• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upside vs downside of having a girlfriend in the early stages of being 'elderly'!!

Old friend owns an auto-service shop telling me about some occasional offers when the repair work was too much for a few gals. One was “Would a blow-job cover the cost of the repairs?”

Things have sure changed since I was dating. Read an article about people describing their Online dating experiences. Good Lord! There are more totally whacked-out people than I imagined. Some were hilarious, just gut-busters. Thinking back where I had met gals, it was at school, bars, bowling league, at work. With all the sexual harassment laws, best a luck taking a chance to get too friendly with a female. My dad’s buddies pestered my mother at work to go on a date as he made the attempt to ask her out with no success, until he finally did. Today he’d a been canned, good for me those laws weren’t around yet.

Just can’t imagine trying to date a gal these days, plus too many SCARY stories.

Are any of you guys getting interests from married women? I thought I was now past my "Being rebound man." But this is different. They are more aggressive. And very frank. Being nice and showing some respect is taking WAY out of context. And it's not just 50+ year old. I'm not talking 20 something yearold either. But 30-50. Even when explained. "This is how we get shot!" One actually said. "He's too lame to shoot anyone."

I'm not sure if it's changing times. Or always been true. But I NEVER had anything like this when younger. If had? I would probably have made a whole mess more bad decisions.

My X left in June of 2017 and even though I got lonely often, my plan was to stay single....but this new relationship happened while I wasn't even looking. We really enjoy being together and our humor matches to the point that we end up laughing a lot. Sometimes we we'll just look over at each other and crack up :)

Well, we all have our red flags....just have to be able to recognize them and determine how big of a flag they are. She for sure has some yellow ones and so do I and we've been bringing them out into the open and so far so good.

I'm not one for being alone all that much either but was determined to never marry again. That thought is changing though....

We're doing that all right!! lol

I'm approaching 73 and she's 10 months behind me. I hit 235 some years back and it felt terrible on my smallish frame at 5'-9" but I was 186 last week and been eating a bit too good so back at 190. My goal is 180 or a bit less.
Ditto on the height weight and goal. My personal tipping point is 200. I get there I started feeling crappy. Diet, workout, and try try and try again. I keep the weights light at whooping 20lbs. Eat small meals often and try and beat off craves as best as possible. Bicycle is next.

My sister is 5’5”, an inch ether way and weighs 99lbs. She eats funny, zero fat meals. Not a vegan or vegetarian. Complains she can’t gain a pound. She has mountains worth of energy. Bags of inshore in the closet. Amazing IMO. Drug free as well.

Maybe it’s a chick thing? I’m half whooped by mid day and ready to fall down sometimes! LOL, if ya know what I mean.

Still, honestly, the real key is to not stop moving, keep a young mind set but not be active like your 20 something because as you know, healing takes 3 times as long. Just stay healthy and moving and you’ll be golden.

My wife takes interest in my hobby and did from the start. She is capable of building her own engine without my help save pulling the torque wrench for the mains and heads. That’s a but tough for her in one shot.
She has the opposite problem with being too light at 105 and 5'-2" and have no idea where her energy comes from but I know it isn't drugs lol

Kain't think of any down side except for not getting anything done on the car or anything else in the house, shop or yard! Just glad the grass isn't growing much right now lol. She works part time 2 days a week so that helps a bit for me to recover from the other days!!! :D But by the time I catch up on getting stuff done while she's at work, I'm even more tired.....and she's only 10 months younger than me! WTHeck!? Eh, can't complain as I never thought I'd be in this predicament ever again and we get along very well.

Anyways....anyone else out there finding love in their later years? I know of a couple of members here that have and well, it's a good feeling.

af928fc4-c199-4bcc-8ad8-e879e193358e_text.gif

1706572154000.png

1706572396307.png

1706572190393.png

1706572301800.png

1706572345284.png

D, ya gotta change yer name to Yankee Cranky. Cuz you don't Yankee yer own Cranky now :poke:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And to all you weight-conscious men...:icon_fU:

old-couples-having-fun-17__605.jpg

No response from Cranky yet. Can someone please check on him to make sure he didn’t have a heart attack doing the nasty last night?

Funny chit, (everyone's razzing ya) congratulations hope it works for ya.

Oh my...
If I recall, this is all from a fella who previously hasn't sounded terribly excited about ever finding
female companionship again, right?
Well regardless, I am very happy for you sir! :thumbsup:

Gotta admit, it took a few shots at it before I finally hit on the right one - and at this point in life,
I know she's the right one because she's still here.
After all:
There's no fortune to be won by her when I go here someday soon - and she's certainly stuck with
me through some truly ugly life-and-death things, repeatedly so.
While I've been bounced around like a human ping-pong ball medically or by new jobs turning out
to not be as advertised or whatever the challenge, she's the perfect mate in that she's the steady
ship - the rock in this deal.

May everyone be blessed with such a mate in this life. I know I wouldn't be here now without her.

Oh my...
If I recall, this is all from a fella who previously hasn't sounded terribly excited about ever finding
female companionship again, right?
Well regardless, I am very happy for you sir! :thumbsup:

Gotta admit, it took a few shots at it before I finally hit on the right one - and at this point in life,
I know she's the right one because she's still here.
After all:
There's no fortune to be won by her when I go here someday soon - and she's certainly stuck with
me through some truly ugly life-and-death things, repeatedly so.
While I've been bounced around like a human ping-pong ball medically or by new jobs turning out
to not be as advertised or whatever the challenge, she's the perfect mate in that she's the steady
ship - the rock in this deal.

May everyone be blessed with such a mate in this life. I know I wouldn't be here now without her.
It's not always about what happened, but who was there when it happened, that tells the true story.

he was out on a walk
This is a photo I thought I'd never - see. Is that the FD in the background? Is he on his phone with his insurance agent to see if a diaper fire is covered? Damn, I can't find my 'Unsee' button.

Did he ask his doctor if he was healthy enough for.....

The wife asked, "If I were to die before you, would you remarry?". After some reflection, her husband answered, "Yes, I likely would, eventually. I think I would be lonely without someone in my life." She asked, " Would you let her share the same bed that we shared?". He answered, "Oh no,Honey. We made so many memories there. I would buy a new bed." His wife continued, " You know how much I enjoyed driving that little car you bought me. Would you let her drive it?" The husband replied, "No, I would sell it, and let her pick out something else." She said, "You know how much I enjoyed playing golf with you each weekend. Would you let your new wife use my golf clubs?". "Heavens,no!", he answered. "She's left handed.".
A few years before I was divorced, I was planning a surprise 40th birthday party for my then wife. I had in the previous year discovered my wife's secret affair. We were having a tough time moving forward, but I felt a nice birthday party was still in order. I contacted one of our mutual friends to invite who I hadn't spoken with in years, who also was a member of our wedding party and while we were chatting she asked the question "How are you all doing?"

I responded sadly but honestly, that she had had an affair.
Our friend responded, "another one?"
Within a year, I filed for divorce, after 26 years.
I'm done.:nutkick:

Auto Transport Service
Back