• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scored another Mopar... for the daughter!!

Good job Dad! I'm try'n to come up w/ a vintage Mopar for my youngest daughter, she wants to get into racing. Her ultimate dream car is a '68 fast back Barracuda. So I'm looking around for that first.

Your daughter will never forget you and buying her that cool of a car will mean the world to her as she ages!!!

Good job Dad! I'm try'n to come up w/ a vintage Mopar for my youngest daughter, she wants to get into racing. Her ultimate dream car is a '68 fast back Barracuda. So I'm looking around for that first.

Your daughter will never forget you and buying her that cool of a car will mean the world to her as she ages!!!
No kidding. My 1st car was a studebaker lark 2 dr wagon wirh a flathead six that burned oil. 100.00 special that at time was an embarassment. Of cours now id love to have the old 'Stud'

Done deal, she got to steer it onto the rollback and unload it at home lol. She's pretty excited to say the least. Time to head to the garage and put it up and see just what we bought.

20170321_190605(0).jpg

Looks like a winner:thumbsup:. Super solid frame rails, solid rockers, no holes in any of the floor other than a puncter, straight bumpers, fully rebuilt front suspension and brakes, new TCI tranny (I think), doors look great even the lower seams, front fenders are good..... very happy

The bad.... shotty bodywork, electrical mess (almost puked), trunk extension rot (most likely lower quarter as well), cracked tail shaft and a dented and punctured front valance .. not bad.
20170321_181124.jpg
20170321_212543.jpg
20170321_212548.jpg
20170321_212604.jpg
20170321_212611.jpg
20170321_212622.jpg
20170321_212655.jpg
20170321_212702.jpg
20170321_212713.jpg
20170321_212720.jpg

Looks like a nice beginning.
The left rocker pinch weld looks a bit haggard towards front, but the box looks pretty straight.
The adventure begins.

Heck ya. In my part of the world, that is a damn solid machine! Sure wish we had them like that. Looks like an awesome first car! You're gonna have to watch the passengers!

Looks like a nice beginning.
The left rocker pinch weld looks a bit haggard towards front, but the box looks pretty straight.
The adventure begins.
The whole pinch weld looks like hell to me lol, nothing a hammer and dolly won't fix. Won't be starting this one for a while.... gotta finish this garage then our basement for the wife and then my Dad's truck before I even think about it. Might serve as good motivation to get the other jobs done though.

Heck ya. In my part of the world, that is a damn solid machine! Sure wish we had them like that. Looks like an awesome first car! You're gonna have to watch the passengers!
This is a solid car for my neck of the woods as well, usually a lot worse than this by far!

look pretty solid, for a rustbelt car

good luck & have fun eventually :poke:

Running and driving but boy do I have issues.... let's just say I unhooked the battery out of fear the wiring might burn my garage down!

Took forever to open the hood until I saw a wire hanging below the bumper with a bolt wrapped around it to form a T handle.. Ohh.. hood release:realcrazy:. Then couldn't get the motor to turn over then found a button under the dash..... after seeing there was nothing plugged into the tranny I imagine this was their way around the neutral safety switch... maybe another button hidden somewhere for the backup lights lol. The more I look at it the more I just want to strip it down right now. On a good note it runs and drives.

No kidding. My 1st car was a studebaker lark 2 dr wagon wirh a flathead six that burned oil. 100.00 special that at time was an embarassment. Of cours now id love to have the old 'Stud'
how you doin bladecutter? Been awhile since we chatted. Hope all is well on ur side of the fence!

Funny you mentioned a Stude, Originally 'Bella (younger daughter) wanted a '54 needle nose!

how you doin bladecutter? Been awhile since we chatted. Hope all is well on ur side of the fence!

Funny you mentioned a Stude, Originally 'Bella (younger daughter) wanted a '54 needle nose!
Hi Man. Mine was a 60 Stude. I love the needle noses & the kirbys.
We have 61 & 62 Hawk GT's here. Both 289,, 61 is a BW 4 spd.
Im still hanging in with the chemo, although this week's session got resched to next week. My bloodwork has been jinky lately with platelletes low & potassium too high. Take care biginch.

Auto Transport Service
Back