• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Second time around

Seeing those numbers makes me really want to step it up

Do it...Do it...Do it!!! Press the red button!

Stimpy-presses-shiny-red-button-animated.gif

P1220001.jpgP1220006.jpgP1220008.jpg

Since I'm using a 6 quart Hemi pan on here, I figured I better protect it if I decide to jump a curb or 2. This is the what the factory used on the 69 Hemi cars.

Do it...Do it...Do it!!! Press the red button!

Stimpy-presses-shiny-red-button-animated.gif

Haha, Thinking maybe I should just put another season on this cam and get a feel for what this setup (T56) will want and hope to save up enough to just go roller? We'll see but that dyno sheet has me drooling.

First time I have done the MAD Electrical upgrade on one of these cars. Here is a diagram of the before and after wiring. Replace the existing #12 wire to alternator with a #10 and a #14 fusible link. Use #12 red and black to bypass the bulkhead connector. I cut out and reused the existing blue #16 fusible link since my engine harness was replaced when I fixed the car up the last time. Some guys just bolt the 2 ammeter wires together on one stud, but I cut off the ring terminals, butt connected, soldered, and double shrink tubed them.
View attachment 235164View attachment 235165
Sometime long ago 2 holes were put through the firewall on this car and nobody remembers why. I didn't pull the dash the dash out the first time around, so just left them and found a couple of body plugs that fit secure. This turned out to be a good thing as now I had a place for my new wires as well as the water temp sensor and oil pressure tube.
P1230001.jpgP1230002.jpgP1230004.jpg
I also had the 37 amp stator replaced with a 60 version on my alternator since I had the extra wire capacity now.
I am really not a fan of aftermarket gauges in these old cars. But with only the standard dash oil pressure idiot light and needing a volt meter anyway, I needed to ad one. I let my 15 year old son pick out the gauge cluster since he loves this car so much. I was going with the less subtle black faces, but he wanted the white.
P1230009.jpg

Thanks H2E . . . I remember reading about the MAD upgrade, but it was a while ago . . . and I'm not working on the wiring yet. I've got to keep it in mind when the time comes fro me to get the wiring done on my car. ( now if I could only remember the reasoning for the upgrade ? )

I think your son picked out a very nice set of gauges too . . . Very Cool !

( now if I could only remember the reasoning for the upgrade ? )

The new wiring eliminates the high current going through the 1/4" spade connectors in the bulkhead connector, eliminates the factory ammeter, and allows the use of a higher current alternator safely.

that is a great job hunt, pretty car,great up grades as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back