• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The boys and I are building a 67 Coronet and it is starting to look good

Off to the transmission shop

2013-08-26 11.06.57.jpg2013-08-26 11.56.45.jpg at the transmission shop. I liked the yellow Dodge tow truck.

I was just looking at the same thing, how your car and the yellow truck kinda matched together.

Yellow Dodge on Yellow Dodge.....Almost as sexy as girl on girl.

If you ever have a need for a Hemi hood scoop, keep Sled City Fiberglass in mind. We have a young guns discount on the scoops. Must be 18 and younger.

Thats a handsome looking truck hauling a fine looking classic! Looking Sweet!

The bad news is my car is still at the transmission shop but the good news is I got a job at Magnum Force! We should get our car back soon. It is at Bobs Almaden Transmission in San Jose. He has a rep around here for being a great shop and is always fair and busy. My car is in good hands but we sure miss it.

Update. She is a runner and a stunner! Took the boys out for a first cruise and had a Lambo chase us down. The guys in it were hanging out the windows telling my boys they loved the car. We can't go anywhere without a lot of compliments and smiles. My boys are so hooked on old Mopars! We are looking for our next project. THANKS TO ALL for the information, parts and leads to make this happen. We couldn't have done it without you!

The bad news is my car is still at the transmission shop but the good news is I got a job at Magnum Force! We should get our car back soon. It is at Bobs Almaden Transmission in San Jose. He has a rep around here for being a great shop and is always fair and busy. My car is in good hands but we sure miss it.

Congrats on the new job hammond!

- - - Updated - - -

Update. She is a runner and a stunner! Took the boys out for a first cruise and had a Lambo chase us down. The guys in it were hanging out the windows telling my boys they loved the car. We can't go anywhere without a lot of compliments and smiles. My boys are so hooked on old Mopars! We are looking for our next project. THANKS TO ALL for the information, parts and leads to make this happen. We couldn't have done it without you!

I know you were beaming with happiness about that .. great times

What an awesome ride . . . I can you and the boys grinning all the way over here ( I live in NC ) . . . Enjoy it now ! !

Congrats car sounds like it's great, I'll bet it's a looker too, now go out & have some fun, that's what it's all about... Refresh my memory, with out going back & reading the thread again, Is the car equipped with all the MFR suspension & stuff ??... I sometimes wish I was much closer to Ron's shop down there in the south bay, use to go there allot... I might actually have to come on off the mountain & visit a little, it's been a quite while since I've been to the Magnumforce Racing shop, probably 12+ years now... Buy stuff from there still thou, so much easier on the w-w-w... I'll bet it's great to work there too...

If you ever have a need for a Hemi hood scoop, keep Sled City Fiberglass in mind. We have a young guns discount on the scoops. Must be 18 and younger.

So if I can get my 2 year old to talk to you on the phone does that count?

If the next one turns out as great as this did, we here have a lot to look forward to! Mopars are addictive, can be, is an expensive vice but it keeps us off the streets, so to speak, test drives are part of the addiction :)

- - - Updated - - -

And yes sir, Congrats on the job!!

Update! We are loving our ride!!! When my son wakes up he will change the oil, give it a wash and a vaccume, adjust the first reverse band due to late engagement and maby a fluid and filter change on the old slush box if it smells burned. On the way home we noticed it does not bang into drive any more and slips for a second before it grabs first gear. We did a few burnouts on last nights cruise and had a great time! Charlie who will turn 13 next month has decided on his first car! We ran into Dennis H at a car show in Morgan Hill and my son fell in love with his 69 Coron R/T! Now we are looking for a builder for him. We are addicted to Mopars! Our next mods for our 67 will be a four link setup, forward strut braces, sub frame connectors ( through the back floor weld in type) and a motor plate.

Update! We are loving our ride!!! When my son wakes up he will change the oil, give it a wash and a vaccume, adjust the first reverse band due to late engagement and maby a fluid and filter change on the old slush box if it smells burned. On the way home we noticed it does not bang into drive any more and slips for a second before it grabs first gear. We did a few burnouts on last nights cruise and had a great time! Charlie who will turn 13 next month has decided on his first car! We ran into Dennis H at a car show in Morgan Hill and my son fell in love with his 69 Coron R/T! Now we are looking for a builder for him. We are addicted to Mopars! Our next mods for our 67 will be a four link setup, forward strut braces, sub frame connectors ( through the back floor weld in type) and a motor plate.

What a great looking ride Hammond472 ! ! !

I just finished welding in the frame connectors on my 67 Belvedere . . . all I can say is the way the floor feels now seems like night and day better than what it was like before - it's still on jack stands so I can't tell you how it handles. ( unless you would like me to sit in it and make engine sounds - oh, no steering wheel either )

I'd be curious on your thoughts on the 4 link setup vs. the leaf springs - I've been hearing contradicting stories on which one is better.

I like the four link setup verses the traditional leaf springs. Great grip, better traction in corners and no more wheel hop. Leaf springs sag over time and need to be replaced or re arched. I am preping for a big horse motor so this is a better setup for my application. If you are not running to much horsepower and are on a tight budget stiffer springs and a watts link or panhard bar works well also, but it is old thechnology. A four link setup with proper bar and shock geometry is far superior. I think that it all comes down to your application, budget and desire for product longevity.

Last edited:
I like the four link setup verses the traditional leaf springs. Great grip, better traction in corners and no more wheel hop. Leaf springs sag over time and need to be replaced or re arched. I am preping for a big horse motor so this is a better setup for my application. If you are not running to much horsepower and are on a tight budget stiffer springs and a watts link or panhard bar works well also, but it is old thechnology. A four link setup with proper bar and shock geometry is far superior. I think that it all comes down to your application, budget and desire for product longevity.

Thanks Hammond472 - I will be keeping this in mind as I put my car back together. Might be that I stick with the leaf springs for the first round, and then change over to the four link setup. I don't know much about them, so I'll be doing a little bit of research on them in the meantime.

Thanks for the input - it's much appreciated.

Sounds like you and your boys are having a lot of fun! And it sounds like the car is meeting all of what you wanted, Hope you get the trans all working good again... :)

Looks great. What size tires do you have on the back of it? Back spacing on rims? Let me know. Thanks

UPDATE! This weeks upgrades are: Forward strut kit, Battery relocation to trunk, Motor plate, Sub frame connectors, an March billet serpentine kit. We also picked up a set of factory bucket seats to restore. It has been a good week for our Mopar. We will post pix when it is all on the car. Thanks for looking!

Tim I will check the tire and spacing when I get a chance.

Auto Transport Service
Back