• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you pay?

slimt

Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
Hi. Im interested in whats it worth and the end. Just a ball park of what you would pay. If you were in the market?

This is not my car. Well not yet if Im lucky.

69041375-86A0-4494-BAE3-D4ED7237234E.png

A68A08C2-CF6C-4930-A713-6C81E6ACDACD.png

its just a small block car , buckets..
I have a price in mined without disclosing

thanks. ECC14256-D6A4-456B-B333-1A8981087AED.png

Need more details and photos and rust status.

Nice radiatorlett...

Cool starting point but it's gonna need a lot of work.. The damp floor doesn't exactly give me a warm & fuzzy feeling either....

I know the market is nuts about Chargers & while I prefer the 68's a 69 has plenty of good points too....

I'd want to buy it for less than 10K but I doubt it can be bought for that...

Time it's a decent solid car your gonna be upside down...

Is the inside dry or danky-stank?

I'm guessing the guy probably wants 20 large for it. assuming the floors and trunk have holes, maybe 12 max

I think we will have a buyer's market in September October. I'd wait awhile before buying.

Definitely need more pics and for god sake, get that car out of that damp box.....

Definitely need more pics and for god sake, get that car out of that damp box.....
Im working on it. Im told the husband passed away and this has sat how you see it since 1991. So we will see how this goes. I presented a offer on the base of a total restoration.

Im working on it. Im told the husband passed away and this has sat how you see it since 1991. So we will see how this goes. I presented a offer on the base of a total restoration.
Good luck!!!

Be prepared to do some metal work. It doesn't look bad as far as second generation Chargers go,but there is always more rust than it appears to be! I would want to be into the car in the 10k to 12k range tops. Anything in the 5k to 10k range is a deal in the current market. If the seller is unaware of the current market, you might score. Even with the current economic crisis, I don't see the bottom falling out of the second generation Charger market.

Metal work is one thing to look at (most parts are available aftermarket) but I have found the interior rebuild is getting STUPID expensive. Dash, seats, door cards, gauges, head liner, carpet, sound deadening, radio, wiring, HVAC, will run thousands to do. Without seeing the interior I can't tell if it an auto or manual so I can't venture a very accurate guess but I agree with
1 Wild R/T that being 10K Auto and 12K stick

Metal work is one thing to look at (most parts are available aftermarket) but I have found the interior rebuild is getting STUPID expensive. Dash, seats, door cards, gauges, head liner, carpet, sound deadening, radio, wiring, HVAC, will run thousands to do. Without seeing the interior I can't tell if it an auto or manual so I can't venture a very accurate guess but I agree with
1 Wild R/T that being 10K Auto and 12K stick

It's an automatic; mentioned in the 'ad.

Be prepared to do some metal work. It doesn't look bad as far as second generation Chargers go,but there is always more rust than it appears to be!

What is it that they always say? There's usually three times as much rust underneath as you can see on the surface?

good luck

without any more Info or condition status or "rust" report

I'd lowball it at $12k US dollars Max for openers
(to maybe $15k, if it's more solid, than we all assume)

looks like it's all there, that's 1/2 the battle

But;
that damp dirt floor would scare me

then there's the rodents & rust ?
sitting there for damn near 20 years

the fact it's a SB car, holds it back a tad too
no big deal depending on what you plan to do with the car...

Gen 2 Chargers are worth a shitload,
even clapped out ****/rust-boxes sometimes, with the right pedigree

Last edited:
It's an automatic; mentioned in the 'ad.

Sorry, didn't see an ad anywhere, just his description "small block car, buckets"

But I have overlooked stuff before so my bad.

I would venture to guess that 95 percent of all small block second generation Chargers are automatic transmission equipped.

Its a automatic. Buckets console car black interior. Ive lowballed. Im not into spending a fortune to put in a fortune. But as for the metal work. Thats a breeze from my stand point. Done lots of fabrications over the years. I have a jig if its required as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back