• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why

Here ya go:
NY TIMES OCT. 25, 2016
Obamacare rates are going way up.
The latest estimate from the federal government is that the average midlevel Obamacare plan, the most popular choice, will cost about 22 percent more in 2017 than it did in 2016. This is based on data from 39 states where people sign up through the HealthCare.gov website and some preliminary data from four other states and the District of Columbia.

There is big variation nationwide. Customers in Phoenix are looking at a premium increase of 145 percent, while customers in Providence, R.I., are looking at a 14 percent decrease, according to a Kaiser Family Foundation analysis.
And the NYT is no friend of president trump so that's legit.

I said not all democrats are bad, in fact I think that applies to the majority. I have no doubts you have run into some argumentative ones. The Democrats probably look at Trump at about the same level as the right looks at Obama and Clinton.

Re the ACA costs. That 2.0% per year was what I calculated since the ACA came in for my case. It includes 2017 rates because those have happened. The 9.8 % was what I calculated for my plan in the 7 or so years before the ACA. I was a little surprised, but read another news story (probably the Times too) that gave a statistic that health care had doubled during Bush and did better under the ACA. The 9.8 percent per year basically doubled the amount in that time.. I have read and heard that others have had a much rougher time and expect there will be big differences state to state (maybe more or less if the states bought in or resisted) and with the level (maybe people who had low level plans got bumped much more). I am just not so sure it will actually get better with Trump's plan, but we will all know once his plan fully kicks in. It will be a shame if those with preexisting conditions are dropped or if the plans offer less for the same cost. I like his plan for making the healthcare industry negotiate with the government for their pricing - but that doesn't sound too free market.

I certainly hope the mandate will be the 1st part to get axed....

It would die on it's own accord after that...

Fed. Govt has no business in the insurance or healthcare business...

Stick to border protection & national security,
let the real business people run businesses,
the free market will dictate what needs to be done....

Sad part is I pay more now for just me, than I use to pay for me & 6 kids
less than 10 years ago
with far less in deductibles,
far better dr.'s & far better health care
without a bunch of **** I'll never use or let alone need...

fucken' tax & spend bureaucracy period, needs to be repealed...

Budnicks says: "Fed. Govt has no business in the insurance or healthcare business..."

Amen to that
Under Obama Care we were going to be paying for Welfare Transgender's to get sex change operations

I asked because I was directed to look at a plan that described individual health pools. I had not heard that term and when I looked it up I found the high risk/low risk etc.... definition which read like preexisting conditions. I hope you are correct about the pre-existing conditions.

I am waiting to see what Trump actually does. My guess is he won't actually put the government in the healthcare business by negotiating with health care companies, but it sometimes sounds that way. I hear Budnicks point, believe it, and sympathize.

Sex change - My kneejerk is to say it would be elective and should not be supported. I take it we agree on that one.

Sex change - My kneejerk is to say it would be elective and should not be supported. I take it we agree on that one.

the party you support wouldn't agree with that..LOL

Or at least those who argue for this particular part of it. The thinking in support of it relates to preserving personal dignity for people by defining it as a medical condition - so related to life, liberty, etc.... Don't know if I buy that. But there are other parts of the ACA that outweigh it for me.

Auto Transport Service
Back