• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yankee Express RestoMod Project

Wow you've been busy as a beaver...

what was the deal with the old "roaster panel" ?
didn't like the shape ?
it looked more rounded...

I think the new one looks like it's more flat, sort of
will it be 2 or 3 pieces ?
is it removable ? or a center piece removable {?}
raised in the center {?}
with a style lines kind of like a 70 RR hood {?}

just curious

Wow you've been busy as a beaver...

what was the deal with the old "roaster panel" ?It was too rounded..
didn't like the shape ?
it looked more rounded...

I think the new one looks like it's more flat, sort of
will it be 2 or 3 pieces ? It will be all one piece when done but is made of three pieces. It's less curved, about 1/2-3/4 inch over 41 inches
is it removable ? or a center piece removable {?}No.
raised in the center {?}
with a style lines kind of like a 70 RR hood {?}Yes, only inverted, with the dip across the middle pointed down instead of up.

just curious

Cool thanks, I was just curious

Rehung the right door and took the left off to get it together..

WP_20171208_09_07_45_Pro.jpg WP_20171208_09_08_08_Pro.jpg WP_20171208_09_08_28_Pro.jpg WP_20171208_09_09_08_Pro.jpg WP_20171208_10_55_16_Pro.jpg WP_20171208_10_55_22_Pro.jpg WP_20171208_10_55_25_Pro.jpg

Paint update. I have decided to go with Hotrod black which is a flat black with a matte finish. Also am toying with the idea of True Flame Chevelle style racing stripes over the hood, down the firewall. Like this....http://fastdecals.com/shop/racing-s...l-sticker-24.html?selected_section=wg_inquiry

View attachment 548522
There's video's of the guy that came up with the technique for true flames all over you tube, doesn' look to hard but would require a lot of practice to get it down. I've sprayed a lot of SEM Hot Rod black too, it can be tricky to get it all consistent so practice that on a hood too. I like the sounds of it.

I see. I don't have the skills for actual true flame painting, these are vinyl. I will practice a bunch before putting the black on too. Thanks.

So far today I have sorted out the door components wiring and plugged up everything. I cut the hole in the door for the oval plastic collar that the rubber wire tunnel goes onto for the wires to pass through to the cab. It is snapped in place and the door end of the pass through mounted onto it with the foam moisture gasket inside. I cut the two slots for the puddle light and the red warning light that go on the bottom lip and back rear facing lips of the door. Fortunately the plugs for a the Audi A6 Allroad Quattro are all color matched with their receptacles, blue plug in blue receptacle etc...too easy. I cut the access hole for the window switch panel and poked the plug up through there for later. So each door has the red and white puddle lights, 6 1/2 inch speaker and 2" speaker, door locks, and the drivers door also has the window lock out switch and door lock out switch as well. So...coming along.

OKAY!!!! Winter is nearly over,,,, temps are approaching the work on car levels. So, I have changed my mind and will be yanking the 440 out of the pickup along with everything in the engine bay and the wiring including the firewall pass-through block and dash wiring harness. The tranny is hooked up to the transfer case and is very short. I have two 727's anyway. The rest of the truck I will part out. I will be using the master cylinder/booster, the steering shaft and maybe the PS pump and pulley too. I need to drive this Coronet, and soon. I will be swapping the Edelbrock 440 Performer intake for the M1 single plane and adding headers. Just about time to get busy again!

Hey Ghost, Glad the weather has broken for you up there!
I think the 440 will do a Fine Job putting the Yankee Express down the road.
Good things will come out of the planning.
Keep up the good work!!

Dave L.

Hey Ghost, Glad the weather has broken for you up there!
I think the 440 will do a Fine Job putting the Yankee Express down the road.
Good things will come out of the planning.
Keep up the good work!!

Dave L.
Thanks Dave! Say...we ate some sweet corn up from FLA yesterday. Very tasty!

Spring has finally arrived. Back in business. UPDATE;
As many of you know, I bought a 1986 Dodge Power Ram pickup because it had good 440 running and driving. I needed all of the engine bay stuff too. So I spent the last two days taking it apart. I have the engine almost ready to pull out. The front harness and the dash harness are out along with the power window and door lock harnesses. The power lock actuators are out. The overflow and wiper system is out. Radiator, shroud, and trans cooler are out. Nice HD 26" radiator and cooler half that size.
Finally got the coil out of the way so I could clean off the ID pad. 1973 440 July 31st 73. Passenger car engine. Casting number 3698330 -6. Bonus of chrome bits everywhere. Valve covers, valley pan, dist hold down, vac on dist, alt bracket, return springs and holder, breather, timing chain cover, fuel supply to both sides of carb, both diff covers, trans pan. Edelbrock Performer 440 intake, HP Tayler red plug wires. 750 CFM Holley Double pumper, elec choke, . I will be adapting the power door locks to the Express' doors and the power windows too. Nice through the firewall connection block. I also inherited a set of chrome shorty block hugger headers. it also has a bagged rear axle spring set up with an electric compressor. And an aftermarket aluminum fan. the truck has front disc and drum back with a proportioning valve that I will be putting on the Coronet. A nice 18" shift lever for the 4x4 that I will be cutting down and reusing for my shift lever and adding a pistol grip. So things are starting to move along. The metal fabrication work is nearly done, just a few bits left on the roadster panel. It's all bodywork and sanding now...sigh. Another member is sending me a WO23 hemi hood scoop so that may find it's way into the mix...

Last edited:
Also I removed the Audi emblem from the steering wheel airbag cover and sliced out the rubber to fit a DODGE glove box emblem in it.

WP_20180421_09_48_11_Pro.jpg WP_20180331_11_25_23_Pro.jpg WP_20180422_10_15_26_Pro.jpg

Taking advantage of the nice weather and getting everything off of the truck that I want. Filling up my nut and bolt bin bigly!
Still need to detach the trans. Everything else is done and it's ready to come out. I stripped the inside of the cab and the engine bay. Took everything out of the doors and took the doors off. The heads are 3462346, 2.08 & 1.74. 81.5 CC , yes, me likey..and the rockers look ok and no sludge. Nice that it has all of the chrome dress up stuff too. I set the valve covers and carb spacer and carb on top of the single plane, on the spare 440, just motivation...

WP_20180424_08_55_12_Pro.jpg WP_20180424_08_55_15_Pro.jpg WP_20180424_08_55_24_Pro.jpg WP_20180424_08_55_33_Pro.jpg WP_20180424_08_55_38_Pro.jpg WP_20180424_08_55_47_Pro.jpg WP_20180424_08_56_12_Pro.jpg WP_20180424_08_56_13_Pro.jpg WP_20180424_08_59_13_Pro.jpg WP_20180424_08_59_16_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back