey

Local time
3:10 PM
Reaction score
I'm assuming the difference between these two air cleaners is ones for air induction type hood the other is not? Any info is appreciated. 00M0M_cujg6Y9FgpR_600x450.jpgimage001(1).jpg

Top one is a original for a fresh air hood and bottom is some kind of aftermarket type.

or homemade,...lol.

Attachments

• 100_0297.jpg
    100_0297.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 260
fresh air has no sheild in the front, BUT I belive you can use either with a fresh air hood, the hood still closes and operates, just not correct...

What is "homemade" about the bottom one? The tops look the same to me, is it the non fresh air bottom? Or?
i reworked the base to remove the hood sealing flange. the factory never made bases that didn't have the sealing flange.

i reworked the base to remove the hood sealing flange. the factory never made bases that didn't have the sealing flange.

Got it, thanks.
I've seen Edelbrock intake manifolds, was the factory mani Edddy or Mopar?

fresh air has no sheild in the front, BUT I belive you can use either with a fresh air hood, the hood still closes and operates, just not correct...

Actually, the top pic is for either air grabber hood or non.
It is placed on with the shield in back for air grabber, or reversed for non air grabber hood. Same setup for both.

It is placed on with the shield in back for air grabber, or reversed for non air grabber hood. Same setup for both.

what about the breather line? can you explain this better? thanks I think I am missing something here?????

looking at them, I think the ones I have with the sheild is larger

Last edited:

You would have to turn all the carbs around also lol

I mentioned earlier, I've seen Edelbrock intakes, are originals Mopar not Eddy?

I mentioned earlier, I've seen Edelbrock intakes, are originals Mopar not Eddy?
all '69's and early '70's ( i believe 1969 built cars) were edelbrock. the mopar cast iron came on the seen very early in 1970.

There are actually 2 sets of mounting holes on bottom plate of air cleaner assembly that allow the screws to line up with the top cover.
Use one set for air grabber setup, use the other set for regular induction hood. I'm doing this from memory, but pretty sure I'm correct.
Also, as stated by lewtot184 above, Edelbrock aluminum intakes were standard on these through early '70 production.

Auto Transport Service
Back