• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slant in a 67 Charger?

What Engine to install in an engine-less 67 Charger

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
by the way, /6 was put in the 66 & 67 Coronets from the factory....just not the Charger until 68

I never said it was light haha. But over 300 hp and 500 ft-lbs before any modifications and would probably get 25-30 mpg in a car that light.

That motor must be fairly new? With all the electronic controls I bet some mods would be difficult? That is unless you knew someone with some connections. ha ha ha

That motor must be fairly new? With all the electronic controls I bet some mods would be difficult? That is unless you knew someone with some connections. ha ha ha

It is a new platform, its what is getting put in the new Nissan Titan's. I read a rumor of it going into the Toyota Tundra's as well but haven't got confirmation of that yet.

As for connections it helps that I work for Cummins :evil6:

Many years ago I got the opportunity to hammer on a buddies built /6 and it stayed together quite well. I personally took it to 6000 RPM and it was solid. And he did that all the time. Car ran low 15's at Fremont. I have three Carter YH carbs that I'm saving just incase I end up with a /6 3 on the tree B body some day! Love the SU and Weber set up!!
What all was done to the 6? My Belvedere went 18.10 with nothing done to the engine except for a good tune, open air cleaner, straight pipe, flex fan, advanced timing and 4.10 gears. My Dart went mid 17's based on the guys I ran on the street with about the same mods.....but taking a fairly stock 318 and running 13.51 is much better! Sounds better too :D

Slant 6 with some BOOST. That's my vote.

I don't know, this sound pretty nice.

[video=youtube;rUPGcWydflk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUPGcWydflk[/video]

Yeah, they sound good at an idle....what's it sound like at 6000+ rpm? Yeah, they sound a lot different than a V8. Most of us grew up hearing the 8's and not high strung 6's and 4's. How bout this one? Looks like it's a lot faster than high 11's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3h9J2mgEyA

Thanks for everyone's comments and votes. The majority of voters said install a 383 (or a 440), which of course I have neither nor a matching transmission. Being poor and semi-retired, I will have to go with what I have on hand: one of several slants, the 392 Hemi or a pair of 340s. When I start, I'll add to the thread with whatever I have picked (more than likely the 392).

Dartman
I have a 67 Charger at the restoration shop which will most likely have a 392 installed. Went in with a bad 400 - like yourself I don't have numbers matching anything and I really like drivetrain in my 2009 Challenger RT so I am having a hemi installed, most likely a 392. Will watch your project as it develops.

Dartman
I have a 67 Charger at the restoration shop which will most likely have a 392 installed. Went in with a bad 400 - like yourself I don't have numbers matching anything and I really like drivetrain in my 2009 Challenger RT so I am having a hemi installed, most likely a 392. Will watch your project as it develops.

I bet you're having the Gen III 392 Hemi installed? I've have my Gen I 392 for at least 25 years, it's been rebuilt, so why not?

Correct. though still searching, I am having a Gen III installed. Agree with your logic - if you have a Gen 1 392 available, you may as well use it

Auto Transport Service
Back