• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Supercharging....

I felt compelled to chime in here. we at sdconcepts will be releasing a serpentine belt drive kit that will feature ulta low ac down on the passenger side with a passenger side mounted supercharger. current bracketry will be setup for a D1SC procharger. if going with our serpentine kit, might want to add on the crank trigger kit we sell as well as the cam position sensor bushing. we will be starting a build here shortly probably around Christmas. you'll have to forgive me its on my challenger. but I do have a 73 charger that will be getting a similar small block serpentine setup right around the same time frame.

both cars will be running port injection with a converted manifold. we sell all the parts for that (bungs and fuel rails). and for the DIY guys you can jb weld the bungs and the brackets to hold the fuel rails.

you can run a 36-1 trigger wheel with our setup and run a ford edis setup in wasted spark. great setup for budget boost building and plenty of tuneability. if you really want to get fancy you can run sequential injector pulsing vs batch fire and go coil near plug if you really want and your budget can afford it.

I felt compelled to chime in here. we at sdconcepts will be releasing a serpentine belt drive kit that will feature ulta low ac down on the passenger side with a passenger side mounted supercharger. current bracketry will be setup for a D1SC procharger. if going with our serpentine kit, might want to add on the crank trigger kit we sell as well as the cam position sensor bushing. we will be starting a build here shortly probably around Christmas. you'll have to forgive me its on my challenger. but I do have a 73 charger that will be getting a similar small block serpentine setup right around the same time frame.

both cars will be running port injection with a converted manifold. we sell all the parts for that (bungs and fuel rails). and for the DIY guys you can jb weld the bungs and the brackets to hold the fuel rails.

you can run a 36-1 trigger wheel with our setup and run a ford edis setup in wasted spark. great setup for budget boost building and plenty of tuneability. if you really want to get fancy you can run sequential injector pulsing vs batch fire and go coil near plug if you really want and your budget can afford it.

You've piqued my interest!!

Funny you chimed in seeing how I was trying to reach you about adding a supercharger to the serpentine kit I got off of you. Any chance this new kit will use any of my existing brackets? I'll likely just add to yours or move it forward enough to run it separately but if the price is right???

BTW still loving the serpentine setup, works great and looks really clean.:thumbsup:

glad the current kit you have is working well! once they try them everyone loves them. all the modern touches and the simplicity of an almost factory type design leads to plenty of reliability.

ideally you will be able to keep the entire drivers side together with just a change in bracketry for the passenger side. ideally all the pulleys will be the same. current thought is that this might be just good enough for 6-8 pounds of boost on a 440 with a d1sc without belt slip. we will try and retain the factory 7 rib pulleys. might offer a higher boost option with either dual belts or one single belt that's wider.

but again the goal is to have a kit that is "almost factory" so similar to what your getting a supercharged grand prix or a ford lightning, just in a mopar package.

Do you have any drawings to show the new layout? I'm honestly leaning towards putting it on the driver side since it's pretty open over there.

What I would give to get a serpentine to run my accessories on my Hemi that worked with the Procharger. Just two belts would be amazing.I have three v-belts now and the supercharger belt. when I go into heavy boost and high rpm I usually loose the power steering belt. Then I smoke the alternator belt right off the pulley.Sucks!!! When I did the half mile run at the airstrip I lost the power steering belt before my last run.I run hydroboost so no power brakes or steering.It took me over a 1/4 mile to slow the car down.Sketchy!!!

I don't know if this will come up. but see the pic. this customer used a one wire flaming river alternator. we will be putting the supercharger in its place. current mock ups look good. will know more soon.

I don't know if this will come up. but see the pic. this customer used a one wire flaming river alternator. we will be putting the supercharger in its place. current mock ups look good. will know more soon.

This setup is close to what would work on my Hemi. Where the A/C is I would put my vacuum pump.I would just need a bracket added for
my sweet engineering power steering pump below the Supercharger on the drivers side.If you have any interest in working with me on making this happen let me know.Thanks,Joe

IMG_0144.JPG IMG_0146.JPG IMG_0148.JPG

we make custom kits all them time. pricing depends on how complicated the system is, but you get a true one of kind kit to run all your accessories. we have big blocks and small block here to mock up and everything goes out the door tested on our run in stand.

What I would give to get a serpentine to run my accessories on my Hemi that worked with the Procharger. Just two belts would be amazing.I have three v-belts now and the supercharger belt. when I go into heavy boost and high rpm I usually loose the power steering belt. Then I smoke the alternator belt right off the pulley.Sucks!!! When I did the half mile run at the airstrip I lost the power steering belt before my last run.I run hydroboost so no power brakes or steering.It took me over a 1/4 mile to slow the car down.Sketchy!!!
I used to throw my power steering belt off during burnouts with quick rises in the rpms, hasn't done it once since going serpentine. Also fought with belt squeal at the alternator also gone. A lot of my burnouts are donuts so it gets scary without power steering lol.

glad the current kit you have is working well! once they try them everyone loves them. all the modern touches and the simplicity of an almost factory type design leads to plenty of reliability.

ideally you will be able to keep the entire drivers side together with just a change in bracketry for the passenger side. ideally all the pulleys will be the same. current thought is that this might be just good enough for 6-8 pounds of boost on a 440 with a d1sc without belt slip. we will try and retain the factory 7 rib pulleys. might offer a higher boost option with either dual belts or one single belt that's wider.

but again the goal is to have a kit that is "almost factory" so similar to what your getting a supercharged grand prix or a ford lightning, just in a mopar package.
I've been thinking about machining all new 8 rib pulleys if I go with a supercharger. In the end I care more about reliability and no slippage vs whether or not it takes the same belt as an OEM setup. Might look into offering an 8 rib set?

we can go any number of ribs, you can get these belts for industrial applications in a 10 and 12 and 16 rib setup. could make cog pulleys for everything as well.

the initial concept was belt limited but designed to be a bolt on mod. quick and easy. will see how this plays out. ideally to optimize a supercharger for power you need to worry about how to stop belt slip. I think 6-8 psi will be doable with a 7 rib pulley. anything more than that and the ac becomes a problem. and it deviates away from the original concept that we designed into these kits. a true dedicated supercharger system will be expensive.

Didn't think about the A/C pulley, that could be an issue although a one off mod wouldn't be to hard just not as feesable for a bolt on kit. Something to look into.

You’re hilarious! I also hate sticking to a plan. lol
Evidently someone really, really likes sticking to a plan and didn't see the humor. Not sticking to a plan can get costly but we all know that we learn as we go even after researching, things pop up and the path detours... I know nothing about that :rolleyes:.

Yup, that’s ok. Mike (Goon) busts my balls every chance he gets. I am just as indecisive, if not worse than he is.

Now back to supercharger and supercharger accessory talk.

I am personally running twins for my build but if I could turn back time I would have gone procharger. The simplicity of the build and the cost (I am not good at tig) is where the procharger shine.

I am sticking to a plan... I plan to someday have a Procharged Mopar.... it's just the details that have changed! lmao

The problem is I spend too much time looking for different options and information and then something new comes out and.... Squirrel!!!

There are still some moving targets on my project and life is sure to get in the way in 2018 but hopefully can still manage some progress. Didn't help me at all that I read that my brackets would fit both my head units but... NOPE!!

So what's in the way in 2018?? Sounds important?:poke:

Auto Transport Service
Back