• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Went to the steel supply and got a strip of 18 gauge to finish up the trunk edge. Spot/plug welded it in place, cleaned it all up and skimmed some filler on it. While I was at it I hit a couple of spots I had sanded down before in the corners.

WP_20171010_15_02_24_Pro.jpg WP_20171010_15_02_29_Pro.jpg WP_20171010_15_02_37_Pro.jpg WP_20171010_15_02_47_Pro.jpg WP_20171010_15_02_06_Pro.jpg WP_20171010_15_02_20_Pro.jpg

My temp gauge reads low too, all other gauges are ok, is this the one you got from 440 Source? or did it have the threaded stud like the stock ones?
the pic is whats on their web site
View attachment 525775

The threaded portion inside the pump looks close, but the exterior nub where the wire connects to doesn't look right at all. This is what it should look like....

K_1_temp_sender.jpg

The temp sender on mine has the un-threaded tip matching the wire connector on the new M&H under hood wiring harness.

I think someone once said not to use thread tape because it causes grounding issues making the gauge read inaccurately.

The temp sender on mine has the un-threaded tip matching the wire connector on the new M&H under hood wiring harness.

I think someone once said not to use thread tape because it causes grounding issues making the gauge read inaccurately.
Sorry, guys. I'm taking 2 different migraine meds and they're taking their toll on me. My brain feels like Cheech and Chong when the smoke cleared and they discovered they were parked in the center median.

I just took a quick look to refresh my foggy memory. I have my factory gauge connected to the M&H harness using the threaded sender and my aftermarket gauge connected to a spade type sender that came with the gauge.

The threaded portion inside the pump looks close, but the exterior nub where the wire connects to doesn't look right at all. This is what it should look like....

View attachment 525830
I know that's what it's supposed to look like, that's what mine looks like. I bought mine from napa a few years ago (aftermarket) and it reads low, so did the one before, @beanhead said the one from 440 source read correctly compared to the parts store ones that read low.

I know that's what it's supposed to look like, that's what mine looks like. I bought mine from napa a few years ago (aftermarket) and it reads low, so did the one before, @beanhead said the one from 440 source read correctly compared to the parts store ones that read low.
RC is showing the correct one at least for my car, the one I got that didn't work looked just like that... The one from 440 source that does work required me to put a female spade connector on the wire and clip it on the end, as it did not have the threaded nub like the original... the factory wire connector was cracked and overcooked anyway so I didn't mind clipping it off...

RC is showing the correct one at least for my car, the one I got that didn't work looked just like that... The one from 440 source that does work required me to put a female spade connector on the wire and clip it on the end, as it did not have the threaded nub like the original... the factory wire connector was cracked and overcooked anyway so I didn't mind clipping it off...
Thanks, I think I'll try it, my connector is almost 50 years old and still looks great, I'm sure I can make a jumper easy enough, it's fairly hidden anyways.

Had to make a rear mount for the ac compressor and finally finished it today. Since I have efi, the fuel pump mounting location was empty and I used it. Welding 1/2 inch aluminum was kinda a pain.

5DBD2DC5-45EB-4D15-A4E3-BE127728176D.jpeg D99B6C70-BBE6-4DC2-93B0-30D194EBB1FE.jpeg

Finally stepped up to some tti's....I must say, as far as headers go, a joy to install compared to the old-tyme hookers and such I've used over the years...and I was shocked that I could actually spin the spark plugs in with my fingers wrapped around them!
20171017_170650.jpg
20171017_170603.jpg

Finally stepped up to some tti's....I must say, as far as headers go, a joy to install compared to the old-tyme hookers and such I've used over the years...and I was shocked that I could actually spin the spark plugs in with my fingers wrapped around them!
View attachment 528751 View attachment 528752
So pretty.

I hope your engine is well broken in. Otherwise they won't stay looking that way. Mine are a bit dull but I bought the car with unknown miles on a rebuild and should have driven it longer with the crappy exhaust system that was on it before swapping to headers.

Lesson learned.

Ok now don't laugh, gonna check fluid levels & tire press because she has to make a coffee trip Thurs @0730; neither one of us has gotten up that early for quite awhile!

Auto Transport Service
Back