• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, I've had enough of this 440 Mystery Motor

Rebuild what I have or replace the engine for possible peace of mind?

• Rebuild it - it'll be fine

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Replace it!

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
Oh, the answer to the question about measured lifter pre-load, at least as far as my crude method could determine, was within 0.010 of what the measuring tool method came up with.
With that, it's time to button this engine back up enough to be given to its' new owner.
One last time to try an engine swap.
It ain't waiting on my health; I gotta do this now. Time's up.
Also starting another thread, if anyone thinks it's worth posting.
It has begun.

Oh, I haven't started it yet. Still debating if anyone actually wants to see just another engine swap thread?
I'm curious as to how things go. Whatever you do, keep us updated on how things are going. I've been following along this long, don't quit with updates. Lol

Then, you have to cut off the end of the input shaft..................MO
Only if the depth is wrong. The hole may be deep enough but not machined for the correct pilot bushing diameter. Such was the case with my 360. Original out of my 76 Volare auto. Now residing in my 73 Challenger 4 speed. No shaft mods to the trans.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back