• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So any members ended up being ripped off by partsman?

Maybe the Mods can let him come back as long as his name is changed to "NoPartsman".
Stealing reproduction and used parts pics from the net and selling them as your own should not be something this board should promote. Perfect example is I described the flaws in my parts on my auction where he just posted on here with just my pics, no description and a $20 higher price.... I would be the only one at risk if he indeed purchased on e-bay and had me ship to the 3rd party which none of the flaws were described to his buyer. Not good business practices for anyone..

I will disagree as he did not own the parts he posted on here FOR SALE I Do and he used my pictures showing them as his. My pictures are also on the lots of MOPAR sites with the same background image part after part. He does not own them and if the deal went bad I could have easily been the one who all of a sudden someone says "hey I know those pics that's not the guy who did you wrong it's QuickBpBp"
I understand your disagreement. I was refering to those not directly involved. I dont believe insults and emails are justified at this point. This is still America and we still believe in innocent until proven guilty.
I dont agree with the way he seems to be trying to business. Many places use rep photos but state that fact. Many places sell things and have them direct shipped from a vendor. Is this guy using private people as his vendors? I dont think thats right. Illegal or illegit....i dont know.

Stealing reproduction and used parts pics from the net, saying they're NOS and selling them as your own should not be something this board should promote.

Fixed

I also PM'd "partsman" about his door handles to purchase when he posted his ad. He replied to me that they were indeed NOS. I asked for a real photo and then he ghosted me. I didn't buy them. I noticed NJRR was also in the thread interested in them and contacted him to caution him about the possible incorrect claim. He had already realized the same issue. Don't know if he was a scammer. I have bought and sold lot of parts from good people here, and only gotten stuck twice. Once on wheels from a guy in CT, and once on emblems from someone out west. I do hope both of them did buy things from "partsman". Karma is a bitch.

I have one NOS part listed for sale on here. I can't do pictures, so I used an E-bay photo of the same NOS part, but stated this fact.

Last edited:
Yeap.....I have no sympathy for any whiner supporter of this behavior....that person can piss off.....

That's false advertising and should be dealt with...... period....to the whiner here, whine away....

I hate a scammer, like, really bad. All this talk and I'll tell ya, I've been wheeling and dealing with cars and parts sporadically for years. Never once have I cheated anyone. Yes it's nice to get to know people and build a rapport over the years. All the folks I dealt with on parting out my Chrysler came through in fine style with payment and the guy who bought the leftover shell showed up later than planned, was a legit reason and paid upon arrival.

Last edited:
Yeap.....I have no sympathy for any whiner supporter of this behavior....that person can piss off.....

That's false advertising and should be dealt with...... period....to the whiner here, whine away....
I have no patience for scum like this

Or scummy activity like this

Screenshot_20171219-041123.jpg

But i see it has been edited here. Did you really send an uninvolved party an email with claims of something you have no definite proof of? So far 1 person bought an item and recieved it as advertised,shipped to Hawaii for no extra shipping.
Let's let the Moderators and management figure this out. They are good at what they do and dont need our help.

Screenshot_20171219-111655.jpg

But i see it has been edited here. Did you really send an uninvolved party an email with claims of something you have no definite proof of? So far 1 person bought an item and recieved it as advertised,shipped to Hawaii for no extra shipping.
Let's let the Moderators and management figure this out. They are good at what they do and dont need our help.

View attachment 550971
lol....you are making assumptions and I will advise your wrong but roll on please......

I believe that is what they will do overall and that is what they did or need to do....

I think your personal indifference towards me is clouding you....You are welcome to pm me your further concerns anytime as I will do the same...

I recently saw someone here doing business on a center console that was also listed on ebay. I saw where they came to agreement BUT the eBay add stayed up for several more weeks. Possibly they forgot about the eBay add but seemed odd to me.

Since I mentioned ebay. I'm already getting turned off by eBay sellers. Already I have had to resolve 3 issues. All involved overly glowing descriptions of items that if truly described correctly I would have never bought. That's why I prefer to do business with you guys. You see things from the eye of the hobby not how much money can I make on this item. It's also why I keep posting stuff I'm finding I'm my local junkyard. I know someone out there wants it!

Last edited:
That was probaly my center console, had quite a few window shoppers “if this, or if that” money never exchanged hands
I recently saw someone here doing business on a center console that was also listed on ebay. I saw where they came to agreement BUT the eBay add stayed up for several more weeks. Possibly they forgot about the eBay add but seemed odd to me.

Since I mentioned ebay. I'm already getting turned off by eBay sellers. Already I have had to resolve 3 issues. All involved overly glowing descriptions of items that if truly described correctly I would have never bought. That's why I prefer to do business with you guys. You see things from the eye of the hobby not how much money can I make on this item. It's also why I keep posting stuff I'm finding I'm my local junkyard. I know someone out there wants it!
that was probaly my center console, money never exchanged hands like it was supposed to so I didn’t take down the ad. When an agreement was finally made it was over the phone and with a cashiers check, I don’t take down an ad until I’ve been paid. Too many window shoppers that never come through and just want to talk about their parts.

lol....you are making assumptions and I will advise your wrong but roll on please......

I believe that is what they will do overall and that is what they did or need to do....

I think your personal indifference towards me is clouding you....You are welcome to pm me your further concerns anytime as I will do the same...
No personal indifference here. I am just trying to slow down the lynch mob a little before things get out of hand. I trust the moderators are doing a thorough job investigating this guy. They dont want/need scammers clouding their reputation.

If you have ever been wrongly accused of something you would know how hard it is to clear your name again. A sermon i heard as a young man has stuck with me all these years. The pastor was telling a story about false accusations and spreading rumors. He compared it to cutting open a feather pillow on a windy day and dumping it out. It is impossible to pick up all the feathers again just like saying sorry will not stop the rumors or restore a persons good name.
The OP is worried about keeping his good name and reputation. We all want him too also. I am very relieved that 63spf recieved his parts and is happy. If this Partsman is what he sounds like we won't see him again.
I invited you to pm me a while back to talk cars but was politely declined. While we go about this hobby a little differently we both love Mopars and i like to talk about them and learn what i can.

For the record as soon as the OP posted on the original thread about Partsman using his pics for an ad i reported the member to the mods asking if the guy is a scammer.

No personal indifference here. I am just trying to slow down the lynch mob a little before things get out of hand. I trust the moderators are doing a thorough job investigating this guy. They dont want/need scammers clouding their reputation.

If you have ever been wrongly accused of something you would know how hard it is to clear your name again. A sermon i heard as a young man has stuck with me all these years. The pastor was telling a story about false accusations and spreading rumors. He compared it to cutting open a feather pillow on a windy day and dumping it out. It is impossible to pick up all the feathers again just like saying sorry will not stop the rumors or restore a persons good name.
The OP is worried about keeping his good name and reputation. We all want him too also. I am very relieved that 63spf recieved his parts and is happy. If this Partsman is what he sounds like we won't see him again.
I invited you to pm me a while back to talk cars but was politely declined. While we go about this hobby a little differently we both love Mopars and i like to talk about them and learn what i can.

For the record as soon as the OP posted on the original thread about Partsman using his pics for an ad i reported the member to the mods asking if the guy is a scammer.
Personal differences aside......

The main focus here is protection of members......some information your not privy to and cannot assume it is what they think it is......as I stated earlier

Labeling an item as NOS and actually selling a reproduction part states enough in my books....Selling a pair of charger used headlight doors from an ebay member(member here) with no description of the damage it actually has, states enough again(meanwhile whom will get the negative feedback and lose shipping cost) That IS what happened and that my friend is fraudulent...

I did politely decline that offer...I have every right to do so.....I am entitled by my right to speak/interact with whom I see fit....Who knows maybe that will change but again that is up to me....

I know there are plenty of people on here that have met other members. It would be nice if there was a way to verify by references from other members. Kind of a list of some sort where you could click on the members name and see how many members have actually met them?
I have personally met 3 (had lunch with one last week) and talked to a couple others on the phone. No one else has anyway of knowing if i am real...
You can click on a person's user name and see what their trade rating is. There is one member that's been here since 2012, has 32 posts which are all in the classified section with 9 being marked sold and has a big '0' for his trade rating. That guy will not ever get my business unless he's buying something from me.

I think maybe the mods can reinstate him. I would allow him to post on this thread as to exactly why he did & what he did in reference to my parts so everyone knows. I for sure would like a good explanation as would many others on here. Sure is strange.
Only Joey can do that as I'm sure there are no other mods that have that power....I know I don't.

If I found pictures of my car for sale by somebody else, I would have a problem with that. Regardless of whether I had it listed somewhere or not. That IS false advertising of a product. You can't sell something you don't own. If you make a deal to become a middleman, you may have the right to advertise and sell such item. But until then, you are advertising something you do not have for sale. Even being a non arranged middleman may find the parts are sold prior to his own deal being completed.
Years ago I had a Challenger T/A for sale. IIRC, I listed it on Moparts and a buddy of mine saw it and wanted to buy the car. Sure. It was built into a drag car a lot of years prior to me getting it and he wanted none of the race stuff which was fine with me. Had to pull all that stuff out including the engine/trans (big block) along with all the stuff associated with drag racing including a cage. He asked me if it was ok to take pics of it and figuring it was for himself, I said sure. Next thing I know another member saw it on Ebay and sent me an email about it. He was planning on using me as a pickup point for whoever bought it...ie, he was the middleman making a profit for doing nothing but posting pics on Ebay. Well, that didn't sit well with me and told him no one was going to pick up the car but him and that made him somewhat unhappy. All he had to do was ask me if that would ok and we could have worked something out but he had to be underhanded in order to make as much $$ as he could. Got to keep an eye on your buddies sometimes too. :(

I have one NOS part listed for sale on here. I can't do pictures, so I used an E-bay photo of the same NOS part, but stated this fact.
It's good that you stated that but it's really not hard to post pics here.

You can click on a person's user name and see what their trade rating is. There is one member that's been here since 2012, has 32 posts which are all in the classified section with 9 being marked sold and has a big '0' for his trade rating. That guy will not ever get my business unless he's buying something from me.
I agree with checking out a persons trader score Cranky, but it seems that most people aren't using it after a transaction anymore. I think I have received 1 out of the last 10 deals I have done between here and FABO. I always leave feedback immediately after receiving payment, or after receiving a part. Even asked the last guy why he didn't leave a trader score and his reply was that nobody does it for him so he doesn't do it either. This was after I left a positive for him. Go figure.

Ya o think my score is 10, should be somewhere close to 20 if everyone left feedback

Auto Transport Service
Back