• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UFOs or UAPs are real

Watching and taking a few pictures of the Falcon 9 launch. I zoomed in a little on this. Strange.

IMG_0178.jpeg

Interesting. It maybe a chase plane but sure looks funny. Wings like a Corsair.

Several seconds later, the shape shows up again. Too bad the new neighbors have to light up like a Christmas tree. Btw, over 50 miles from launch.

IMG_0180.jpeg

We are not, and never have been, visited by extraterrestrial aliens. If, and that's a huge IF, they had the vast technology to travel interstellar space, they 1) wouldn't play hide-and-seek games, 2) be inept enough to get "caught", and 3) with the thousands of "sightings" by everyone's brother, cousin, and uncle, not ONE verified, substantiated evidence has been presented (except the government... really ??? ) . Nope, there ain't no Clark Kent, and the vulcans are still on the planet vulcan. It's fun to think so, after all... I'm a Klingon !
Yes, after observing us for so long they would be more than covert being among us. They know we are still primitive, and not very evolved. Remember the 1951 The Day The Earth Stood Still? Ol' Klaatu came in peace, and almost got greased.

NASA's Juno probe detects organic compounds on huge Jupiter moon Ganymede

I saw an article a couple days ago that claimed Titan might have life as well.

@1:50 life may not only still exist on Mars but be widespread -

And then there's Venus -

Venus Might Host Life, New Discovery Suggests

The unexpected atmospheric detection of phosphine, a smelly gas made by microbes on Earth, could spark a revolution in astrobiology

That's six places in our solar system, at least, that either could potentially have life or have shown signs of microbial life. If they all do turn out to have life, than that means life is common throughout the universe.

Haven't gotten a chance to watch this one -

They know we are still primitive, and not very evolved.

Or they set us back to the stone age whenever we get close to leaving the planet.

There's no reason to believe aliens could only arrive in the present or in the future.

Or they set us back to the stone age whenever we get close to leaving the planet.

There's no reason to believe aliens could only arrive in the present or in the future.
I believe they might have been here in the past. No modern video media to record them ( which they knew) they figured cave drawings, and things like the Nazca lines would be most likely misinterpreted anyway. You are right, if we ever gain the ability for interstellar space flight, we will get warned, probably only once.

I believe they might have been here in the past. No modern video media to record them ( which they knew) they figured cave drawings, and things like the Nazca lines would be most likely misinterpreted anyway. You are right, if we ever gain the ability for interstellar space flight, we will get warned, probably only once.

Technically, we currently have the ability for interstellar space flight as one (or both?) of the Voyager probes have entered interstellar space and are performing missions there.

If the Angry Astronaut is correct and all the fast radio bursts we're detecting are launchers for solar sail space craft, then it's likely all the space we're looking at is someone's territory. I'd assume they don't want us in it.

Technically, we currently have the ability for interstellar space flight as one (or both?) of the Voyager probes have entered interstellar space and are performing missions there.

If the Angry Astronaut is correct and all the fast radio bursts we're detecting are launchers for solar sail space craft, then it's likely all the space we're looking at is someone's territory. I'd assume they don't want us in it.
'Technically' being the operative term. Those Voyager probes took decades to reach interstellar space, but will also take between 14,000 and 28,000 years more to clear the Oort Cloud and be completely out of our solar system. And then will still be only about 1/3 of the distance to the nearest star.

'Technically' being the operative term. Those Voyager probes took decades to reach interstellar space, but will also take between 14,000 and 28,000 years more to clear the Oort Cloud and be completely out of our solar system. And then will still be only about 1/3 of the distance to the nearest star.

Aliens who don't want us off the planet say "So?"

Then they set us back to the stone age, and the problem is solved for another 10,000 years.

I’ve often wondered how the SS Enterprise could go so fast past stars and planets and not hit anything.

I’ve often wondered how the SS Enterprise could go so fast past stars and planets and not hit anything.

If you don't mind my engaging dork mode - at sub-light speeds, the deflector dish pushes the little stuff out of the way. When they're going faster than light, the warp drive is pushing normal space out of the way.

Space is pretty much empty. And vast. Remember in Deep Space 9, it was supposed to be a 75 year journey from the Delta quadrant back to home. You wouldn't get the 'snowflakes in the headlights' effect that they display during warp drive in that show.

Space is pretty much empty. And vast. Remember in Deep Space 9, it was supposed to be a 75 year journey from the Delta quadrant back to home. You wouldn't get the 'snowflakes in the headlights' effect that they display during warp drive in that show.

voyager_crew.jpeg

Kathy Janeway and the Voyager crew make frownie faces at you. Sisko ain't been to the Delta Quadrant.

@:30 -

The glowie part on the bottom of the ship should be pushing the nebula gases aside -

Voayger_Ship.jpeg

- although the FX artists thought it would be neat to have the gases breaking around the bow of the ship. This is what the deflector is there for.

About the warp effect, if the streaks were stars Voyager would see more of them as it passed through the center of the galaxy on its way home, but I don't think the ships are going fast enough to have stars passing by as quickly as those streaks go by. A trip from Earth to Alpha Centauri wouldn't show any stars going by. Come to think of it, any time you see that effect the ship would have to be on a very, very long trip. The streaks have to be something else.

View attachment 1550748

Kathy Janeway and the Voyager crew make frownie faces at you. Sisko ain't been to the Delta Quadrant.

@:30 -

The glowie part on the bottom of the ship should be pushing the nebula gases aside -

View attachment 1550747

- although the FX artists thought it would be neat to have the gases breaking around the bow of the ship. This is what the deflector is there for.

About the warp effect, if the streaks were stars Voyager would see more of them as it passed through the center of the galaxy on its way home, but I don't think the ships are going fast enough to have stars passing by as quickly as those streaks go by. A trip from Earth to Alpha Centauri wouldn't show any stars going by. Come to think of it, any time you see that effect the ship would have to be on a very, very long trip. The streaks have to be something else.

There should be no nebula gasses being pushed aside, as the electromagnetic funnel collecting those gasses for the Bussard Ramscoops would be far greater in diameter than the ship. In reality, thousands of kilometers in diameter. All Federation vessels used Bussard collectors.

Frownie faces indeed! :)

They only had five years, so they had to be fast.

There should be no nebula gasses being pushed aside, as the electromagnetic funnel collecting those gasses for the Bussard Ramscoops would be far greater in diameter than the ship. In reality, thousands of kilometers in diameter. All Federation vessels used Bussard collectors.

Frownie faces indeed! :)

A for effort, but the "Riker Manuever" in the Briar Patch battle shows that the ramscoops don't suck in all gases all the time. I think the ramscoops are just there to a) look cool and b) be used in emergency situations when the fuel supply is very low.

Auto Transport Service
Back